Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Buggy Virus
Argon
6 posters

Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant

Argon

Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant Empty Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant

Post by Argon Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:46 pm

I did some thinking after i saw the trailer and listened to some of the speculation about whether the game is set in the past or the future.

The most confusing part about the trailer is the dragon scenes one in the cavern with the dragon bones implying that there long gone and the other where the knight fights a dragon meaning there are still dragons about, what struck me was the dragons appearance mainly the wired eye in its forehead, it kind of looks like this Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant 3494217123 the item given to you by the Everlasting Dragon.

This were the speculation begins, the dragon covenant's objective is as I gather is to collect dragon scales for the Everlasting Dragon to transcend life or something like that, as I see it DarkSouls2 dragons are humans who gathered enough scales to make a new dragon or them self a dragon.

what do you think?

Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant Empty Re: Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 pm

Argon wrote:I did some thinking after i saw the trailer and listened to some of the speculation about whether the game is set in the past or the future.

The most confusing part about the trailer is the dragon scenes one in the cavern with the dragon bones implying that there long gone and the other where the knight fights a dragon meaning there are still dragons about, what struck me was the dragons appearance mainly the wired eye in its forehead, it kind of looks like this Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant 3494217123 the item given to you by the Everlasting Dragon.

This were the speculation begins, the dragon covenant's objective is as I gather is to collect dragon scales for the Everlasting Dragon to transcend life or something like that, as I see it DarkSouls2 dragons are humans who gathered enough scales to make a new dragon or them self a dragon.

what do you think?

Dragon scales are a constant in the Dark Souls universe, which is reflected in how the dragon covenant works.

In my opinion this represents how after the flame sufficiently drained, the serpents directed humans to use the dragon covenant, to restart the age of the ancients and retcon the situation.
    Argon

Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant Empty Re: Dragons in Dark Souls 2 and the Dragon covenant

Post by Argon Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:22 am

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Argon wrote:I did some thinking after i saw the trailer and listened to some of the speculation about whether the game is set in the past or the future.

what do you think?

Dragon scales are a constant in the Dark Souls universe, which is reflected in how the dragon covenant works.

In my opinion this represents how after the flame sufficiently drained, the serpents directed humans to use the dragon covenant, to restart the age of the ancients and retcon the situation.

Here lies my problem with the games ending because no mater what you do there is not definite good end to the game the serpents are still alive to manipulate humanity to there liking ,the only difference here is that dragons look undead if you see the one in the trailer its eye sockets look hollow and empty.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:30 am

I don't think that's the case Buggy Virus. I know the serpents want the Age of Dark, but the absence of flame doesn't mean what it was like BEFORE the First Flame came. It means something different, it means 'Dark', not the time of Dragons. As we know Light and Dark came after the First Flame, before the Flame there also was no Dark. Now that Dark exists, as flame goes out, Dark will spread.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:19 am

Personally I think the game will focus on the influence of the dark and the undead in a land outside of Lordran. The dragons are alluded to be primordial and where thought to be immortal until the birth of fire and light and dark. The lords seized the flame the source of light while the pygmy reseeded into the background to await the rise of the dark. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to consider the gods or rather those who do not consider themselves human as the light ruling over the dark that is man.

Essentially the dragons began dying off by both the hands of the gods and men however even after the rise and fall of Lordran there was still an eternal dragon residing directly underneath it which suggests if an eternal survived in Lordran of all places then surely their are others hidden across other lands as well.

As far as the dragon in the trailer it seems to most resemble Kalameet which suggests that Kalameet wasn't so much a unique dragon as much as another species which even Anor Londo feared right up there with the everlasting.

The ending of dark souls was made in a way that it only really influences the next few hundred years of Lordran's timeline. Even if the chosen undead where to kindle the flame permanently there isn't anyone left in Anor to revive the rule only Gwyndolin who is obsessed with perpetuating the lie and frankly would be the biggest threat to Anor's revival. Also the dark lord ends of as less of a new king and more of a messiah to the undead to save them from themselves.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 pm

Djem wrote:I don't think that's the case Buggy Virus. I know the serpents want the Age of Dark, but the absence of flame doesn't mean what it was like BEFORE the First Flame came. It means something different, it means 'Dark', not the time of Dragons. As we know Light and Dark came after the First Flame, before the Flame there also was no Dark. Now that Dark exists, as flame goes out, Dark will spread.

Dark seems to be the idea of hollows/humans and the spread of hollowification, where-as light was the gods. By the end of the game, either ending you choose it is slowly moving towards dark, and it isn't clear that this is what the serpents want. Fraampt wants the age of light prolonged, if only for a little bit, and Kaathe wants it ended entirely at the end, but even the dark lord would eventually go hollow.

I'm not saying the age of dark is like the age of ancient, but I'm saying that the serpent, or beings of their own free will, using the dragon widely will bring about another age of dragons, where the landscape stops being dominated by hollows and beings that live off the souls and humanities of others, to beings that are stone and have no life force: dragons.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm

The Dark Lord does not necessarily have to go hollow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Manus isn't hollow, is he?
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:22 am

Slarg232 wrote:The Dark Lord does not necessarily have to go hollow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Manus isn't hollow, is he?

He probably is, because Chester said that Oolacile folk opened grave of primeval man and felt his ornery wrath. So he was probably sealed away or hollow?
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:44 am

Infighter wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:The Dark Lord does not necessarily have to go hollow. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Manus isn't hollow, is he?

He probably is, because Chester said that Oolacile folk opened grave of primeval man and felt his ornery wrath. So he was probably sealed away or hollow?

Did he attack them, or did he try to convert them? Because Oolacile's folk were not being killed, their humanity went corrupted, just like Manus was. He could have just been trying to make an army.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    Infighter wrote:

Did he attack them, or did he try to convert them? Because Oolacile's folk were not being killed, their humanity went corrupted, just like Manus was. He could have just been trying to make an army.

He became Father Of The Abyss after his humanity went wild, probably his part of Dark Soul went out of control because we all know that Dark Soul want to re- unite with itself, and turned Oolacile folk into hollow's/monsters and Humanities that are in Chasm are probably Oolacile people humanities.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:25 am