Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Jodecho
Tolvo
mrraypenbar
7 posters

Extra Souls?

mrraypenbar

Extra Souls? Empty Extra Souls?

Post by mrraypenbar Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Soooo, i was farming souls by getting summoned and helping people murder snorlax and pikachu when i noticed in one particular session i was gaining triple souls. we'd kill off a silver knight which normally gave 500 but in this session i was gaining 1500. the sentinal knights were giving off 4500 instead of thier normal 1500 and when we killed of orn and smo i got 75,000. now, i'm certaning not complaining, but i haven't had it happen since and am just curious as to how i could possibly make that happen again, if it wasn't a glitch at least. maybe cuz i'm a sun bro or something?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Extra Souls? Empty Re: Extra Souls?

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 pm

They were in NG+, I'm assuming NG+2 due to the souls you were getting. After beating the game, you start at the beginning with everything having more health, dealing more damage, and giving off more souls. So that person was probably on their third run through the game when they summoned you.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm

pretty sure you were summoned by someone in a NG+ or higher
    mrraypenbar

Post by mrraypenbar Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:45 pm

wow, that's crazy concidering on this char i'm only lvl 60 and on my first playthrough. people actually stay that low a level when progressing through the game? o.O what do people invest thier souls in? i mean, you can only upgrade armor so much
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Some people like to do it to get duplicates of equipment, or spells, such as a second Sunlight Blade. Others like the challenge, or do it so they can easily buy consumables and upgrade materials.
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm

alot of people (including my self and a few friends) to different low level runs, mostly for the challenge. Vegeta311 on youtube has a few series on it and there is another guy name Emarrl or something like that that did an SL1 NG+7 video. for my NG+ im going to do it with the calamity ring and when i finnish that ill probably do NG++ without a shield. also, not having anything else to upgrade makes the game less frustrating if you die and loose your souls.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Jodecho wrote:alot of people (including my self and a few friends) to different low level runs, mostly for the challenge. Vegeta311 on youtube has a few series on it and there is another guy name Emarrl or something like that that did an SL1 NG+7 video. for my NG+ im going to do it with the calamity ring and when i finnish that ill probably do NG++ without a shield. also, not having anything else to upgrade makes the game less frustrating if you die and loose your souls.

Emarrel is a girl silly
    Jodecho
    Jodecho
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jodecho Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 pm

ah i was always curious, either way, she shows that a low level build is perfectly viable in any area in any difficulty if you just learn the game mechanics. she also had some later videos where she summoned people to "help" in NG+8 only to watch them get destroyed by the weakest of enemies. most of the "helpers" were wearing high level / high poise armor, and at that high of a NG+ its all meaningingless... you have to learn to roll / evade / time attacks, and learn enemy AI patterns... sorry for the rant.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

It is quite scary to see that so many stats in Dark Souls become meaningless that late on...

I actually with my new character was summoned in the Burg by some guys on their second run-through. I found out when I ran into the room after the bridge firebombers and noticed that I was not doing anywhere near as much damage to the hollows as I should have been.

Didn't die though, and came out with a hefty amount of souls. Couldn't complain!
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I was summoned in anor londo at lvl 30 and the host was on ng +7. The S&O fight was the hardest fight I've ever had in this game. I don't remember how many times I died, it was a lot. I learned more about evading that night than I had the entire time I've had this game.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Jodecho wrote:alot of people (including my self and a few friends) to different low level runs, mostly for the challenge. Vegeta311 on youtube has a few series on it and there is another guy name Emarrl or something like that that did an SL1 NG+7 video. for my NG+ im going to do it with the calamity ring and when i finnish that ill probably do NG++ without a shield. also, not having anything else to upgrade makes the game less frustrating if you die and loose your souls.
    WOW!!! that's f**king nuts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:57 pm