Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Acarnatia
k4Anarky
Shkar
lalliman
GrinTwist
Automancer
DemonOfFate
Derpwraith
12 posters

Personaliity of the Chosen Undead

Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Personaliity of the Chosen Undead Empty Personaliity of the Chosen Undead

Post by Derpwraith Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 am

How would you describe the Chosen Undead? Here's what I think:
    Fearless - Think about it, in some boss intros where monstrosities like the centipede demon or manus is standing in front of him/her do you hear him/her scream or look downright petrified, because I dont.

Determined - The Chosen Undead NEVER went hollow, most NPCs are hollowed during very troubling times for them (crestfallen warrior, solaire, etc), which means he/she perseveres always.

Mute(?) - The Chosen Undead never speaks but makes certain noise (him/her and Anastacia share the same burden perhaps?), like Link from The Legend of Zelda!

k wat do yall think?
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Personaliity of the Chosen Undead Empty Re: Personaliity of the Chosen Undead

Post by DemonOfFate Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:18 am

I always pictured the Chosen Undead as the following.

Fearless ~ As you pointed out, he never really freaks out.

Lonely ~ Think about it, i pictured him at a young age, maybe 15-16 being thrown into the Undead Asylum, and then a couple years later, he is freed and he wants to destroy the very people who haunted his dreams (Hollows they are all over the Undead Asylum and lets be honest, they just look creepy)

Intelligent ~ Okay lets think about it, every turn of this game you need to be a thinker to win. You can't just walk up to Smough and start mashing R1. It doesn't work.

Determined ~ You took the words right out of my mouth

Forgiving ~ Okay, so how many of us really killed patches when he kicked us in the hole? i think the CU would realize that Trusty Patches is just trying to survive in the god forsaken world.

Alright, i can't really think of much else.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:25 am

The best kinds of character you get to play as are the silent ones. It's always the silent ones.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:27 am

Bored- They were just sitting there in the cell and not going hollow, while every other undead hollowed. When they get out they aren't given direction, so they can just wander about. Why did they kill Nito? They wanted to see what would happen after they killed the first undead.

They know they're being manipulated and they don't care. They just want something to do, like kill Gwyn and stare at Gwynevere's chest.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 am

InfiniteDoomsday wrote:
    Determined - The Chosen Undead NEVER went hollow, most NPCs are hollowed during very troubling times for them (crestfallen warrior, solaire, etc), which means he/she perseveres always.
    This is probably the most important aspect of the chosen undead, the quality that makes him the one to defeat lord Gwyn. If he hollowed after dying, like Oscar, or when they lose their meaning in life, like Reah, he'd obviously never succeed.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Hey, Link could talk! He did so during the cartoon ("ExCUSE me, Princess!") and in one of the games he has a single line of dialogue.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:09 pm

I CAN imagine the Chosen Undead and Solaire laughing like old chums and celebrating their victory against the gargoyles.
    k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Post by k4Anarky Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:26 pm

My personal take on CU's personality is an psychopathic, obnoxious jackass who just reached puberty and think he's hotshit just because he killed the Taurus Demon in one try. Well What is it .

I mean, the guy constantly mocks his enemies, show complete disregard for the lives of his summoned comrades and the people around him.

He goes as far as vandalism: standing on the roof, throwing poop at the good ser Black Knights who were just doing their jobs... frequently commits arsons and destruction of properties.

All that determined BS you guys were talking about... It's really just the blood lust for vengeance and suicidal tendencies.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Uh-original. Dark Souls is a roleplaying game where the developers set almost nothing about your backstory for you. He or she is individually created by the player.
    Regarding the knight that is the commercial character, he seems serious, dedicated and quiet.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Automancer wrote:The best kinds of character you get to play as are the silent ones. It's always the silent ones.

Gordon Freeman seal of aprovval
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm

I kind of picture him like Sirius Black; how long was he in that cell, and he never hollowed? Something had to have kept him going, and since Solaire, Beatrice, and Seigmeyer seem to enjoy his company, he can't be all too serious.
    k4Anarky
    k4Anarky

Post by k4Anarky Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Slarg232 wrote:I kind of picture him like Sirius Black; how long was he in that cell, and he never hollowed? Something had to have kept him going, and since Solaire, Beatrice, and Seigmeyer seem to enjoy his company, he can't be all too serious.
    Maybe because he just have a REALLY big smile *Implies Jubilant Catarina* big grin
    EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EarthScraper Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 pm

But the CU is you and your personality, but it's true, you never see him physically freak out on his/her own...although, he never reacts to anything at all, he does not even look at the guy he is speaking to , he just...stares. He is kind of creepy to be honest.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 pm

You're not really a silent protagonist. It's simply that, as in most RPGs, the Protagonist usually answers in non-vocal answers, as to give you the choice of imagining what his voice sounds like.

I mean, you get to fully customize your Chosen Undead, why not his voice too?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:17 am