Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Dilaudid281
scalpfarmer
Nybbles
Mr. Tart
GrinTwist
IIdoneus
Animaaal
BIG TIME MASTER
FattyOfDoom
Buggy Virus
Glutebrah
steveswede
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
vereornox
dsg78gaming
Sentiel
BeeSeaEss
22 posters

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Poll

New elemental weapon paths

[ 21 ]
    Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap68%Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [68%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 

Total Votes: 31
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Post by Serious_Much Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Dilaudid281 wrote:

"Succubus/Vampire Blade"
    - Each attack steals life, to replenish your own health. Starts off little, but as the meter fills, you steal more.

"Rust Blade"
    - Every attack would cause more and more damage to the enemy's equipment. This would have to cause little physical damage to really balance it.

Those two were actually on demon's souls. The troll spear however was actually a decent weapon to top it off, but really damn annoying.

Sucker stone gave you the sucking life abilities, though I've never thought to make one since it would obviously suck so dunno what it did exactly.
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you like to see new elemental weapon paths?

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Lol I just thought of something sort of cheezey. Imagine the ultimate blacksmith and you get this "diversity" ember of sorts and you have to give it to him. It's meant for high levels, jack of all trades tbh. It turns a max lvl weapon into a "Diverse" weapon which means that it has Pure physical. BUT! If you have a pyro flame, you can use that on the weapon to turn that pure physical to fire dmg, if you have sorcery=magic, talisman=lightning?. Idk I just thought of this off the top of my head, but it sounds interesting.
    Ik, it's kinda lame silly
    Dilaudid281
    Dilaudid281

Post by Dilaudid281 Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    Dilaudid281 wrote:

"Succubus/Vampire Blade"
    - Each attack steals life, to replenish your own health. Starts off little, but as the meter fills, you steal more.

"Rust Blade"
    - Every attack would cause more and more damage to the enemy's equipment. This would have to cause little physical damage to really balance it.

Those two were actually on demon's souls. The troll spear however was actually a decent weapon to top it off, but really damn annoying.

Sucker stone gave you the sucking life abilities, though I've never thought to make one since it would obviously suck so dunno what it did exactly.

I did get into Demon's Souls for a little while...but I generally stuck to the 360 through this generation...so I never did get the chance to give it a fair shot. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game for what it was, which is why I got into Dark Souls, but there was just something about the PS3. It was weird...I was always a big Playstation fan until the PS3. I always end up getting all consoles...but I do lean towards a favorite. NES, Super NES, Playstation, Playstation 2, and then 360. PS4 is sounding amazing though...I'm hoping to return to my "roots" with the upcoming generation lol. It was amazing how much time I spent on my PS2.

But yeah, I probably will go back at some point to run through Demon's Souls. I still own it, I refuse to let games that are that good go.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 am

Give it a shot, it's a much more self- directed PvE experience compared to Dark Souls, though you get to a certain point where you'll have good enough weapons to run through any level, and it gets sorta dull for an experienced souls player
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:14 pm

I want them to rework the divine/occult paths so that neither one scales with faith. They'd be like an elemental weapon except

Divine = Significantly weaker against live creatures but significantly stronger against Phantoms and undead.

Occult = Signficantly weaker against phantoms and undead but stronger against live creatures
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Original Post: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t18346-would-you-like-new-upgrade-paths-besides-equivalents-to-the-already-existing#365742

Given that DkS II will be related to Water...

I say, a Ice/Water Path (I always considered the Magic Weapon to be those - Blue Icon and Crystals).

Since we are probably getting a weather system: When it is raining or snowing the Ice/Water (kinda like Enchanted / Magic -> You can upgrade a +10 Water Weapon into a +1 Ice Weapon) weapons will do more damage.
    When it is not; they are crap, unless you are in some special locations.

Water will be purely a high dps choice, while the Ice actually adds a very slight slowness to Stamina Recovery.
    DemonDrink
    DemonDrink

Post by DemonDrink Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 am

BeeSeaEss wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:It may sound silly, but I'd like to see ice.
    Not only as weapon paths, but as magic as well tongue

Yea, and it could have an encumbering effect on your opponent once you fill up the "freeze" bar.
    If frozen:
    Light roll becomes med roll
    med roll becomes fat roll
    Fat roll becomes over encumbered.

What I want mostly is status effecting elements. tongue

I would love to see a crippling system to counter the bleed weapons, that would lower stats rather than just gouge your health. But they aren't gonna take risks like that with the fan base already so skeptical.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:11 am

Soul upgrading path.
    -You can use large amounts of souls and maybe other expensive stuff to bind a weapon to you. Infinite durability, less weight and affected by the buffs to yourself. Also, it can only be equiped near a bonfire and cannot be switched from its slot.
    Do you imagine a IRON SKIN buffed longsword? Awesome. A fog sword that is invisible and does "phantom dmg" so your enemies dont see the health bar going down? This could be so much fun...

Wind upgrading path.
    -New titatine, slabs and stuff to upgrade your weapons in this cool way. You could only be able to upgrade weapons that "cut" air, so no clubs and very heavy weaponry allowed. It could be just like elemental scaling but with a knockback effect and maybe being able to unleash an air cut like the golem's axe.
    Srsly. Wind magic. My favorite magic, always misunderstood as lightning magic. I want this to be in the souls saga, is so well adaptable and so cool... Plus, KNOCKBACK! Yes! And that air slash... fun.

Chameleon upgrading path.
    -Only a +1 path, adding a variable stat to your weapon. This stat is based on your conecction to the weapon in this way: If you are using a +1 chameleon smough hammer but you look like a giantdad, you will not receive any bonus dmg. If you are going full smough and you have a lot of STR and large body type, you will receive a great bonus to dmg, durability and other stuff. Because cosplay is cool. Also, speacial moveset if needed (im looking at you, sniper crossbrow + chester)
    This. Because of reasons. Now.

Ashborn upgrading path.
    -When the fire will fade, you will be there. Born from ashes, our destiny is to set the world on fire. This path will give your weapon a "learning" stat. The more parries you archieve with different enemies, the faster you will parry (with an ashborn shield) Or more dmg in plunge attacks if you are into it...
    It could be cool if restricted to PVE.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:53 pm