Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
ak1287
Emergence
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ublug
SlakeMoth
RANT
Cartod
Frank_White
DE5PA1R
Djem
morte
O1va_
Hue
Tolvo
sure-magicians
Serious_Much
mr_no_face
Sentiel
22 posters

Rant about the new gameplay trailer

vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Rant about the new gameplay trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Rant about the new gameplay trailer

Post by vegan666 Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:37 am

Tolvo wrote:You also remember right that this is Alpha, Pre-Alpha may even apply here?

It isn't even in beta yet, and the purpose of a beta is to help notice bugs/glitches and remove them.

I just don't understand why you are upset about a project that is not near completion being incomplete. Of course it isn't otherwise they'd be releasing it soon Sent.

If it was end of the beta time and things looked this way I could get concern but I just can't see where you are coming from on this.

A thousand times this.
    Fayt
    Fayt

Rant about the new gameplay trailer - Page 3 Empty Re: Rant about the new gameplay trailer

Post by Fayt Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:33 am

I'd like to also add that if the game is so unfinished, they shouldn't reveal it just yet. All of the previous Souls games trailers and demo had none of the forementioned issues, so the only thing this argument points to is the irresponsibility of the current developers. Which makes me even more worried how will the game actually look...

I do agree with many things you said but this one bugged me.

First, I think this is not a demo. Demo is usually something that is nearly done. happy

Secondly some coverage of dark souls at Gamescom:

Spoiler:

This was a demo in my opinion. It had most of the core elements, and it came just before release. They still did work on it after that, and switched things around.

I am happy that you show that you care about the game, as I do!
    Pointing out things that need to be fixed(or could be improved) is a really the best thing we can do!
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:56 am

Sentiel wrote:
    I should've phrased it better...

I wasn't talking about the number of Stones carried (individual uses), but about their type.
    There were two types of the Stones shown in the demo. That is the reason why I assume they are Grass-like healing items, as it wouldn't make any sense to create two types of Divine Blessing class of healing item.

I don't think the "Drop stone of healing" is actually it's name, it's probably just "stone of healing" but it was suggesting that you can drop it to the ground. Otherwise the name doesn't really make any sense.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Well it's been noted, several times in fact, that it's not a "Fog Wall" anymore but a "Mist Wall," which could just mean that everything hasn't been translated yet. This seems likely as I doubt the developing team would be creating models and textures for a game whilst simultaneously translating it. And for those of you who think that the "Drop stone" (I like how that sounds silly ) is something to be feared, then think about why they would use that instead of Estus (confirmed in demo). Well obviously it's to show of the demo without too many deaths. This means that Estus is inadequate and not as reliable for some reason..do you guys see where I'm going with this? For everyone who thinks that From is cheaping out on us and making an easier game, then just think about this one thing and I'm sure you'll reconsider.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Ok this went off in a different path than intended.

First off, I wasn't at all picking on the name of the item, but on the fact that there were two different types of the said item, each with different name, which made me think that the Grass-type healing items will return.

As for the name itself. If you're familiar with From's games, you'll know that they had troubles with translations for a long time. Even Dark Souls has some language errors in it. I used the past tence, because they got a LOT better and Dark Souls 2 should be near flawless when it comes to languages.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:07 pm

That was more in response to the comments that say:
    a) there's a new abuse item
    b) these will make the game too easy
    c) some people still think that there will be no estus :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm