Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+59
skarekrow13
GrinTwist
OmarTheFuzzy
Latitoast
Odinbear
Werdax
Satoshi
Serious_Much
Gollumseverywhere
Ichikuro
ResIsBestStat
Tanklord
TheDarkPygmy
mugenis4real
Cynic
fujiphoenix
Halicarnassis
Zephryl
ladycakes31
KingSeekerCow
GenericUsername
Ezlare
WandererReece
Muker
EarthScraper
BagerX2
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
MosquitoPower
BIG TIME MASTER
blitzkrieg01282
WaffleGuy
The Letter X
ullr112
JoeBroski09
User1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
quench
EeAyEss
moomootv
MistahrFox
Doelker
Sentiel
Hue
reim0027
lextune
Emergence
Reaperfan
Animaaal
Soris Ice Goldwing
Tchuwib
NPCWhiteMage
Maneater_Mildred
morte
Rynn
AnCapaillMor
Acarnatia
densetsushun
excessivegamer
63 posters

You may have played darksouls for too long when...

excessivegamer
    excessivegamer

You may have played darksouls for too long when... Empty You may have played darksouls for too long when...

Post by excessivegamer Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 pm

1. At your morning meal you feel more comfortable drinking your choice of liquid from a flask rather than a cup.

2. When leaving for work you feel it would be more prudent to warp there rather than drive your car.

3. After exiting your home you test the weight of what your wearing that day by rolling on your front lawn.

4. While driving to work you constantly are on the look out for a shortcut to open up for the drive back home after work.

5. After arriving at work and settling in you question one of your fellow employees on the tactical advantages against your boss.

6. At lunch time while everyone eats you spend time exploring your office or workspace searching for treasure chests.

7. As the day comes to end and its time to leave you feel an overwhelming urge to not go tell you have defeated your boss.

8. On the drive home you pass a men at work sign where several men are performing maintenance on a building. One man happens to be standing on a latter. You immediately stop your vehicle run out and kick the latter knocking the man to the ground.

9. You finally reach home after your long day. As you prepare your evening meal you feel more comfortable sitting and cooking around a bonfire rather than your stove or microwave.

10. And finally as its time to sleep you feel you can have no rest because your quest is not over.

Feel free to add more! big grin Love to hear others humor.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

You may have played darksouls for too long when... Empty Re: You may have played darksouls for too long when...

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 pm

When you try to 2H R2 slam your meat with your butcher knife while preparing your evening meal.

When you get friction burn trying to slide down a ladder.

When you're getting mug and try to parry the mugger's knife.
    When you're getting mugged with a gun and you consider your invisibility frames when roll dodging the bullets.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

You may have played darksouls for too long when... Empty Re: You may have played darksouls for too long when...

Post by Acarnatia Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:59 pm

All except 3 and 8 sound like the behavior of either employees of a generic America business or the TV-show employee of a generic American business character.

11: You think that kissing someone will let you drain the life out of them
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 pm

You see a Co worker drinking orange juice your immediate reaction is to run around behind him and hit him with a stapler.

You see 2 joggers running toward you 1 is wearing an orange Tracksuit you immediately turn and run looking for the nearest tree.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 pm

How about a real one?
    Last night my dad poked me in the back and I -seriously- turned around, parried his hand, and punched him in the gut twice to riposte him.

I had a hell of a time explaining how that was a reflex.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Rynn wrote:How about a real one?
    Last night my dad poked me in the back and I -seriously- turned around, parried his hand, and punched him in the gut twice to riposte him.

Bet it was the follow up well what is it that really pissed him off.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Rynn wrote:How about a real one?

I had a rather similar reflex. Somebody tried to do the "penny in the ear" trick from behind me, and the instant he touched my ear, I grabbed his hand, twisted around and, if I hadn't recognized him from his voice, would have punched him before noticing. His reaction: "What the hell?! You're like goddamn wolverine."

Best complement I ever had.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 pm

I still praise the sun cheers when I greet my friends.... They still think I'm nuts(& they are right)
    NPCWhiteMage
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by NPCWhiteMage Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 pm

You know you play Dark Souls too much when you look at a boulder and think "Yeah...I could carve that into armor."

When you feel a sense of accomplishment when you hear a bell ring.

When you sit with your back to a wall so you don't get BS'd
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:27 pm

NPCWhiteMage wrote:
    When you sit with your back to a wall so you don't get BS'd
    I've ALWAYS done this, even before dark souls.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

excessivegamer wrote:

6. At lunch time while everyone eats you spend time exploring your office or workspace searching for treasure chests.

6. a) You use an orange marker infront of the floor of the cubicle of a busty co-worker "Amazing chest ahead"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:50 pm

When your substitute teacher keeps doing You may have played darksouls for too long when... 3596227959 during class and you find yourself getting tick and a need to You may have played darksouls for too long when... 2707236321.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:50 pm

You may have been playing DkS too long if...

...You start flinging :dung: at people and the only question in your head is, "Why am I not getting Toxic?" :suspect:
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Tchuwib wrote:
    excessivegamer wrote:

6. a) You use an orange marker infront of the floor of the cubicle of a busty co-worker "Amazing chest ahead"

Followed by a hr rep invading your cubicle with the book of the guilty\ethics.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Meh...you know when you've played Dark Souls too long? When you get bored with it. With all this going on, I'd say Dark Souls is still a pretty big part of the hypothetical person's life winking
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Reaperfan wrote:Meh...you know when you've played Dark Souls too long? When you get bored with it. With all this going on, I'd say Dark Souls is still a pretty big part of the hypothetical person's life winking

When you get bored, you do an RP run or a challenge run and the fun is back.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:17 pm

morte wrote:
    Reaperfan wrote:Meh...you know when you've played Dark Souls too long? When you get bored with it. With all this going on, I'd say Dark Souls is still a pretty big part of the hypothetical person's life winking

When you get bored, you do an RP run or a challenge run and the fun is back.

That just means you haven't exhausted all your time with Dark Souls. The only way to have been with something for "too long" is when the sheer amount of time you've spent with it means it has nothing left to contribute to you. I've personally been through the "bored, take a break, get brought back by weird runs" phase. Twice. About to come back for the upcoming Blighttown Pit FC event, so I guess technically 3 times. What's important is that Dark Souls is still contributing entertainment to my life, even with occasional breaks. The only time I'll consider myself having been with it for "too long" is when it stops bringing me any joy happy

Man...you made me get all serious in this thread. Now I feel lame lol!
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 pm

When you start having to jot down Wiki/Forum related stuff into your daily planner...
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:21 pm

excessivegamer wrote:you test the weight of what your wearing that day by rolling on your front lawn.
    I lol'ed. silly
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:01 am

When you start to interpret real world abbreviations in DkS terminology.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:51 am

When you hear heavy breathing and think artorias is around
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:29 am

When you're scared to go to a forest because you know there will be gankers.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 am

When you're actually working on uploading a video for Dark Souls.

When in one week you alot 98 hours of streamed video.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 am

Whne you can't stop thinking about your next build. And, when real life events gives you ideas.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 am

You know you have played to much Dark Souls when...

You call Lordran your home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:13 am