Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+72
Longshot
morte
Frank_White
densetsushun
zelda75
vegan666
WyrmHero
Jansports
Dibsville
PhlyingDutchman
hey its andres
Slarg232
Seignar
KrazykevS10
sinspaw
Mourning Sun
FinPeku
sfcc
bosslugger
Wisp
crbngville2
Argetlam350
Rynn
Thedeadships
XuitusTheGreat
passivefamiliar
ak1287
TeeNyan
Emergence
Thymos
Uparkaam
MistahrFox
Phoenix Rising
SATLOS
Rayko
galson
JamieJae
Dubscythe
ninjashifty
Anonymous Proxy
NDenizen
ResIsBestStat
GenericUsername
vixder/pennywise
Soris Ice Goldwing
exod FEAR
Kiva the wanderer
BeeSeaEss
Dogwelder
ThatPerson
HazelrahFiver
carlucio
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
ChizFreak
Flankydizzle
Infighter
FungalPsychosis
skarekrow13
Ashran
DemonOfFate
Juutas
EverlastingRat
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
ublug
Johnthethird
Djem
Sargerus
User1
Dessembrae
76 posters

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 12 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by Longshot Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 am

A little on the side note, the translator does a really good job.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 12 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by Djem Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am

I love how the director said "Darku Souru", is that really the translation of Dark Souls in japanese? If it is it's interesting how the two languages are similar.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 am

No. A literal translation would be something like "Yami no Tamashii" or the like.

He's just saying "Dark Souls" the way it would be pronounced in Japanese phonetics.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 am

Longshot wrote:A little on the side note, the translator does a really good job.

He did a masterful job, he was so quick and fluid. I can't speak to the accuracies of his translations since I don't speak Japanese but I imagine he was on the money. silly
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Longshot wrote:A little on the side note, the translator does a really good job.

He did a masterful job, he was so quick and fluid. I can't speak to the accuracies of his translations since I don't speak Japanese but I imagine he was on the money. silly
    I'm sure it was rehearsed to a point, but his choice of words while translating really show that he is involved in the process and the genre in both languages.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 am

morte wrote:
    EverlastingRat wrote:did anyone noticed that the first enemy they fought had a similar helm/mask as Paladin Leeroy, and he had what looked like a sun emblem on the chest piece. Maybe way of the white members? :shock: hahaha

The way of white did "create" an undead, so perhaps this takes place in one of their old experiment buildings?

Awwh Shhht! I'm already trying to get a move on the lore hahahaha
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:58 am

EverlastingRat wrote:
    morte wrote:
    EverlastingRat wrote:did anyone noticed that the first enemy they fought had a similar helm/mask as Paladin Leeroy, and he had what looked like a sun emblem on the chest piece. Maybe way of the white members? :shock: hahaha

The way of white did "create" an undead, so perhaps this takes place in one of their old experiment buildings?

Awwh Shhht! I'm already trying to get a move on the lore hahahaha

I've been trying to get a move on the lore since I found the trailers. Now that we have gameplay and PC interactions, it won't be hard.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 pm

morte wrote:Here's one thing that concerns me: cutscene deaths like the ones with seathe in DkS I. The bridge looked like a cutscene as did the silver chariot (there was a clear and open window to dodge left, and dodging into something or to the side is always preferable to running from a horse-drawn chariot, which makes me think it might be a cutscene death.....I despise cutscene deaths unless they are for lore reasons and getting items or doing things in the area will alleviate them)
    I think the intention of the Silver Chariot was supposed to be some kind of unavoidable punishment for sinners. I can't say if that's a good or bad thing though.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    morte wrote:Here's one thing that concerns me: cutscene deaths like the ones with seathe in DkS I. The bridge looked like a cutscene as did the silver chariot (there was a clear and open window to dodge left, and dodging into something or to the side is always preferable to running from a horse-drawn chariot, which makes me think it might be a cutscene death.....I despise cutscene deaths unless they are for lore reasons and getting items or doing things in the area will alleviate them)
    I think the intention of the Silver Chariot was supposed to be some kind of unavoidable punishment for sinners. I can't say if that's a good or bad thing though.

Idk I'm pretty sure it could be avoided if the player ran to the left, there was an opening. It'll probably be a hard-to-avoid enemy that will make the game a bit harder (or not) To sinners but not exactly unavoidable.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm

It could be avoidable, that definitely seems more like the From thing to do(put you through great adversity but allow you to escape it if you're skillful). Everyone knows how annoyed the fans were with the first Seathe encounter.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Bummer....the Game Trailerss news was just the new trailer everyone has already seen : P
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Well we beat them to it lol
    zelda75
    zelda75

Post by zelda75 Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm

Hmmm, i've watched the thing again and... i think i was two harsh too. Maybe, maybe they didn't screw up. Maybe it still could even be the game of the century. Sorry for this morning reaction.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:46 pm

It's all good man. Opinions are opinions. It doesn't do any good if everyone just accepts the changes as good without some critical views calling for further inspection.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:06 pm

I think I am going ot have to watch it again.. for the um-teenth time happy
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Ok just so I can get an idea of the playerbase here. When they showed you the flaming lizards(salamanders) who all noticed all the items down there and just mentally went "*** me...". At the same time who here is crazy enough to attempt a plunging attack on one of them for the items?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Jumping off of there would be flat out retarded.

The Lizards would never see it coming.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:45 pm

All I'm going to say is that I'm loving what I'm seeing.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 pm

I didn't see the items, but I looked at both my room mates and said "I wonder what's down there, because that looks deliciously dangerous..." and they both looked at me like I was half nuts lol
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 pm

I want to know what's in the room behind the troll that breaks down the door.

Why was he just peeping through those bars?

What's he doing in there?

What does the pendant do?

morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 pm

MrDynogames wrote:Ok just so I can get an idea of the playerbase here. When they showed you the flaming lizards(salamanders) who all noticed all the items down there and just mentally went "*** me...". At the same time who here is crazy enough to attempt a plunging attack on one of them for the items?

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 12 Obama-hand-5_2457923k
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Obama would call in Seal Team 6 (Solaire and Lautrec) to get the items for him.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Slarg232 wrote:I didn't see the items, but I looked at both my room mates and said "I wonder what's down there, because that looks deliciously dangerous..." and they both looked at me like I was half nuts lol

Only half nuts? Well What is it Step it up!
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:01 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Obama would call in Seal Team 6 (Solaire and Lautrec) to get the items for him.

Maybe, but it was meant to be me raising my hand to say I would and all the others I found were boring by comparison.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:03 pm

morte wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:I didn't see the items, but I looked at both my room mates and said "I wonder what's down there, because that looks deliciously dangerous..." and they both looked at me like I was half nuts lol

Only half nuts? 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 12 3596227959 Step it up!

I know, I know, I'm slacking, aren't I sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 am