Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TonyDamajer
Doelker
lextune
RANT
Yarxov
Whknight
User
Carphil
GamerGirl-619
14 posters

I want to make a good useful chaos weapon

Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

I want to make a good useful chaos weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to make a good useful chaos weapon

Post by Hylian Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:55 am

Keep in mind that chaos weapons performance depends on how many humanities you have. With 10 humanities your weapon will be at full power
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I want to make a good useful chaos weapon - Page 2 Empty Re: I want to make a good useful chaos weapon

Post by PPG-3- Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm

I've made tons of chaos weapons. Claws, notched whip, ricards rapier, balder side sword, claymore, demon great machete, etc... From that experience the gargoyles halbred has been the most impressive and I definitely recommend it.
    GamerGirl-619
    GamerGirl-619
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GamerGirl-619 Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Yes, I already have the Chaos Ember and the Orange Charred Ring, right now I'm at the Duke's Archives tons of enemies, I even saw seath the scaleless but I was trapped after he killed me, I got out tho, just going to continue and then do the Catacombs since the bondfire there seem that don't warp ability.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Choosing a weapon is easier if you look at ones in your inventory that don't scale well to your stats. For instance, if you are a Cleric, with a lot of your points going into Faith, but really like the moveset on a katana that scales more with Dexterity, that would be a good choice. Since you'll never get the benefit of stat scaling anyway, you might as well change it to Chaos and pump the damage that way.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Thats what I did with my str build, made a chaos uchigatana
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:49 pm

If you are exclusively going elemental then you wont benefit from stat scaling so its better to find weapons with very low req. thus Pike is somewhat not suitable unless you are building a strength based character in general.

Winged spear is slightly better (same damage as Pike (488) but more efficient stamina wise and lesser range).

Other option is Spear and Partizan (same damage (454), same range), there I would suggest Partizan due to its R2 attack.

From looks however Winged is much nicer...

A note on spears though, when you get access to Demons Spear youll most likely switch to that anyway (2 damage less than Pike/Winged) but lot less req.

PS: The numbers here are fully upgraded weapons...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:22 am