Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Vorcan
Jansports
X-government-agent
7 posters

Relevance of fire keeper souls locations?

X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Relevance of fire keeper souls locations? Empty Relevance of fire keeper souls locations?

Post by X-government-agent Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Thoughts please, I'm curious if the duke archives one and the new londo one have any lore relevance. Do you think they were they just undead like the character of where they the locations of a fire keeper that died.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Relevance of fire keeper souls locations? Empty Re: Relevance of fire keeper souls locations?

Post by Jansports Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Each of the Four you Find (not kill someone for) Seem to have some connection to places that were once inhabited but now are overrun with hallows or ghosts. New Londo was certainly a city before the fall of the four kings and the eventual flooding. Blighttown too was once a place before it was corrupted. The Parish is the same.

The on that stands out is Duke's, It's possible people where there, working with seath on research but this doesn't seem particularly likely. I personally think Seath just kidnapped a firekeeper at some point.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Relevance of fire keeper souls locations? Empty Re: Relevance of fire keeper souls locations?

Post by Vorcan Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:38 pm

I've actually been wondering something similar.
    Who exactly is the firekeeper in many of the existing bonfires?
    On the other end of the spectrum, where are the unlit bonfires that the souls in new londo ruins as well as the parish would have ignited?
    Then there are those bonfires that have no keeper in sight, even though (as far as I could tell)
    Every bonfire that has a keeper has the keeper in close proximity to the actual bonfire.

Is there any Lore that dictates keepers can't be ressurected after a certain amount of time? It would certainly explain "dead" bodies with firekeeper souls, or perhaps another possibility is that the body that contained the firekeeper soul is actually the person who found the soul before you but wasn't lucky enough to do anything with it before he died.
    I wonder if firekeepers are responsible for more than 1 bonfire...

~Vorcan~
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Vorcan wrote:I've actually been wondering something similar.
    Who exactly is the firekeeper in many of the existing bonfires?
    On the other end of the spectrum, where are the unlit bonfires that the souls in new londo ruins as well as the parish would have ignited?
    Then there are those bonfires that have no keeper in sight, even though (as far as I could tell)
    Every bonfire that has a keeper has the keeper in close proximity to the actual bonfire.

Is there any Lore that dictates keepers can't be ressurected after a certain amount of time? It would certainly explain "dead" bodies with firekeeper souls, or perhaps another possibility is that the body that contained the firekeeper soul is actually the person who found the soul before you but wasn't lucky enough to do anything with it before he died.
    I wonder if firekeepers are responsible for more than 1 bonfire...

~Vorcan~

I MIGHT BE CRAZY, But if you Kill every enemy (They can't make any sound) and Listen carefully with HQ Headsets. You can hear a Voice. Or more like Whispering. Maybe the Fire Keeper is There somewhere...Hiding...Away and only the Fire to keep her warm... :face:
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 am

Not all bonfires need a firekeeper to be lit. The firekeeper in Anor Londo says the bonfires with Firekeepers are special and linked to each other.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SpecialNewb Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 am

Djem wrote:Not all bonfires need a firekeeper to be lit. The firekeeper in Anor Londo says the bonfires with Firekeepers are special and linked to each other.
    Lore wise I think it used to mean something but it's obsolete now. In my opinion, in pre-1.06 you could only warp to a bonfire if it had a power source of some sort.

Firelink Shrine - Anastacia
    Sunlight Altar - First Born/Gwyn?
    Daughter of Chaos - Fair Lady
    Stone Dragon - Dragon
    Anor Londo - DM Knightess
    DM Tomb - Gwyndolin
    Princess Chamber - Gwynevere (Gwyndolin again)
    Crystal Cave - Primordial Crystal/Seath
    Alter of the Gravelord - Nito
    Abyss - Kaathe

Of course you kill most of the power sources throughout the game, but I can handwave that by saying it's the residual power left behind that sustains them and that eventually they'll burn out and become like the non-warpable bonfires you have to light.
    Vorcan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Vorcan Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:28 am

Djem wrote:Not all bonfires need a firekeeper to be lit. The firekeeper in Anor Londo says the bonfires with Firekeepers are special and linked to each other.

I don't recall her explaining how this link works though.
    We know nothing of this link, or at least I don't.
    I think it's a bit too early to jump to conclusions.
    The only "link" evidence I've seen so far is the fact you can warp from bonfire to bonfire.
    Yet not all of them are available for warp, why is that?

What SpecialNewb says is pretty interesting, but the sad possibility remains, we might never know if that's actually true or not. Who knows, perhaps the creators of the game didn't tie all loose ends.
    That reminds me, the firekeeper soul you pick up in blight town.
    The place and position of the body seems like it was that keeper's home.
    Like the one in firelink shrine.
    I haven't tried examining that place thoroughly yet, but is there perhaps some evidence of "there used to be a bonfire here"?
    I think that place is just odd, it's small, out of the way. Almost like it may have been a safe place to be at some point.

It's been quite a while since I got this much enjoyment from a game, dark souls does allow for some mystery, I like that! big grin

~Vorcan~
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:33 am

Uh... I hate to ruin the discussion but doesn't this topic belong in the archives and not in the general discussion section? I think this thread needs to be moved over there more people will join in on the discussion.

Anyway I think Jan is right when it comes to the location of the fire keeper souls. The majority of them are found in what used to be highly populated areas. We can just blame Seath with the appearance of the fire keeper soul in the Duke's Archives. I think it would make quite a bit of sense seeing as bonfires are able to heal you. These fire keepers could have been the town hospital or something like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:36 pm