Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Spear build

cardiner

Spear build Empty Spear build

Post by cardiner Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:59 am

Hello, sorry for my noobness, but i need some help.

I decided, that i like spears and helberds, i dont know why, i just like them!

Just started playing, and i killed Undead Mechant and messed up my stats, so i decided to start over. And i understood that tha isnt the way this game have to be played, so

here are some few questions: 1. Which clas at start is the best for spear? I am aiming for Pyro or Wanderer, but i havent decided yet

2. Is spear good with shield? and lastly how can i repier my god damn weapons? big grin

And yeah, how i should build my char? i imagane tathat i should push all stats in strenght/dex or i should lure some point in other stats?

THX happy
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Spear build Empty Re: Spear build

Post by Akatik Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:24 am

1. It really doesn't matter which class is best with a spear because they all mesh together after a few levels. The Pyro starts with the flame, which is very helpful, but the wanderer has higher starting dex. The choice is yours.

2. Spear is great with a shield. You can block and attack at the same time. And to repair your weapons, you need a repair box which is bought from the undead merchant (and others). You can repair at bonfires using the box or at blacksmiths.

As for leveling, I would get the str and dex up to meet the requirements of a weapon you like using. And then, pick one stat over the other and level that up to 40 while also leveling up vit and end. Keep in mind that if you're just playing the game for the story and are not interested in capping your character (at SL 120) for PvP, then leveling becomes less of an issue. And especially because this is your first time through the game, try not to get too focused on min/maxing. Just go out there and have fun. For instance, the guy that I finished the game with the first time chose to use the GreatSword of Artorias about half way through. This sword has some pretty steep requirements and my build became highly unfocused as I had to reallocate points into the different areas.

Figure this, by the time you hit lvl 150+, most of your important attributes will be at the point of diminishing returns (40-50). And when your dex, vit and end are all at 40.. does it really matter anymore?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:00 pm

most spears scale with dex, so probably should focus on that also theres a fancy spear out back of firelink shrine guarded by skeleton giants and regular skeletons, if you want it... you'll have to suicide runn in and pick it up then die... also find a good shiled fast, for early on i'd recommend the hollow soldier shield.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:05 pm

Kite shields, believe it or not they beat hollow soliders.

If you need shield information check here, every base to +15 is now covered happy
    DarkMoonKro
    DarkMoonKro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DarkMoonKro Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

If you like spears, then you should definitely get a shield. If you block, you can still poke people with your spear at the same time and that's how I usually beat tanks: Poking them at the same time they swing their giant club.

You can also two hand the spear and stay back since they usually have way more range than any other weapon. Just keep your distance and you should be good.

I don't have much experience with Halberds, but I think they work est 2-handed too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:53 pm