Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Carphil
tofucactaur
noodlefish3
User1
LunarFog
WaffleGuy
steveswede
Djem
Shindori
13 posters

What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls?

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls? Empty What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls?

Post by Shindori Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:31 am

I really liked that sword.. It's a shame all the great and ultra greatswords are so.. puny and pathetic looking in dark souls... :/
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls? Empty Re: What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls?

Post by Djem Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:37 am

Yes, indeed no weapon can be compared to the mighty Dragon Boner.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls? Empty Re: What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls?

Post by steveswede Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 am

Dragon bone smasher is one of my favourite weapons. Unfortunately there is no replacement for it in Dark Souls not only because of cosmetics but the moveset is a blast. I've never managed to find out if it does this but the second swing of the 2 handed move set not only covers your front but also your back. That's one anti ganker move I would love to see return if it does hit people behind you.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:09 am

I think the weapon that looks like it the most is the Demon Great Machete I guess. But the moveset is something you need to get used to sometimes. It also swings a bit slower than the Zwei and Greatsword.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:44 pm

...It looked like a dildo.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 pm

LunarFog wrote:...It looked like a dildo.

LOL don't know what dildo's you've seen, they must be exotic.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:27 pm

steveswede wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:...It looked like a dildo.

LOL don't know what dildo's you've seen, they must be exotic.

What would be the Dragon Bone Smasher's equivalent on Dark Souls? 20091027-tpmqd7j9122g7jue9kjx11k8gb

Cut off the handle and you've got a crudely drawn ****.

Edit: Actually, if you look at the handle by itself THAT looks kinda like a **** too.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:33 pm

Dragon Boner was always there when you needed it. silly
    noodlefish3

Post by noodlefish3 Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:57 am

yes that is true i am a sientist and i study the earth and the planets for the human race.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:01 am

was nearly in tears the first time I saw the running R1 for ultra greatswords in dark soulz.... :/
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 am

noodlefish3
    yes that is true i am a sientist and i study the earth and the planets for the human race.
    I'm a planet and I find this post very offensive.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:09 pm

lol @lunar

Its a mix of Demons machette and Dragon Greatsword right? But I think the Dragon Greatsword its supposed to be its replacement. Not sure
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Too bad no greatsword has that awesome knockback from the Dragon Bone Smasher. It was so much fun sending people flying.
    PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PaPaSmVrf Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Oh how I miss you DBS sad

I loved the move set for that sword (or as stated in the description, how its even referred to as a sword sparks laughter in blacksmiths), the rolling R1 was amazinggggg. I miss being a glass tank with this weapon, and I really wish they had kept that in dark souls. All DkS really has is the red tearstone ring

P.S. forgot about power within
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:39 pm

DBS+cursed weapon+cracked ToB+hyper mode=win?

Though it was a tad OP... though not as OP as firestorm :razz:

EDIT: The DBS doesn't look like a dildo, though it still looks retarded. The DGM looks way better, it even has a blade!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:36 am

I miss its animations and size, but the blade design was not very... aesthetically pleasing, of course the dragon UGS and demon gMachete look like rusted ship parts, so hmmm...

also this link seems relevant:
    http://www.thearma.org/essays/2HGS.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:19 am