Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+113
StarFyre
Astros
NathanC
asleepfern0092
SunBroYo
Jadedarms
omgpeople
capt_seamen
LintyJones
Gramps66
persephone325
Reaver112
Anjaneya
AhabHix
Saoshin
Dabubbies
WaffleGuy
ForeverBale11
Serious_Much
Emvidasch
joaopauloted
Sentiel
misfit_hk
PainDistributor
arshan272
OstrawberykushG
Robberta
PenderPowguin
Dynnyn
addym
The 23 Freak
roomsixteen
RevolverSnake
Tdtots
Havel_The_Rock
fluffythecat87
BluntBluntington
LegendarySwag92
dark.magik
Icegodzilla
gtsoldwolf
freeballin
User1
CephGabriel
Razz
mediocrenoob
Zyrrashijn
megaoptamas759
Coryf2209
DemonOfFate
Raksar
Sweord
Edensflame
LittleRedGhost
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
Kjartemis1
divinebeanpole
DarrenDepro
raecor14
Halicarnassis
saslukasz
IIdoneus
Azul
exod FEAR
Texasissouth
xcel
lextune
nickyenarbia
TheEvilOne
Naxek
Artemis_Swift
Eanwulf188
domesplitter13
jcgilmartin
Maplepop
toxo
Somayoshi
LeinadDC
jaywhy07
SaucyLlama
abmoner
boomflair
Kirin1984
theradgeartist
Richas123
SCSkunk
WaLKA
Blitzmafia
Demon Slayer
Candino
sicpayne
Kuragari
gmwdim
Jenova_X
Lord of Ash
PrimeEspada
ddh1
Mr. Tart
VaDoom
DeathlyLemons
ninjawhoo
Xenmo
Tanklord
leonidas2600
Longshot
sure-magicians
Tomhet
Cjfthistle
Myztyrio
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Fry1156
densetsushun
117 posters

Co-op Services (post here if you're looking for help)

LeinadDC
    LeinadDC

Co-op Services (post here if you're looking for help) - Page 11 Empty Re: Co-op Services (post here if you're looking for help)

Post by LeinadDC Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    LeinadDC wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:
    LeinadDC wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:Leina, Somayoshi, message me on PSN and I can see if our times line up. Soma, do you have a light source?

Alright, are you Fry11?
    My PSN ID is the same as my forum handle.

Oh haha, didn't know that, i'll add you. I'm going to play in about 1 or 2 hours, will you be online and available?
    Don't add me, just message me. I might be there if I can't fall asleep, otherwise someone in the western hemisphere might have to take this one. Post in this thread when you're online too.

Alright then, i will post and message you.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Co-op Services (post here if you're looking for help) - Page 11 Empty Re: Co-op Services (post here if you're looking for help)

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm on now, message me when you're playing.
    theradgeartist

Post by theradgeartist Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm

I seem to have made a bit of a mess of my stats trying to use weapons and getting things wrong. Following the walkthrough isnt always a good idea...

New Londo and Four Kings up next for me but im a little stuck as the guide says to use a cursed weapon or be cursed and I dont have one and I am not. I have the artorious sword the way its supposed to be cursed but ive no int to use it.
    If anyone fancies body guarding me through new londo give me a PM on here or PSN (TheRadgeArtist).

Cheers!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:09 pm

theradgeartist wrote:I seem to have made a bit of a mess of my stats trying to use weapons and getting things wrong. Following the walkthrough isnt always a good idea...

New Londo and Four Kings up next for me but im a little stuck as the guide says to use a cursed weapon or be cursed and I dont have one and I am not. I have the artorious sword the way its supposed to be cursed but ive no int to use it.
    If anyone fancies body guarding me through new londo give me a PM on here or PSN (TheRadgeArtist).

Cheers!
    What's your SL?
    theradgeartist

Post by theradgeartist Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Deleted that part by accident. Sorry.

SL78
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm

PMed you, check your message box.
    LeinadDC
    LeinadDC

Post by LeinadDC Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 pm

densetsushun wrote:I'm on now, message me when you're playing.

I'll message you now, in case you're not busy.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:08 am

The problem with New Londo is that you only need Curse to fight the ghosts and unless you clear this part of New Londo, you can't summon help.

To fight ghosts you need one of the three things.

Cursed Weapon. It seems you have this part covered.

Cursed body. This requires you to get Cursed by Basilisks in Depths, or Great Hollow.

Temporary Curse. This is done by using an item Transient Curse, which will enable you to fight ghosts for five minutes before it wears off. You can find 2 before you enter New Londo, another two in a vase in the first part of New Londo and the ghosts themselves drop it very often. In the worst case scenario, the Female Undead Merchant in the shortcut from Firelink Shrine to Lower Undead Burg sells Transient Curse.

After you clear the first half of New Londo, you will trigger a cutscene. After this cutscene you finally have acess to the boss and now can summon players for help and get invaded.

I would love to help you as well, but it seems our timezones are quite apart (as usual).
    toxo

Post by toxo Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 am

Hello!!i play the pc version my id is ToXo90 i am a pyrowarrior level 67 and i need help with ORNSTEIN and SMOUGHT,i want to kill Ornstein for last but, also with solair's help,after kill smought ,super ornistein kill us hahahahahahah.
    tank you happy and sorry for my english !
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:36 am

Sentiel wrote:The problem with New Londo is that you only need Curse to fight the ghosts and unless you clear this part of New Londo, you can't summon help.

To fight ghosts you need one of the three things.

Cursed Weapon. It seems you have this part covered.

Cursed body. This requires you to get Cursed by Basilisks in Depths, or Great Hollow.

Temporary Curse. This is done by using an item Transient Curse, which will enable you to fight ghosts for five minutes before it wears off. You can find 2 before you enter New Londo, another two in a vase in the first part of New Londo and the ghosts themselves drop it very often. In the worst case scenario, the Female Undead Merchant in the shortcut from Firelink Shrine to Lower Undead Burg sells Transient Curse.

After you clear the first half of New Londo, you will trigger a cutscene. After this cutscene you finally have acess to the boss and now can summon players for help and get invaded.

I would love to help you as well, but it seems our timezones are quite apart (as usual).
    I told him what Transient Curses were last night as well, he couldn't connect because his internet was slow. Hopefully some PS3 members in the NA timezone can help this guy.

*looks at everyone else on the list*
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 am

toxo wrote:Hello!!i play the pc version my id is ToXo90 i am a pyrowarrior level 67 and i need help with ORNSTEIN and SMOUGHT,i want to kill Ornstein for last but, also with solair's help,after kill smought ,super ornistein kill us hahahahahahah.
    tank you happy and sorry for my english !

Hello! Seems like I'm still the only PC player offering help.
    I might be able to help you. I say I might because :
    I'm rarely connected on pc and play much more on PS3. So I'm not even sure I have a toon in the right range. If I have one, it'll be a pleasure to help.
    At what time and in what time zone are you online? I'll see if I can help.
    Maplepop
    Maplepop
    Regular
    Regular

Co-op Services (post here if you're looking for help) - Page 11 Empty Co-op!

Post by Maplepop Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 am

Hey guys anyone fancy some co-op (NG) - hit me up on Xbox360 (Maplepop)... SL28.. Blighttown Swamp bonfire at the mo. Will be online Mon-Fri 6pm GMT onwards... Need Green titanite shards too, will be happy to trade. Cheers!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:53 am

Get to work people!
    Just kidding. winking
    I'm very glad to see so many requests, but I am ashamed that I can't help them out because I only have a PS3...
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Had plenty of work last nite happy I successfully helped someone from Ceaseless Discharge all the way to Bed of Chaos. Gonna help same guy in PW later on.

And more work again tonight. Just helped someone with Artorias, got him through Oolacile Township and we also beat Manus together cheers
    Somayoshi
    Somayoshi
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Somayoshi Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:34 pm

densetsushun wrote:Leina, Somayoshi, message me on PSN and I can see if our times line up. Soma, do you have a light source?

I have the sunlight maggot
    theradgeartist

Post by theradgeartist Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks densetsushun and Sentiel. I am actually in the UK but had persisted my way past nito. Thats why I was up so late - and yeah internet cutting out didnt help.

Im about to attempt new londo now. If anyone is online and able to help out with the boss that would be cool. I just tried it when I was summoned to help some one else and I dont seem to be hitting hard at all against new londo enemies.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

I'll be off on holiday (or vacation as u like to call it in the US) tomorrow just in case anyone here was thinking of messaging me this weekend looking for help. I'll be back for more Jolly Co-Operation on tuesday cheers
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:37 pm

theradgeartist wrote:Thanks densetsushun and Sentiel. I am actually in the UK but had persisted my way past nito. Thats why I was up so late - and yeah internet cutting out didnt help.

Im about to attempt new londo now. If anyone is online and able to help out with the boss that would be cool. I just tried it when I was summoned to help some one else and I dont seem to be hitting hard at all against new londo enemies.
    Hey, what times do you play exactly? It'll be easier for me that way to figure out when I can help you.

Somayoshi wrote:
    I have the sunlight maggot
    If you still need help, send me a message on psn with details about when you're available.
    jcgilmartin
    jcgilmartin

Post by jcgilmartin Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi, i would like to join the club.
    Please find my PSN details below:
    ID: Hashing
    DLC: yes
    BUILDS
    - SL 25: pyro-basic / bandit knife
    - SL 50: int / thin cat-enchanted rapier
    - SL 75: dex-vit-end / gold tracer
    - SL 100: vit-end-faith / zweihander
    - SL 260: supermix / everything
    Thanks for creating the post, weekends
    Best.
    theradgeartist

Post by theradgeartist Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:28 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Hey, what times do you play exactly? It'll be easier for me that way to figure out when I can help you.

Im normally back from my studio around 6pm and play on and off until around 12 (UK time). Weekends my time vary greatly.

I managed to beat four kings but am taking a break from rushing the story and started building my first pvp character. Going for a str build to see how it goes. SL28 just now.
    If anyone wants to help out with build suggestions (sentiel has already covered a little bit of that already for me), titanite shards or upgraded equipment or anything then any help/suggestion is appreciated.

I am just running about with a drake sword, cooping, just now trying to upgrade my zweihander.
    boomflair
    boomflair

Post by boomflair Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:36 pm

hey if anyone has a guy in the sl range 95 and 110 on ps3 i could use some help with killing Manus on the dlc my psn name is allknightgamer
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 pm

theradgeartist wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:

Im normally back from my studio around 6pm and play on and off until around 12 (UK time). Weekends my time vary greatly.

I managed to beat four kings but am taking a break from rushing the story and started building my first pvp character. Going for a str build to see how it goes. SL28 just now.
    If anyone wants to help out with build suggestions (sentiel has already covered a little bit of that already for me), titanite shards or upgraded equipment or anything then any help/suggestion is appreciated.

I am just running about with a drake sword, cooping, just now trying to upgrade my zweihander.
    Good job! You shouldn't have any problems beating the game now happy If you need help with your PvP build, go check out the PvP section.

I suggest, as this is your first PvP character and you're going with strength, to use big weapons(think Greatswords, Ultra Greatswords, Greataxes) and stack defence and poise, but don't go over 50% load. The reason you shouldn't go over 50% is you go into fat roll, and unless you're great at PvP you want the mobility to get to your opponent to attack as big weapons swing slowly. As for choosing a weapon, I don't recommend going for a big AR yet as much as choosing a weapon you feel comfortable playing with, get to learn the moveset, all the weaknesses and advantages of the weapon.
    theradgeartist

Post by theradgeartist Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Thanks. Yeah I'll just be cooping until im sure of my build and equipment, upgraded etc. Not sure what AR is. I quite like the zweihander animation. Not sure its the best but the novelty of a mighty swing is always fun. What armor would you recommend? I dont see much point upgrading stuff I have just now if im its not what im going to use.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

theradgeartist wrote:Thanks. Yeah I'll just be cooping until im sure of my build and equipment, upgraded etc. Not sure what AR is. I quite like the zweihander animation. Not sure its the best but the novelty of a mighty swing is always fun. What armor would you recommend? I dont see much point upgrading stuff I have just now if im its not what im going to use.
    AR is attack rating, it tells you what kind of damage you'll be dishing out(not point for point, mind you). The zweihander has a great moveset, it is a bit slow though, far slower than greatswords as it's an ultra greatsword but it's an amazing weapon. Try getting a feel of fighting with it unlocked.

As for armor, it depends entirely on what SL you're aiming for and your endurance at the end, the rings you'll wear. Generally speaking, if you're looking at something like 40/40/40 on vit, end and str, you'll benefit greatly from wearing the ring of favor and protection. With those stats and that ring, Ornstein set is a great set to wear as it gives high defences at a moderate weight, but if you're looking to upgrade armor it falls short of most things fully upgraded.
    theradgeartist

Post by theradgeartist Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Alright, noted. Just found myself a black knight greatsword so may give that a shot when i can weild it. I do like the Zhander though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:13 am