Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
KrazykevS10
Myztyrio
FattyOfDoom
WandererReece
GrinTwist
gmwdim
Animaaal
vereornox
Tds
ViralEnsign_
Yarxov
Back Lot Basher
Oh_the_Humanity
Gyonimizotetsu
Coryf2209
Sloth9230
BeeSeaEss
tinypantha
ChizFreak
Hydreigon11
RedderAI
Ashran
26 posters

New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz.

Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz. Empty New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz.

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Beckon Point Forward Hurrah Bow Joy Shrug Wave Praise the Sun Point Up Point Down Well What is it Prostration Proper Bow Prayer

And thats it. I wonder if we'll have more gestures in DkS2. Like... hug :foreveralone: or maybe clapping xD Idk, post your ideas!
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz. Empty Re: New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz.

Post by RedderAI Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:43 pm

I honestly want one that CLEARLY states to "stop". So many times a phantom ran off to clear some things 100ft away while you just stand there pretty much thinking "....I actually needed to go the other way...." -_-

I would also love one that clearly shows tht you DO NOT want to fight.

Totally agree on te hug one too. The "well what is it" always reminded me of someone going in for a hug. Lol
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz. Empty Re: New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz.

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Uhm i thought the patches gesture was used to say "im not willing to fight" but hey, the more gestures the more fun!
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Ashran wrote:Uhm i thought the patches gesture was used to say "im not willing to fight" but hey, the more gestures the more fun!

.... Hmm. You're right. I guess I just never get that gesture. Never bother with patches. Always hated him, always will.

I think this would be a good idea if they gave some equipment and weapons unique gestures. Like For example Logan's Big Hat can be taken off during a bow or something. Maybe even a pyro glove could generate a quick small flame in their palm and extinguish it with closing your hands in an intimidating way. I think it would be cool. Thuper-Duper Cool. :B

Seriously though, it would be awesome.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 pm

I want a wtf was that gesture. Not in a mocking way like look skyward but something like what the hell did you just do.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

A sarcastic slow clapping gesture.

Anyway of gesture that requires 2 players to complete it, like high five, or joining fists. The 1st player stands idle (for couple seconds) with his hand raised, the 2nd player must get close and press X/A, then both high five.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:31 pm

As said before:
    Sheath Weapon "Gesture"
    Hi-Five
    Honorable 2 player Bow (Both have to do to activate)

New:
    Proper Bow to be back!
    Sword Play Gesture:
    Causes your character to "test" the weapon doing the various Move Set while in a small area, and finish with a lil of ya kno' Sword Play

Kneel:
    Different than patches first of all.
    You quickly Kneel and bow your head whilst on knees (get the npc Reference?)

Of course!
    A SIT Gesture!
    sit down like you do at a Bonfire Duh
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 pm

tinypantha wrote:As said before:
    Sheath Weapon "Gesture"
    Hi-Five
    Honorable 2 player Bow (Both have to do to activate)

THIS. I'd love to see things like this in dks2.

What about this:
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:05 pm

A "back away" emote, slowly walks with his arms up shivering with fear back couple steps.. I think that would be very "darksoulish" if they did it right. silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 pm

New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz. Watch-10

This^
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz. Watch-10

This^

+1
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 pm

I want to be able to pelvic thrust with the force of 100 trains...would be funny if there was a WoG-like effect and sound with it, but you would be unable to use it when enemies are around, like multiplayer items and bonfires. Would make for some pretty epic stuff.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 pm

I'd like it if you could sheathe your sword, like just in general, it looks a little stupid talking to a merchant with a massive claymore in your hand. Also it'd make gesture like praise the sun and wave not decapitate you whilst using halberds.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm

I would love a gesture for "wait", "this is a one on one battle", and "that's what you get" for PvP and Co-op
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 am

Yeah, wait could be a very useful gesture for sunbros. Today a host was eaten by a mimic... i couldnt did anything...
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 am

I said this in a different post, that I wish that From could come up with a game mechanic or some sort of twist on gestures to make them more usefull, like giving them real meanings. A gesture that means "melee only" or "anything goes"
    Im not even sure exactly what I mean about From coming up with a "gesture game mechanic" but something that makes gesture more practical or even ones that can be used on enemies to confuse them or distract them in some way.
    What do you guys think?
    Any thoughts or criticisms?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 pm

Maybe a new kind of soapstone to comunicate?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:48 pm

How about a teabag? That way we could get more of the COD crowd playing, since they all love....oh, hell with it... I can't keep a straight face.

Let's go with a facepalm?

I also can't help thinking about the aural "gestures" (woodcarvings - you can hear them) from the DLC. Anyone wonder if they will take this further? Further back, someone mentioned a "stop" gesture, but if a person is running AWAY, they might not see you. But an aural cue would solve this.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:55 am

:Highfive:
    :Sit: (toggle)
    :Twirl:
    :Hats off to you:
    :Three stooges eye poke:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScGPRsHSkaE
    :Fist Bump:
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 am

I want a "Throw back my head and laugh" gesture like in Chivalry
    Tds

Post by Tds Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm

In addition to what's been mentioned in this thread, I'd like to see gestures that are fitting for passing the time. Mainly push ups and relaxing. The character would continuously do push ups until it's canceled or interrupted. The 'relax' gesture would have the character lay On his/her back and chill out until interrupted. Fitting for how active the character is.

Also, a 'Flourish' gesture for a unique arms display for whatever is in the right hand
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Idle gesture that are done automatically if the character sits for to long without moving. I haven't seen that in a game in quite awhile. It used to be used all the time in video games. Still is in some I'm sure.
    vereornox
    vereornox

Post by vereornox Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Somthing that consider weapons, something like this for exemple

http://www.bitto.sk/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/templari072.jpg
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 am

I would like to see a "play dead" gesture to fake out players in PvP.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:29 am

New Gestures. Post your wishes, release the lulz. Cry10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm