Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Redhawk17torch
densetsushun
Forum Pirate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Automancer
9 posters

Demon Greataxe users

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Demon Greataxe  users Empty Demon Greataxe users

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Does it have a longer range than the regular Greataxe?
    Is it better to 2h or 1h the DGA?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Demon Greataxe  users Empty Re: Demon Greataxe users

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 am

Greataxe's range is pretty poor, so I'm fairly confident in believing the DGA does surpass it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 am

Pretty sure the dga is longer.

It works best in 1 hand. It can't stunlock so poise damage doesn't matter much, the running, jumping, rolling and regular attacks are all virtually identical, but the 1hr2 actually stands a chance of hitting, and hitting very hard at that, it also deadangles. Its a 2 swing combo, but that second swing can be delayed for over a second (untill the axe is resting on your shoulder) so the second swing can be a nasty surprise for people thinking to punish a "miss"
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 am

DGA's a beast. At +15 or +14 Crystal the AR is beastly, so you wouldn't need to one-hand it, though we know now that AR has increasing returns so every little bit of increase means a substantial increase in damage. I'd recommend staying at 31 STR and 2 handing it though, that thing's heavy so you should spend points into end to offset the megaton hammer that it is.
    Redhawk17torch
    Redhawk17torch
    Casual
    Casual

Location : In my room, trying my best not to throw my tv out the window

Post by Redhawk17torch Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 am

with a crystal +15 DGA with redstone tear ring you can easily destroy gankers. If you want to go even higher in damage add power within with the dragon body stone amp xD
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:35 am

Redhawk17torch wrote:with a crystal +15 DGA with redstone tear ring you can easily destroy gankers. If you want to go even higher in damage add power within with the dragon body stone amp xD

I was asking about the reach and movesets. Not damage, that's self-explanatory.
    Redhawk17torch
    Redhawk17torch
    Casual
    Casual

Location : In my room, trying my best not to throw my tv out the window

Post by Redhawk17torch Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 am

oh yeah my bad, it's attacks are so so in reach and moveset but I find it best as a final attack weapon, with the two hand jump attack as the best way of using it, I feel it's other attacks are a bit to slow for my liking.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 am

^That's the whole point of heavy weapons. They're supposed to be slow. Look Skyward
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Like Pirate said you can combo with the 1HR2. Catching someone with that attack is tricky, you can either tank hits while your enemy spams or simply be a lucky shot. IMO is not worth the 1H. Roll R1 is the same for both. I feel that the 1HR1 is faster than the 2HR1 but I forgot. For low SLs it's best to 2H to allow room for fast roll, but if you are aiming for high SL you can take the leisure of 1H it.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:25 pm

densetsushun wrote:DGA's a beast. At +15 or +14 Crystal the AR is beastly, so you wouldn't need to one-hand it, though we know now that AR has increasing returns so every little bit of increase means a substantial increase in damage. I'd recommend staying at 31 STR and 2 handing it though, that thing's heavy so you should spend points into end to offset the megaton hammer that it is.
    its not for damage, its for the moveset. The 1hr2 is actually good, braver (the 2hr2) is not. The dga doesn't have the luxery of a spears range or a katana's speed, so moveset versatility is important.

If you can't afford the weight, I'd just go with a plain greataxe. it weighs half as much.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Would it be wiser to fast roll or mid roll with this weapon?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm

I like having maximum movement to off-set the slow attack speeds of those weapons.

Then again, I always prefer fast roll so... silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Fast roll is almost always better, but having the poise to avoid having your attacks interrupted (eg 60+) is important.

You're not really getting both at sl 100, so you have to chose between the ability to trade (poise and hp) or dodging ability (fast roll). This is why the DGA isn't common, even amoung str weapon users.
    The_Red_Drifter
    The_Red_Drifter
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by The_Red_Drifter Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 pm

DGA was a beast when I used it pre 1.06.
    It has much better reach over the regular GA, and it was great for dead angling all over the place with it's rolling attacks/1 handed strong attack.
    As for fast rolling, it depends on if you can handle it endurance wise. You need to pump it almost as much as a Giantdad build, and that's not even taking into consideration vitality/strength. You'll basically have to either get rid of almost any kind of alternatives besides strength for your build (especially if you're aiming for the poise needed to use strength weapons viably), or get used to 2 handing it and missing out on a better strong attack.
    Or you could just forget about dodging altogether and use a greatshield because why not.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:28 pm

It does seem longer, but from my experience using it, they SEEM to have about the same hitbox.
    The way you hold it will depend on the situation, if you're running away for a bait, two hand it, as the R2 has a charge up that is JUST long enough that you can pull back and smash your enemies face into the ground before they backstab you.
    One handing it can be used for backstabbers, as you can just release target lock and go Zweihander mode with the R2's. The R1's are strong for both hands.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:04 am

DGA has better reach than the greataxe, if you really wanna use it then 1h it since that r2(1h) is too good, its perfect for punishing fishers. while it's a really good weapon it's kinda heavy which means med roll with poise or fast roll and no poise, imo you're better off going with the regular greataxe since it weights almost half as much as the DGA and it's only slightly weaker but not noticeable and it will hit just as hard and the r2 is good for punishing fishers too. and remember that they both have surprisingly good reach, another thing I've noticed about the reach is when you 2h them it has better reach than 1hing them.

fast roll Is good but med roll is very viable too, it gives you more poise and once you get used to dodging magic with it you'll be ok.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:59 pm