Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
densetsushun
FattyOfDoom
Jester's Tears
twilightwarwolf
Seth Winternight
Maneater_Mildred
Carphil
nsane32
RANT
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
User1
sure-magicians
NPCWhiteMage
Animaaal
skarekrow13
hageshisa
Serious_Much
21 posters

EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels)

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels) Empty EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels)

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:42 am

This will be the official thread of the Easter Pranking event for the Karmatic Gremlin Gang. Unite and show the world how we definitely DO mess about.

Remember everyone, the most important thing is GET CREATIVE. The more funny and innovative the pranks, the better the reception you'll get. You got a month, get planning winking

skarekrow13 wrote:So look at the event guidelines above then the expectations are simply:
    1. Invade someone
    2. Prank them
    3. Come back here and share the story: write it out, pictures, video, however you want to share your stories.

Location: Saturday- Tomb of the giants (insert tenuous easter story link here) Sunday- The Forest. Easter Egg (dung pie) hunts are advised.

Time: Easter weekend, 30th-31st March

Recommended SL: Anywhere between 55-80 will get the most action, but ALL SLs are welcome, we only require you to bring laughs.

Costume: Get creative! Recommended armour pieces are Silver knight helm for bunny ears and Skull laterns, as we all know fire is a symbol of easter... Right?

The chest pieces catarina and smough are advised so you get cute little bunny arms <3

Bright armour is also advised, as white rabbits are cool, and us gremlins like armour that complements our lovely while hair lol!

Participants:

Gremlins:
    Skarekrow13- The Gremking
    Serious_Much- Event GremSay
    Animaaal
    NPCwhitemage
    RenegadeCop
    Whatdoesthependantdo
    nsane32
    Carphil
    ManeaterMildred
    seth winternight
    twilightwarwolf
    Krazykev

GremLites:
    sure-magicians
    RantfromRant
    Densetsu
    Baal Avatar
    ResIsBestStat (what a name)

A few Suggested Pranks
    Tomb:
    -If possible, gravelording for BP skelly dogs is encouraged, filling your world with dung, goodies and traps is then protocol
    - Get the host to kill Reah! When idiocy is at it's finest, people will attack the most defenceless of foes. Human Shields at the ready!
    - Prism misdirection! Use prism stones to 'help' hosts to their swift deaths, I want videos for this one twisted

Forest:
    - Easter Egg hunts! Dung pies and traps for people we don't like, and for those with Gremlinesque fashion/compliance, gifting of prism stones and/or other gifts if you have abundance.
    - Rotten Egg bombs! For maximum prank effect, acid surge to break equipment is advised, though toxic mist is also a good option.
    - Easter Bunny roleplay! dress up and hop around with your titanite catch pole, simulate the easter bunny- can be done in combo with egg hunt

General:
    - Gifting! For those with a Gremlin-esque fashion sense, gifting could be a kind hearted option
    - The classic 'greatbow assasination'
    - Classic plunging attack surprise
    - Carving Madness! blend in and use the carvings to distract/confuse host, works well in combo with chameleon (Use of aural decoy is also good here)

Our Mission
    You prank, we prank. Stories will be shared, all gremlins who participate are competing for the ultimate honours the GremKing can bestow, and the combolations of your fellow gremlin brethren.

We shall prank the world, fill it with balancing laughter and embarrassment. The Gremlin hoard will satisfy Velka's need, and karmatic justice SHALL BE DEALT.

For clarity, I will include what skare described- the in game part of the pranks need no input from others (though if you want to have collaboration, go for it), you simply invade (or host, whatever you wish), prank and afterwards share the story with the rest of the gang, be it by word of mouth, pictures or even video. Our only aim is to have a good time and screw with people's heads lol!

P.S. Maximum possible intoxication is encouraged, and drunken stories and/or commentaries welcomed.

Any who wish to join, be the gremlin or wishing to join as a temporary member- Gremlite (visit gremlin gang main page for details), please post below stating your participation type and I shall add your name to the OP.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 31 times in total
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels) Empty Re: EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels)

Post by hageshisa Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:25 am

Any dates?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels) Empty Re: EVENT: Gremlin Debut- Easter holiday pranking (sponsored by Jack daniels)

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 am

Updated with exact dates. These may change to simply saturday and sunday depending on expressed interest.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:37 am

Of course I'm in.

I'll try to keep the cov page updated as you develop this Serious. Great start GremSay!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks skare, I'll be discussing/asking for ideas on the costume, and I think perhaps having different areas of invasion each day would be fun, with the final day being an obligatory gremlin 'egg' (or dung pie as some call it) hunt hosting or invasions in the forest for easter sunday
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 am

Can't wait to hear your ideas. I'll refrain from suggestions for now since I want this to be your event, GremSay. My ideas would surely derive from last year's Easter Event (non-Gremlin sanctioned)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Updated with the details of what is intended to be the final details of the event. Have a read and sign on up guys!

ALL PLAYERS WELCOME, become out gremlites, it's fun i promise twisted
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:10 pm

I should be back on by then. I'd love to join! cheers
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:34 pm

So if any corporate lawyer types start asking about this sponsorship deal, everyone remember to say that it's some guy NAMED Jack Daniels that's sponsoring the event.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:53 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:So if any corporate lawyer types start asking about this sponsorship deal, everyone remember to say that it's some guy NAMED Jack Daniels that's sponsoring the event.
    Oh Jack? Yeah, I know Jack...he's a good guy...ran over my son's foot one with a 4-wheeler one year....but I mean, mistakes happen right? Anyway, yeah, he's a friend of mine who is sponsoring this little event of ours.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't know Jack, Jack.

But if he's the one bringing the liquor, he's cool with me.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:So if any corporate lawyer types start asking about this sponsorship deal, everyone remember to say that it's some guy NAMED Jack Daniels that's sponsoring the event.
    Oh Jack? Yeah, I know Jack...he's a good guy...ran over my son's foot one with a 4-wheeler one year....but I mean, mistakes happen right? Anyway, yeah, he's a friend of mine who is sponsoring this little event of ours.

Oi white, you in?
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Maximum possible intoxication, this is quite an unique and enticing statement...

What time zone are we talking about here?
    I will be another all nighter probably for me, I should know better but somehow I can't resist, I would like to join in.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 pm

The timezone is irrelevant, really. You get on, you prank much as you can, if others are on, nice, if they are not it simply doesn't matter.

You can still prank on your own twisted

I'll add you, the first of the GremLites!
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:12 pm

I'll clarify the covenant concept for those of you just tuning in or who are on the fence on joining in. The pranks and in game part of the event only requires that you can invade other players in some manner and prank them. Serious, as GremSay, is organizing the event and will have approved pranks and games and the like to play. Now, here's the best part, NONE of this requires that Gremlins or GremLites interact with one another.

So look at the event guidelines above then the expectations are simply:
    1. Invade someone
    2. Prank them
    3. Come back here and share the story: write it out, pictures, video, however you want to share your stories.

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

helpful stuff, skare. thats going straight in the OP
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:

Oi white, you in?

Count me in indeed. Though since I don't have a truly reliable Cap Card setup at home, my pranking will be recounted in dramatic prose. big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    NPCWhiteMage wrote:

Oi white, you in?

Count me in indeed. Though since I don't have a truly reliable Cap Card setup at home, my pranking will be recounted in dramatic prose. big grin

youre in.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:03 pm

All my videos were done holding the controller and my phone at the same time. Basically, I've made the Blair Witch Project videos of Dark Souls.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:05 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:All my videos were done holding the controller and my phone at the same time. Basically, I've made the Blair Witch Project videos of Dark Souls.
    Lol. I'm not that skilled, but I do have a capture card, I just need to get her set up again. Besides, a friend and I are talking about starting a Dark Souls channel on YouTube for How To videos, Invasions, Trollins, and what have you.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

That would be cool. So if you want to try the phone technique, make sure you have a touch screen. What I ended up doing was holding the phone with the edges of my palms, pretty close to my wrist and elevating to get the TV in focus. Then I had to hit "record" with my nose. It ain't pretty but it worked.
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:11 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:That would be cool. So if you want to try the phone technique, make sure you have a touch screen. What I ended up doing was holding the phone with the edges of my palms, pretty close to my wrist and elevating to get the TV in focus. Then I had to hit "record" with my nose. It ain't pretty but it worked.
    Record yourself doing that, and you will be a god among men. lol
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:39 pm

I need to do this. Sounds like fun.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:42 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I need to do this. Sounds like fun.

Then you are anointed, Gremlite Cop.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Cop has decided to be initiated and become a full gremlin (painless, honestly)

appropriate edits to OP made.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:10 am