Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Serious_Much
fujiphoenix
Virulas
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
KrazykevS10
10 posters

Star Wars Fanboy Argument Thread

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Star Wars Fanboy Argument Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Fanboy Argument Thread

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 am

Well that just sucks.I might be getting a gaming PC soon(If I can bring myself to spend 1600 on it),is The Old Republic worth playing? At least compared to WoW.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Star Wars Fanboy Argument Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars Fanboy Argument Thread

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:26 am

WoW has a lot more content and is a lot more polished, the game has been out so long its just unrealistic to try and compare with it.

Plus some minor things might piss you off, such as how ridiculous the morality system is.

"Well let's see, I can either give up my money to this person and buy them food to get what I want, or I can grab their child and put a blaster to their head and threaten to kill a child if they don't give me what I want."

Or the ones that don't make sense, such as the Dark Side points given during certain Jedi Quests. They give you Dark Side points for going against the ideas of the order, note, not for actual dark actions. The light side option isn't the option that does the most good, it's the option that goes along with the Jedi Tenets which is utter ********.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:32 am

I'll put it this way.
    Is the game fun to play and remotely deep or does it feel unbalanced or unfinished?
    Is the community totally **** with chat spammers selling in game credits for real money?
    Does being a free to play member put you at any disadvantage in PVP or PVE?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:36 am

It doesn't feel great, but it will feel better than SWG on the actual gameplay level. If you've played a lot of MMO's, you may get burned out. The main quests have an actual story which you impact, so it has better writing than Mass Effect, though it can be very melodramatic and ridiculous.
    Back when I played the chat was ridiculous, people would spam spoilers and be total jackasses to others and go "Hey we're the empire, we're supposed to go evil." I hope that as time went on the core players weeded those idiots out.

As for Balance, I'm unsure because of the amount of patching done since I played it long ago. One thing I will say is don't make alts, there are a lot of quests that are faction wide, so if you make three republic characters, you'd be repeating a ton of quests. I'd suggest just making one Imperial and one Republic.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:41 am

I might not bother then.At the risk of derailing my own thread,one MMO I liked is Fallen Earth.My PC ran it like crap so I didn't get too far but it's like a free to play version of Fallout in MMO form.I was also trying to play APB:Reloaded but I had like 4 frames per second on it.
    Looking foreward to a new computer so I can actually try PC gaming,consoles are good for shooters but not when you want deeper games.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:50 am

If you can find it, Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast is an excellent game for the PC.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:57 am

I have Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy for Xbox.Is Outcast that much better?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 am

They're very similar, Jedi Academy I feel suffers from that issue of adding more variety but losing the focus.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 am

It isn't the best game but it did one think that made me love it.Actual lightsaber combat.All the other games didn't really have that.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 am

Jedi Knight 2 does. silly
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:26 am

Because it's the sequel.KoTOR was great and all but the combat was bland.The only other games were RTS's,MMO's,shooters or fighting games.I wanted something else,something fast paced.It was the only thing to come close.And now Disney shuts down LucasArts.
    I really hope that was just because they haven't done much lately and Disney wants to do external development on new games.Battlefront 3 would bring in so,so much money.It may actually beat CoD in sales.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:33 am

It was because Lucasarts wasn't doing anything, business wise it was dead weight to them. I'm sad to see people losing their jobs, but really Lucas Arts only had things like TFU, what was their last good game. Republic Commando?

Also Jedi Knight Jedi Academy is actually the sequel to Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Knight_(series)#Games
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:39 am

Didn't know it was the sequel,thought academy came first.
    I'd love a Republic Commando sequel.I hope we can actually get new Star Wars games now.As I said,I want Battlefront 3.It needs the optional 1st person from one,including vehicle interiors,the heroes as playable characters like in two and possibly the promised land to space battles they were going to have.
    I'd like to see DICE making it,they are good at putting both infantry and vehicle roles that stand out in their games.Not to mention the awesome graphics.I'd love to do the battle of Hoth in 1080p. /drools
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 am

Or even if they can't do that, an HD re-release for current consoles and PC of Battlefront 1 and 2, as maybe an HD Collection with online multiplayer.

I'm pretty sure many nerds would jizz that day from such an announcement.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 am

I'm not a nerd and I would.I grew up playing Star Wars games because my brother loved it.Battlefront was one of my favourite games for a long time,I was so sad the day my copy broke.I think the first Star Wars game I played was The Phantom Menace game.It wasn't as bad as people thought the movie was.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:43 pm

I thought Jedi had such good reflexes and acrobatics because they let the force guide their movements. I didn't realize they could see the future O.O
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:
    Greedo shot first,COME AT ME BRO.

Actually, lucas intended initially to have Han shoot first, but the film company made him put in greedo drawing first so Han looked like less of a cold blooded killer...

I think would have been better with han just killing him.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:48 pm

And I still play Battlefront 2 all the time. Me and my brother are currently in a galactic conquest deadlock. Damn you Skywalker and your superior force powers! The Emperor doesn't stand a chance on Coruscant sad
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    KrazykevS10 wrote:
    Greedo shot first,COME AT ME BRO.

Actually, lucas intended initially to have Han shoot first, but the film company made him put in greedo drawing first so Han looked like less of a cold blooded killer...

I think would have been better with han just killing him.

Han shot first in the original, then Lucas being Lucas "fixed" it in the next version for the reason you stated. I'm so glad he doesn't own Star Wars anymore. Hopefully he will loose Indiana Jones next. F*ck the Crystal Skull and its outer dimensional aliens :evil:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Serious I really hope you are messing with us, in the original copy Han did indeed shoot first. Greedo didn't fire at all, Han shot him under the table since he wasn't a complete idiot and realized kill or be killed definitely applied to the situation.

It wasn't initially intended, in the original release Han shot Greedo then left.

He changed it himself later because he said he felt it made Han seem less heroic, at that point he had total control and no one could have told him to make that change.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:47 pm

I'd also like to recommend this- I think they totally delivered what this outlined

http://whatculture.com/film/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-8-reasons-it-will-be-the-best-yet.php#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-8-reasons-it-will-be-the-best-yet
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Oh god, when they say hindsight's a ***** they never really take into account just how bad it can be.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah read that article when it came out the other day.. It was amazing I have to say- so damn funny now that we know what it's like silly

Though I thought Neeson and Mcgregor were actually not one of the reasons it was bad, they're both very solid actors in my opinion.. But the other points were brilliant- CGI characters, LOL
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:10 pm

I didn't like their characters, but the issue wasn't exactly them as actors. Working with greenscreen is really difficult, and I can't remember if Lucas directed that one himself. But in regards to old man Lucas, he is one of the worst directors I've ever seen.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:17 pm

I love how he's directed all of 5 films in his life, lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:48 am