Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
User1
BIG TIME MASTER
PlasticandRage
nsane32
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
Dubscythe
Longshot
Carphil
KrazykevS10
Serious_Much
16 posters

EA voted worst company in america

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

EA voted worst company in america Empty EA voted worst company in america

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

I cannot tell you how happy I am at this.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/09/ea-named-worst-company-in-america-again?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

It ma be covered by IGN, but oh god has this made my day, ripping people off year in year out for half assed games they deserve this kind of negative publicity
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

EA voted worst company in america Empty Re: EA voted worst company in america

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:19 pm

I don't get why Activision weren't on it.EA does it more widely but they are horrible too.And at least EA publish decent games.I read about this one some site called consumerist or something,they had companies like Bank of America,Comcast and Wallmart come close.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:20 pm

lol at the comments.

Didn't knew they were that bad. The Local News here went to visit EA at England when FIFA was released, and gave them a pretty good reputation for us. But still, they only talked how about their building is huge and showed little to no employees anyway

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I don't get why Activision weren't on it.EA does it more widely but they are horrible too.And at least EA publish decent games.I read about this one some site called consumerist or something,they had companies like Bank of America,Comcast and Wallmart come close.

This is the poll from the site youre talking about.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:33 pm

I know,I'm just saying I haven't looked at the link except to read the comments.One person brought up and excellent point.Why is EA voted the worst when there are cigarette companies and the like running amok? A computer game publisher is hardly getting people killed.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

This is old news. Their CEO recently got the boot for running the company into the ground. Their rep is in shambles.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:37 pm

Their reputation has always been in shambles.People tend not to like bad servers and having to pay for every item in the game.Mind you,Ubisoft servers are worse.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Longshot wrote:This is old news. Their CEO recently got the boot for running the company into the ground. Their rep is in shambles.

How can this be old news when it's dated yesterday? Look Skyward
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Longshot wrote:This is old news. Their CEO recently got the boot for running the company into the ground. Their rep is in shambles.

How can this be old news when it's dated yesterday? Look Skyward

Technically it's old AND new news. This is the second year in a row that EA has earned the Golden Poo.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

I really hate that EA got voted worse company, it makes gamers look completely retarded when companies that employ child labor, or have had serious *** ups that have cost lives or caused damage to the environment end up lower on the list because we whined about video games.

God I hate society sometimes.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Wow... that's pretty bad... EA voted worst company in america 2707236321
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:I really hate that EA got voted worse company, it makes gamers look completely retarded when companies that employ child labor, or have had serious *** ups that have cost lives or caused damage to the environment end up lower on the list because we whined about video games.

We all know Nike is the best company ever.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:59 pm

I would have thought Fred's Puppy Murdering factory out of Portland would have gotten the nod.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Nike - The Benevolent Behemoth
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:07 pm

Tolvo wrote:I really hate that EA got voted worse company, it makes gamers look completely retarded when companies that employ child labor, or have had serious *** ups that have cost lives or caused damage to the environment end up lower on the list because we whined about video games.

On the flipside of this, EA is the only one of these companies that would actually care about this "award" anyway? Think Bank of America cares about being called the worst? Nope, not a chance. Neither do any of the others.

When the large majority of EA's audience is active on the internet and they get voted the worst? That sends a message.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 pm

They actually responded by saying this showed them that their fan base is full of idiots if they would vote EA over the banks and other companies.

If they have been voted worst in the entertainment industry or gaming industry, that's one thing.

This however just makes the gaming industry look like it's full of idiot consumers, more so than other industries.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 pm

I agree,it wouldn't have impacted a cigarette company nearly as badly.Most smokers can barely figure out how to use a lighter,let alone a computer.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Tolvo wrote:They actually responded by saying this showed them that their fan base is full of idiots if they would vote EA over the banks and other companies.

If they have been voted worst in the entertainment industry or gaming industry, that's one thing.

This however just makes the gaming industry look like it's full of idiot consumers, more so than other industries.

The idiocy between the consumers and most publishers/developers is mutual.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 am

DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO MAKE GAMES? I find EA to be a good company they make quality games and if you hate them because of Micro Transactions then your an idiot game developers spend years making their games not to mention the massive amount of money to make the game in the last few years the cost of creating a game have increased dramatically a recent example is that Bioshock Infinite cost 200 million to produce so dont hate a game company for having day one DLC unless you wouldn't mind not getting paid for you job
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:16 am

I think whoever said it before hit the nail on the head.

This competition is about giving a wake up call to companies who are embarrassing to the industry. But would you really wanna waste votes on companies that won't and can't change like cigarette companies and banks? Sure they're worse than EA, but EA have more choice of direction to go in. Banks will always be using investment to gamble for more money, cigarettes companies lied for years about what their products do and will always make the same death sticks (really smoking should be banned but not gonna happen unfortunately)

Also, EA are a popularly known business on the Internet as they have high exposure from those who use the Internet most, so they're always gonna be susceptible to stuff like this
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:11 am

nsane32 wrote:DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO MAKE GAMES? I find EA to be a good company they make quality games and if you hate them because of Micro Transactions then your an idiot game developers spend years making their games not to mention the massive amount of money to make the game in the last few years the cost of creating a game have increased dramatically a recent example is that Bioshock Infinite cost 200 million to produce so dont hate a game company for having day one DLC unless you wouldn't mind not getting paid for you job
    I think you're confusing devs and publishers.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 am

nsane32 wrote:I find EA to be a good company they make quality games

Such as?

Also, increased development costs are no one's fault but their own. They want to push graphical limits with lots of effects and shiny new lighting systems? They're gonna have to pay for it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:16 pm

The only company I've ever been inspired to contact directly in order to tell them what criminals they are, and let them know I would never buy another game from them.

I purchased a game from them, a game that was essentially designed to be played online, with hardly any incentive to play solo, only to find that the servers had been shut down only a year after release. I will never give EA my money again.

nsane32 wrote:DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO MAKE GAMES? I find
    EA to be a good company they make quality games and if you hate them
    because of Micro Transactions then your an idiot game developers spend
    years making their games not to mention the massive amount of money to
    make the game in the last few years the cost of creating a game have
    increased dramatically a recent example is that Bioshock Infinite cost
    200 million to produce so dont hate a game company for having day one
    DLC unless you wouldn't mind not getting paid for you job

It's not just that dude, it's a lot of other things. Despite the majority of their games having day 1 paid DLC, and DLC following that does things that the game should have done already, for example Dragon Age: Origins, a game which I happen to love, having a DLC release that encompassed the only way in the entire game to store and save your items and equipment. That's complete BS. An RPG game where you have to buy an extra DLC to store your items. That's like Dark Souls being released and then From putting out a DLC where you have to buy the bottomless box separately. On top of that there's the release of online games with servers that only last a few months, which prompts me to ask what the point of the games are at all, like Lord of the Rings Conquest, which I happened to buy a year after release only to find the servers were shutdown, and the only option I had for play was playing one player excursions into multiplayer maps against mindless computer controlled enemies. Then, what's most important in my eyes, is the purchase and bastardization and destruction of wonderful series of games. I'd cite the Command & Conquer series. Really great series, ground breaking in the RTS genre, with almost every installment containing some aspect that made the game stand out in the genre and the series. Then EA comes along, buys out the franchise, and now we have Red Alert 3. Here's my review of it: EA voted worst company in america 2324285107
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm

They should be separating these companies by type. That aside, this is a stupid poll anyways. Just a mindless distraction.

A company exist to make profits, EA makes a boat load of profits, so they are doing well. If you hate EA, don't give them your money. They do not exist to serve you, you do not exist to consume their product.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm

A lot of companies out there, while existing to make money, also make customer satisfaction a priority. It's a difference between companies with business models centered around creating repeat customers through manufacturing quality goods, and companies who implement models centered around producing as many products as possible, repeat customers be damned. It's quality vs quantity. Guess which one I think EA is.

Outside of that, I agree, the best thing to do is not give them your money. That's my solution.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 am