Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Johnthethird
BIG TIME MASTER
Animaaal
Tnamaid
Argetlam350
morte
Cronotis
Acarnatia
hageshisa
DE5PA1R
JumpsU3vs1
ChizFreak
Buggy Virus
Slarg232
18 posters

The Elephant in the room; BB Glitching in DkSII

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Elephant in the room; BB Glitching in DkSII - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elephant in the room; BB Glitching in DkSII

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Animaaal wrote:Sorry Watson, thats not what you said. You said transferring gear to a new character. Implying that your new character would also be level 50 and up.

Dude... what? I'm honestly not following. Please go read what I posted again.

What I said makes perfect sense. Earn it or do without. Simple. If someone is really a “vet” then they have zero problems making a new build. Some people can speed run in 2 or 3 hours. If you don’t have that kind of time, then time management should be a priority. If they don’t have that kind of skill, then they should practice more anyway.

But that's a pain in the ***. Generally speaking, pains in the asses should be avoided. And beating the game can be done .5-3 hours, but getting to SL120 with all the proper equipment almost always takes 10+.

You’re also implying that because you don’t gank, you should have the right regardless of what other people do. They will abuse it, and you should humbly sacrifice the convenience for the sake of the game. Saying I don’t care how other people use the glitch is saying that you care about no one but yourself. Is that what you’re saying?

I haven't defended the BB glitch at all. I think the low-level ganking that resulted from the glitch was really bad. It made it really unappetizing to be online human at low level, and discouraged fun 'legit' low-level invasions.

I've just pointed out that there ought to be a way for people who enjoy playing a variety of PvP builds to do so without having to go through the game umpteen times.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The Elephant in the room; BB Glitching in DkSII - Page 2 Empty Re: The Elephant in the room; BB Glitching in DkSII

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:...I haven't defended the BB glitch at all. I think the low-level ganking that resulted from the glitch was really bad. It made it really unappetizing to be online human at low level, and discouraged fun 'legit' low-level invasions.

I've just pointed out that there ought to be a way for people who enjoy playing a variety of PvP builds to do so without having to go through the game umpteen times....

Then I clearly mistook the premise of your arguement. I apologize. Bow

While I do empathize with people saving time in order to experiment, I think the repercussions of the bb glitch far outweight the benefits.

Even if a soul level restriction was applied to gear, it would take away from the co-op aspect, being that you'd have to go through the game again in order to obtain the equipment.

I'm very busy myself (not saying I'm busier than anyone else) and I will always make time to start another build. I have my sl 200 trash build, and can use it to familiarize myself with anything I need to.

I think a respec option would better serve the purpose. It would also force you to run through the game and co-op if you wanted more than one pvp build.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 pm

One potential solution to let people experiment would be to allow you to send items across your characters, but the receiving character could not engage in PVP combat, making it useless for gankers, and only helpful for those who are interested in finding more about the game and its mechanics. Just a thought.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

morte wrote:One potential solution to let people experiment would be to allow you to send items across your characters, but the receiving character could not engage in PVP combat, making it useless for gankers, and only helpful for those who are interested in finding more about the game and its mechanics. Just a thought.

Kind of ruins the point though.

ENB brought up an idea (not sure if it was his) a while back about a covenant dedicated to PvP that would make it easier to make builds. I think it went something like:

1. Unlock access to PvP covenant by completing NG with a character at least SL50. You'd have to reach this requirement for any/every character that wants to join.
    2. Join cov with Character A
    3. Rank up in cov till shared stash is unlocked
    4. Join cov with Characters B, C, etc. who can access shared stash.

With an SL limit (at least 50+) nobody could run around griefing low levels and with an NG requirement you'd still have to invest some time in the game with each character. Just not an egregious amount of time for each different character.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:00 pm

If it or an equivalent did recur, I now have the experience to know that it is better to not use it.

I only PVE and Coop though, so my opinion only half way counts on this.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    You’re also implying that because you don’t gank, you should have the right regardless of what other people do. They will abuse it, and you should humbly sacrifice the convenience for the sake of the game. Saying I don’t care how other people use the glitch is saying that you care about no one but yourself. Is that what you’re saying?
    Some people abuse Alcohol, let's ban it for everyone.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

There are plenty of places like that.

However, I'd say using cheap tactics is more akin to alcohol, while ganking is more similar to ****...hence the term gang bang or "gank" which references theft...which is illegal.

Ridiculous arguement imo.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Glitching is not the equivalent of alcohol, though; it's the equivalent of breaking the law. Glitching is taking advantage of something that is flat-out supposed to not be in the game. That is literally game-breaking.

Last edited by Acarnatia on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 pm

You guys forget that even if there is no BB glitch, there will most likely be some sort of save editor. I hope that from does not ban the save editor, but keeps tabs on it, and monitors who is using it so they can more easily detect those who are just being assholes, and who are creating fun legit builds.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Johnthethird wrote:You guys forget that even if there is no BB glitch, there will most likely be some sort of save editor. I hope that from does not ban the save editor, but keeps tabs on it, and monitors who is using it so they can more easily detect those who are just being assholes, and who are creating fun legit builds.

From allows save editors? That kind of breaks the game doesn't it?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 am

Since they finally figured out how to prevent the BB glitch, I don't think they'll let it be in the next game.

Even if its aim was to be used for research or such then it would still be abused. So no thank you.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Since they finally figured out how to prevent the BB glitch, I don't think they'll let it be in the next game.

Even if its aim was to be used for research or such then it would still be abused. So no thank you.

Well, I could see the creation of, let's say, a character that is unable to enter into PVP where you can manually alter stats, but can't, let's say, fight in the game itself, just in a room that spawns mobs for you. It'd be a neat mechanic to let the players learn, but it would probably go against From's style.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm

I would avoid it
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:17 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:There ought to be a way to easily make PvP builds, for those who enjoy PvPing with multiple builds. But it shouldn't be so easy to gank noobs; you should have to earn that privilege.

Simplest fix for that would be a cap on what level you can invade once your weapon hits a new tier. If your +5 weapon just became +6, then you can't invade anyone under level 20. This would take effect as soon as your first weapon upgrades to that level. First time it hits +11, you can't invade under level 40.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:There ought to be a way to easily make PvP builds, for those who enjoy PvPing with multiple builds. But it shouldn't be so easy to gank noobs; you should have to earn that privilege.

Simplest fix for that would be a cap on what level you can invade once your weapon hits a new tier. If your +5 weapon just became +6, then you can't invade anyone under level 20. This would take effect as soon as your first weapon upgrades to that level. First time it hits +11, you can't invade under level 40.

I'd go for that. Alternatively, raise SL when upgrading weapons or armor. Gives a new meaning to SL1 playthrough.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:26 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:
    As a matter of fact that has been done... within certain areas at certain times.

I have actually never heard of this glitch but it clearly has negatives outweighing the positives. In addition i like collecting rare items all over again for a new save but that's just me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:01 am