Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
WandererReece
Forum Pirate
Saturday-Saint
SlakeMoth
Marino.
GrinTwist
tinypantha
Hydreigon11
Hatsune Miku
IceIfrit666
bunnywink
Elite Knight
The Letter X
PlasticandRage
Mr. Tart
Tolvo
Serious_Much
RANT
Sloth9230
Sevans
Jester's Tears
bloodpixel
dancash1808
User1
28 posters

Worst mistakes made by you in games

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Worst mistakes made by you in games - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst mistakes made by you in games

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:About God of War 3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Worst mistakes made by you in games - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst mistakes made by you in games

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Spoiler:

I never liked Kratos anyway, just a violent D-bag who refuses to take responsibility for his actions.

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah thats what GoW 2 and 3 made him .
    In 1 you could actually symphatize with him which made me dislike 2 and 3 :|
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Yeah. I was ok with 1, I don't like the rest. imo the series is just a westernised dmc, except not as hard and takes itself way to seriously.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Chains of Olypums and Ghost of Sparda were both... decent. Probably has to do with the fact that they take place before II. I hear there's another prequel coming along, doubt I'll bother to play it though.

It's just hard to sympathize with Kratos in II and III, since the only reason he got stripped of his godhood is his little attempt at world conquest :suspect:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:28 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Chains of Olypums and Ghost of Sparda were both... decent. Probably has to do with the fact that they take place before II. I hear there's another prequel coming along, doubt I'll bother to play it though.

I think i dee what you did there lol

Chains is about Kratos' time doing Ares' dirty works right ?
    And Sparda is about his Brother or something ?
    I never owned a PSP so i dont know .

What could be told about Kratos that hasnt already been ?
    Maybe his time right before he baceme Ares'...whatever ?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Marino. wrote:I havent finished GoW 3 so i cant say for sure if he dies or not :| .

Kratos wanted revenge in the first Game because Ares made him kill his Family in blind rampage (or at least he thinks so) .

The second game started with Kratos being the new God of War and him attacking the Humans out of nowhere (because he felt like it) which leads to Athena striping him of his Powers .
    The rest of the Game is...revenge because he got his Powers (rightfully) stripped ? Yeah..its not really engaging tbh

He starts off by simply doing what the god of war is supposed to do, but then part of his hubris is that he begins to favor that one group of humans who are worshiping him. I can't remember what they were called, but he favors them to the degree of intervening on their behalf, against the will of another god, as they're attacking the city of Athena's followers I think. That constitutes really extreme hubris, as it's both an extreme belief in his own power as being the ultimate power, and an extreme defiance of the will of the rest of the gods. Both of those things are really the best definitions of hubris. It's extreme pride and defiance of the divine. So the rest of the gods collude to bring him down, but his hubris is so great, that he spends the rest of the game continuing to strike back at them for punishing him. In the third one I think he pretty much continues to do that, but then in the end is made to realize that he's made a mistake, and I think accepts that he needs to die. I can't completely remember the stuff from the 3rd one.

Looking back on it now, I think they followed the formula pretty well, considering it's a video game and not a drama. The Greek dramas were mostly moral lesson, but the video games had to be much more action than moral lesson, or they would have been crappy boring video games, ya know?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Took him long enough :roll:

I mean what exactly goes on on his mind in 3 ?
    He doesnt ever reconsider what he does, he just acts like a Hollow .

But in the End he finally realized what he did was wrong anyway, so...yay ? Who is alive at the End anyway silly ?

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Spartans Plastic, how do you forget that? lol

Marino: Something about killing the Furies so he can kill Ares without getting punished for breaking his contract.

Well Athena's ghost is still around, though she's kind of
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I really can't remember well enough to say. On either account. I should play it again. I remember having fun with it. Not sure why I've never picked it back up. Maybe I'll do all 3. Too busy playing Project Zomboid today though.

^ Right right. Tonight we dine in hell, and all that.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Looking back on it now, I think they followed the formula pretty well, considering it's a video game and not a drama. The Greek dramas were mostly moral lesson, but the video games had to be much more action than moral lesson, or they would have been crappy boring video games, ya know?

I disagree .
    I grew tired of the whole epic Action of GoW halfway through the second Game . Sure it still was Action packed but it just became stale after a while .
    A little bit more reason behind Kratos would have made the GoW series so much better .
    Now its just a Hollow Character that kills everything in the most gruesome ways .

Perhaps its just not my cup of tea .

Sloth :
    So Kratos basicly f :!: cked the whole world up ? What a dbag silly
    I can totaly imagine him saying something like : "Oopsie"
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Well he did at least

Spoiler:

And that my friends, is how the Dark Souls universe came to be. silly

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Looking back on it now, I think they followed
    the formula pretty well, considering it's a video game and not a drama.
    The Greek dramas were mostly moral lesson, but the video games had to be
    much more action than moral lesson, or they would have been crappy
    boring video games, ya know?

I disagree .
    I grew
    tired of the whole epic Action of GoW halfway through the second Game .
    Sure it still was Action packed but it just became stale after a while .

A little bit more reason behind Kratos would have made the GoW series so much better .
    Now its just a Hollow Character that kills everything in the most gruesome ways .

Perhaps its just not my cup of tea .

Sloth :
    So Kratos basicly f :!: cked the whole world up ? What a dbag silly
    I can totaly imagine him saying something like : "Oopsie"

Kain f'ed his whole world up for pretty much pure personal gain too, and he's an awesome character. I'm kinda just playing the devils advocate at this point. I agree, to a large degree it's just mindless action, but so are most action games. For me it felt a lot like they were going for a combination of the Greek tragedy formula, and the B-movie formula that accompanies a lot of American Greek themed films, like Jason and the Argonauts and Clash of the Titans. They're the same way. As gratuitous and over the top as humanly possible.

^Right, I forgot they went with the whole pandora's box theme at the end.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah, and i would not mind that if the first one didnt have a relateable Hero .

I think we got a bit Off-Topic here :oops:
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 pm

My worst mistake was buying Devil May Cry 4.

Another mistake was wasting my time playing Resident Evil 6.

My roomate's worst mistake was turning into a vampire in Elder Scrols 4. He was so screwed it was hilarious (for me). That's when I decided to always carry cure disease stuff. My roomate had to load a save made a couple weeks ago, LOL.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 pm

An odd one for me was never finishing Final Fantasy 7… I was (is) such a nerd I did not want the game to end. Now all my PS1 stuff is all packed away and memory cards temporarily misplaced.

Worst purchase was Battletoads on NES, what a time waister for an uncoordinated kid like me.

Worst in-game move was examining the knife over and over all though my first playthough of Silent Hill 2, I was sure there was some trick to it, or magic writing was going to appear. But it’s just one of the ways to get the bad ending!
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:31 pm

I dislike Kratos immensely. He's just a mean, ugly thug. I got to the boss battles at the end of the first game and halfway through decided that I didn't want him to win because he didn't deserve to be God of anything, so I quit and never bothered with the sequels.

Actually, looking back I remember a game on PS2 which I still have called 'Rygar-The Legendary Adventure'. I am convinced that this was the inspiration for God of War. The difference is that Rygar was a lot better looking and, in my opinion, it was a better game.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Not buying fable when it was £1.74 on steam.. It's now back to it's full price of £6.99, effin' tragedy.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:09 pm

I somehow managed to lock my character inside a vault in Fallout 3. There was no way out of there. So it was the end of that character.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:46 pm

I forgot about this one. When I played FF12 for the first time I mistakenly only leveled the same three characters throughout the entire game, not thinking I'd need the other 3. So when I got to the end boss he was far too powerful for me to handle without the use of my other characters to swap in and out, so my only options were to level grind for the duration of what essentially took the entire game to accomplish, or start over. I set it down for probably a year, maybe more, and then ended up picking it back up and doing it correctly. That may have been the angriest I've ever been at a video game.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:47 pm

Uparkaam wrote:I somehow managed to lock my character inside a vault in Fallout 3. There was no way out of there. So it was the end of that character.

Reminds me of the mistake I made. I got to the end of the 'Mothership Zeta' dlc and I just couldn't shoot down that flying saucer, no matter how hard I tried. So I couldn't get back down to earth which was a pain since I hadn't completed the rest of the dlc. I've been back several times to try and do it but no luck and I can't load an earlier game before I got on the damned saucer because I keep my saves down to 10.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

^ I was kind of disappointed with Mothership Zeta in general. It was pretty much a big dungeon with the same like 3 pieces of crappy loot over and over again. In the end you don't even really get anything good for doing it. I really liked the one where you go to the boardwalk area though. I can't remember what it was called.

Edit: Point Lookout. I thought that was the really good one. I never finished the one that takes place after the main game either though. My character's level was maxed out by that point, and I just lost interest like halfway through it because of that.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I forgot about this one. When I played FF12 for the first time I mistakenly only leveled the same three characters throughout the entire game, not thinking I'd need the other 3. So when I got to the end boss he was far too powerful for me to handle without the use of my other characters to swap in and out, so my only options were to level grind for the duration of what essentially took the entire game to accomplish, or start over. I set it down for probably a year, maybe more, and then ended up picking it back up and doing it correctly. That may have been the angriest I've ever been at a video game.

I never used my second set. I had a level 50 ish vaan ashe and someone who I fail to remember and everyone else was about level 10 xD
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:02 pm

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I can't remember what level I was though. I think somewhere in the high 70's. I played that game for nearly 250 hours that first time Did everything there was to do. I don't know if the enemies level with you or what. I can't remember what it was exactly I was having trouble with, but I tried a bunch of times and it just wasn't happening for me. At least not until I showed back up with 6 leveled characters
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:03 am

Oh, and UMvC3...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:36 pm