Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
GrinTwist
EverlastingRat
The Letter X
mr_no_face
User1
tofucactaur
SlakeMoth
Slarg232
Juutas
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Infighter
15 posters

Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles

Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles Empty Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles

Post by Infighter Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 am

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/dark_souls_2/news/dark_souls_2_will_not_come_to_next-gen_platforms.html

discuss
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles Empty Re: Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:57 am

That's lame. It should release on both gens.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles Empty Re: Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles

Post by Juutas Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 am

Nothing to discuss there really, except that I'm very pleased. We can have the sequel sooner and I don't need to buy a new console for it.
    Gameplay demo was made with Xbox 360 and to me it looked so awesome and I'm totally happy with it.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:10 am

Juutas wrote:Nothing to discuss there really, except that I'm very pleased. We can have the sequel sooner and I don't need to buy a new console for it.
    Gameplay demo was made with Xbox 360 and to me it looked so awesome and I'm totally happy with it.

Actually game play demo was on PC

http://www.shacknews.com/article/78672/dark-souls-pc-was-half-assed-but-dark-souls-2

Or I may be wrong, it may be a demo that interviewers played was on PC

Last edited by Infighter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 am

Sweet, didn't want to buy a Nextbox what with the rumors of Always On DRM.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:00 am

I'll drink to that!
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:12 am

I'm glad, I don't know when I would be able to afford a next gen console once they drop, but student lyfe mean probs not for a while.....
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:41 am

Good that I don't need to buy a new console just for this. silly
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:42 am

Dark Souls 2 NOT on PS4 ......Dark Souls II Will NOT come to next-gen consoles Th?id=H.4684534672065260&pid=1
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:33 am

Saves me money. This is the only game I need anyway. bounce
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:33 am

I'm gonna build a rig at end of year that will *** ps4 brutally that they'll make a law and order episode based on it, i'm a fan of ps but eh, hahahhaha... As for the topic cheers
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

Honestly, I am going to eventually buy a PS4 because it does look like a great console to play games on, but I'm going to wait until more than just one game comes out.

I'll be honest, even if it was only for the PS4 I wouldn't buy both automatically, that's just too much money used up on one game that I will eventually get bored of. So I'm glad this happened, it saves me money and I'll actually be able to play the game.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:53 am

why are people glad dks2 is not coming out for next gen consoles? its not like they woud be releasing it ONLY for them, it kinda sucks that they wont do that since im getting the ps4 day one and I wanted to play it on that.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:59 am

RantFromRant wrote:why are people glad dks2 is not coming out for next gen consoles? its not like they woud be releasing it ONLY for them, it kinda sucks that they wont do that since im getting the ps4 day one and I wanted to play it on that.

I'm happy because DkS 2 is the only game I'm looking forward to. Now I don't need to dish out a few hundred extra bucks to play it, plus it'll come out sooner.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

I think that is everyone's reason. Just saving money.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

The Letter X wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:why are people glad dks2 is not coming out for next gen consoles? its not like they woud be releasing it ONLY for them, it kinda sucks that they wont do that since im getting the ps4 day one and I wanted to play it on that.

I'm happy because DkS 2 is the only game I'm looking forward to. Now I don't need to dish out a few hundred extra bucks to play it, plus it'll come out sooner.

but you don't HAVE to buy a next gen console, just get the game on the current ones. people make it seem like theyre beign forced to buy a next gen console. if the game might come next year(?) why not for all consoles? poo.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:05 am

I'm quite glad about it. I don't use PS or X-BOX, so, while it wouldn't really affect me, it does mean faster release, which is always good for a quality game.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:45 am

Worth noting that porting from PC to PS4 will/would be relatively easy. And they certainly didn't make an entirely new graphics engine for 1 game; the engine must be viable for next gen too.

We might see a port well after release is what I'm saying.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:47 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Worth noting that porting from PC to PS4 will/would be relatively easy. And they certainly didn't make an entirely new graphics engine for 1 game; the engine must be viable for next gen too.

That's what I'm thinking. Just because it won't release for the next-gen doesn't mean we won't get to play it on the next-gen. At least that's what I'm thinking/hoping.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:49 am

DE5PA1R wrote:Worth noting that porting from PC to PS4 will/would be relatively easy. And they certainly didn't make an entirely new graphics engine for 1 game; the engine must be viable for next gen too.

I hope they do and if they do announce it before it comes out in the current gen consoles I will wait for the ps4 port, I just really wanna make some good vids and streams without having to buy a capture card worth half of what the ps4 is gonna be. and from what ive seen its gonna be sso much easier to do on ps4.
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Cartod Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Works for me. I'm currently playing on a 360 and hope to move to a PC when the holidays roll around, so either way I'll be able to play it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:33 pm