Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Zephryl
Werdax
Automancer
O1va_
Tolvo
lonewolf
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dustsgr
12 posters

Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ?

Dustsgr

Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ? Empty Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ?

Post by Dustsgr Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:25 am

Hello everyone there was this wierd thing today ,

i have a new thief character and finished the game with him and moved on to NG +

in undead parish inside the church Right next to the tower knight who is guarding the tomb and the Fire Keeper Soul there was this strange NPC that attacked me

it looked like it had a crystal ring shield something like that

i have never been attacked by this thing in any NG or NG+ or +++ or w,e.

i dont know wtf it was but i didnt get to kill it cause the tower knight killed me first

i was hollow it was not another player or a phantom wtf was that ?

anybody else ever had this ?

is it like a known thing cause wtf am i hallucinating mobs in Dark souls now ?

let me know if u have seen "it"!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ? Empty Re: Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 am

I have literally no idea what might have caused this if it did happen. :|
    Dustsgr

Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ? Empty Re: Wierd "Secret" npc in Undead Parish ?

Post by Dustsgr Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 am

it happened for sure

when i came back it was gone

seriously it is like finding the most rare pokemon ever and then losing it

anyway it was really there i cant just be seeing things

that or Dark souls is indeed a very dangerous game after all
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:41 am

mind=blown
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 am

Did it look anything like this?

https://i.imgur.com/x2Mgf.jpg
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:45 am

One of these perhaps?

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Vagrants
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 am

Vagrants are NPCs now?
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 am

i do not see a moonlight shield on them.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:54 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Vagrants are NPCs now?

I would say they could be described as "strange NPC that attacked me "

lonewolf wrote:i do not see a moonlight shield on them.

"it looked like it had a crystal ring shield something like that ", at some angles they look a little like crystal ring shield or something like that.

E: And they spawn exactly where OP said the NPC was.

Last edited by O1va_ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dustsgr

Post by Dustsgr Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:55 am

i havent seen this crab Vagrant thing ever and it couldnt be that because i read these spawn after a bloodstain with a lot of souls/humanity is not recovered and i didnt have a blood stain there

it was right in to the New game + first visiting the area in the playthrough
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 am

Holy crap, you can get invaded while hollowed?! Are you playing on PC?
    A lot of weird stuff goes on there apparently.

It's like how Reah's companions 'unhollowed' during one of my playthroughs. Yet to retest it lol.
    Dustsgr

Post by Dustsgr Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 am

i had an idea earlier

in Tomb of Giants u get to save that girl NPC (a cleric) , you know right at the spot where the Hyenna kicks you at

when you save her she then spawns as an NPC vendor for Miracles in that Tomb in Undead Parish where the fire keeper soul is originally

if you dont talk to her or anything i think and you continue to kill bosses she dies and on the spot its her loot , 7 humanities and the sunlight pendant

that happened in the my 1st playthrough

maybe in NG in that spot her "Killer" appears

and maybe that is possible if you have the pendant as a gift ?
    (tho that might be completly irrelavant)

dunnno if anyone doesnt come up with an answer maybe i ll try it again with another char :|

gg i think i ll obssess with a leprauchan mob

ps : it didnt "look" only like a shield it would attack (the shield) with something that looked like homing soulmass casted from the shield

Last edited by Dustsgr on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dustsgr

Post by Dustsgr Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:02 am

Automancer wrote:Holy crap, you can get invaded while hollowed?! Are you playing on PC?
    A lot of weird stuff goes on there apparently.

It's like how Reah's companions 'unhollowed' during one of my playthroughs. Yet to retest it lol.

no no PS3

didnt really get invaded cause

1) was hollow
    2) was not a phandom
    3) no message appeared (gravelord servant or ur being invaded or nothing at all)
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:04 am

Dustsgr wrote:i havent seen this crab Vagrant thing ever and it couldnt be that because i read these spawn after a bloodstain with a lot of souls/humanity is not recovered and i didnt have a blood stain there

it was right in to the New game + first visiting the area in the playthrough

It doesn't have to be your own bloodstain, generally its believed that when someone dies with a lot of souls and humanity it becomes vagrant in other worlds. The mechanics behind vagrants aren't really well known.

Dustsgr wrote:ps : it didnt "look" only like a shield it would attack (the shield)
    with something that looked like homing soulmass casted from the shield

Thats how a vagrant attacks. No question about it, you encountered a vagrant.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 am

I've only seen those things three times. Two times in the Achieves and once in the Depths.
    As for the NPC. With so little informations, it is close to impossible to come up with a conclusive answer. Was said NPC humanoid?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:11 am

Mystery solved, i guess.

It's a Vagrant. Did you get OHKO'ed by it? Those strong ones will do that to you. =(

The way Reah's companions unhollowed for me was that i killed Reah in ToG while her friends were hollowed. After i returned to Firelink, her friends were back there but aggroed me. When i checked back in ToG, they weren't there and remained in Firelink since then.
    Dustsgr

Post by Dustsgr Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 am

O1va_ wrote:No question about it, you encountered a vagrant.

you are right just saw a youtube video and thats what it was

ty i can now sleep lol!

and soz for false alarm star
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 am

Also, just so you know, the Wiki is completely wrong. Bloodstains have zero effect on Vagrant spawning.

Apparently it's related to items being dropped, not souls/humanity.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:11 am

Most of those testings were done during patch 1.05 and the page is hardly updated since Vagrants are really rare. Since you know more, edit the info there.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 am

I only know what I've been told, it's apparently fairly common knowledge to the experienced players though, so I'll let one of them edit it.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:50 am

Zephryl wrote:Also, just so you know, the Wiki is completely wrong. Bloodstains have zero effect on Vagrant spawning.

Apparently it's related to items being dropped, not souls/humanity.

According to what I've heard so far, yes the wiki is wrong. However, I don't think you're right either.
    If I'm not mistaken, popular belief is that 'Good Vagrants' are made from dropped items (and they also drop items), and 'Evil Vagrants' are made from lost humanities (and also drop humanities). Also it seems like they can be spawned in your world both by yourself and by others.

Another things is that they both can be either white or red. Red ones (especially evil) seem to be tougher to kill. Evil red ones seem to drop twin humanities.

Note that none of this should be taken as the absolute truth. This is still just speculation. And it probably will remain so, forever.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Just to add to that speculation about Reah's killer, she is not actually killed in the Church, she is kidnapped by Seath's channelers. (One of whom is seen previously in the same Church)
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Djem wrote:Just to add to that speculation about Reah's killer, she is not actually killed in the Church, she is kidnapped by Seath's channelers. (One of whom is seen previously in the same Church)

Reah's Killer is Petrus (That one cleric guy) If you kill him she doesnt die, and if she dies he will admit to it.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:54 pm

AFAIK If you kill Petrus and save Reah she will be in the archives (the Pisaka room I think) after you buy all the miracles she sells.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Ah, you are absolutely right. There are two ways to end her story, what the hell was I thinking?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:36 am