Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+72
Longshot
morte
Frank_White
densetsushun
zelda75
vegan666
WyrmHero
Jansports
Dibsville
PhlyingDutchman
hey its andres
Slarg232
Seignar
KrazykevS10
sinspaw
Mourning Sun
FinPeku
sfcc
bosslugger
Wisp
crbngville2
Argetlam350
Rynn
Thedeadships
XuitusTheGreat
passivefamiliar
ak1287
TeeNyan
Emergence
Thymos
Uparkaam
MistahrFox
Phoenix Rising
SATLOS
Rayko
galson
JamieJae
Dubscythe
ninjashifty
Anonymous Proxy
NDenizen
ResIsBestStat
GenericUsername
vixder/pennywise
Soris Ice Goldwing
exod FEAR
Kiva the wanderer
BeeSeaEss
Dogwelder
ThatPerson
HazelrahFiver
carlucio
Tolvo
FruitPunchNinja
ChizFreak
Flankydizzle
Infighter
FungalPsychosis
skarekrow13
Ashran
DemonOfFate
Juutas
EverlastingRat
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DE5PA1R
Myztyrio
ublug
Johnthethird
Djem
Sargerus
User1
Dessembrae
76 posters

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 13 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by Frank_White Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:07 pm

morte wrote:I've been thinking about the time when this is set and I keep coming back to the idea of the prequel or a parallel timeline to DkS I based on this game-play trailer and the interview. The boars that attacked you had the same moveset as armored boars in DkS I, but they didn't have the armor, which means they may have been the "beta version" so to speak. The stones of healing may have been prototypes of the crystal of immortality, using estus flame instead of dragon scales, which would give the connection and the use of estus discussed in the interview. This, in my opinion, and based on the areas we were given names for seem to indicate the involvement of dragons, the gods, and experiments on the dragons, so it is probably one of seathe's abandoned laboratories from before he became the duke.

Here's one thing that concerns me: cutscene deaths like the ones with seathe in DkS I. The bridge looked like a cutscene as did the silver chariot (there was a clear and open window to dodge left, and dodging into something or to the side is always preferable to running from a horse-drawn chariot, which makes me think it might be a cutscene death.....I despise cutscene deaths unless they are for lore reasons and getting items or doing things in the area will alleviate them)

He obviously could have dodged the chariot but didn't for demonstration purposes. Gather yourself man.
    Also when you see an unsafe looking bridge surrounded by 50 or so wyverns, common sense goes you shouldn't try crossing it. Players fault for falling for that, kind of like the Wyvern bridge in the Burg.
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow - Page 13 Empty Re: 12 minute Gameplay Premiere on IGN tomorrow

Post by MrDynogames Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Also it looked like they gave you a fair amount of time to see scumbag Wyvern come to kill you and run back to land.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:20 pm

Honestly, to me it looked like he slowed down and started walking when the Wyvern appeared.
    MrDynogames
    MrDynogames
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MrDynogames Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:23 pm

I really am glad for the 3 weapon slots. For pvp that is very useful.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:25 pm

There are so many times I wish I had just one more slot.
    But this 3 weapon slots come with a consequence: it's going to add weight that menu switching normally wouldn't.
    Still a good idea.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    morte wrote:I've been thinking about the time when this is set and I keep coming back to the idea of the prequel or a parallel timeline to DkS I based on this game-play trailer and the interview. The boars that attacked you had the same moveset as armored boars in DkS I, but they didn't have the armor, which means they may have been the "beta version" so to speak. The stones of healing may have been prototypes of the crystal of immortality, using estus flame instead of dragon scales, which would give the connection and the use of estus discussed in the interview. This, in my opinion, and based on the areas we were given names for seem to indicate the involvement of dragons, the gods, and experiments on the dragons, so it is probably one of seathe's abandoned laboratories from before he became the duke.

Here's one thing that concerns me: cutscene deaths like the ones with seathe in DkS I. The bridge looked like a cutscene as did the silver chariot (there was a clear and open window to dodge left, and dodging into something or to the side is always preferable to running from a horse-drawn chariot, which makes me think it might be a cutscene death.....I despise cutscene deaths unless they are for lore reasons and getting items or doing things in the area will alleviate them)

He obviously could have dodged the chariot but didn't for demonstration purposes. Gather yourself man.
    Also when you see an unsafe looking bridge surrounded by 50 or so wyverns, common sense goes you shouldn't try crossing it. Players fault for falling for that, kind of like the Wyvern bridge in the Burg.

They both looked cut-scenish to me, if only because the movement was slower and struck me as different, but maybe that was just me.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 pm

morte wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:

They both looked cut-scenish to me, if only because the movement was slower and struck me as different, but maybe that was just me.

It was different; but I don't think it was because it was a cut scene.

If anything, I think the changes are similar to walking through swamp or other difficult terrain; on the bridge, the avatar was attempting to keep balance, and the Silver Chariot actually didn't look that different.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Longshot wrote:A little on the side note, the translator does a really good job.

Agreed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:24 am