Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
mr_no_face
Oh_the_Humanity
DE5PA1R
Onion Knight
sinspaw
passivefamiliar
Saturday-Saint
Dibsville
DemonOfFate
steveswede
Tchuwib
Myztyrio
eminusx
Serious_Much
vegan666
GaryBlevins
Emergence
Johnthethird
Animaaal
User1
Zeta Prime
25 posters

Mic Support Poll

Poll

Would you enjoy Mic Support in Dark Soul

[ 14 ]
    Mic Support Poll - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Mic Support Poll - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 43 ]
    Mic Support Poll - Page 3 I_vote_lcap75%Mic Support Poll - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [75%] 

Total Votes: 57
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Mic Support Poll - Page 3 Empty Re: Mic Support Poll

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:58 pm

It takes away from the lonely atmosphere of Dark Souls...
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm

*insert bad forever alone meme here*
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 pm

mr_no_face wrote:I guess Closed minds are more common than i thought >.<

Its not closed mindedness?? What is wrong with you?

You propose a change that will destroy a good part of what makes DS so special. I disagree. That makes me close minded?

Yeah, I know about the mute button, great. Just read my example above.

Last edited by vegan666 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Theres nothing to worry about. They're not going to add voice chat(I hope)
    But if they did, it would have to be co-op only for sure and maybe they could make it so voice chat is an unlockable achievement that you can only get if you've beaten the game ALL the way.
    I'm still against it but for me the first playthrough should NOT have voice chat whatsoever.
    Like I said in my previous post:

"If you had your friend with you the first time you entered Blighttown, it would have been a completely different experience for you.
    Instead of a tense lonely feeling you would have cracked some jokes at the way the enemies looked or not payed as much attention because your talking about what you did last week, which ruins what the Souls series is."

As long as I never have to hear anyone then I guess it doesn't hurt anything. It just doesn't sound like something From would do.

Wait....thats what the pendant does...unlocks voice chat silly
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:

"If you had your friend with you the first time you entered Blighttown, it would have been a completely different experience for you.
    Instead of a tense lonely feeling you would have cracked some jokes at the way the enemies looked or not payed as much attention because your talking about what you did last week, which ruins what the Souls series is."

Great example.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

Poliwrath wrote:The mic system is there if you want to use it... If you think it's going to ruin the atmosphere of the game you don't have to use it...

If there's an easy mode, just don't use it. If there's a game-breaking weapon, just don't use it. If backstabs are too easy to land in PvE, just don't use them. If there's a glitch that deletes your save upon getting through 90% of the game, just don't finish it.

No. This is not how game design works.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh my god you people make me hate the community >.< akldfjar;ghvrnuhapsugi alfchlta atpuasvfaglhalfcjalvh some one lock this thread please i am done here >.<
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:08 pm

mr_no_face wrote:Oh my god you people make me hate the community >.< akldfjar;ghvrnuhapsugi alfchlta atpuasvfaglhalfcjalvh some one lock this thread please i am done here >.<

Why? You can't expect everyone to agree with you. No reason to hate the community.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:10 pm

mr_no_face wrote:Oh my god you people make me hate the community >.< akldfjar;ghvrnuhapsugi alfchlta atpuasvfaglhalfcjalvh some one lock this thread please i am done here >.<
    So people disagreeing with you means that they do not contribute to the community? I don't see any logic in that attitude. If someone disagrees with you, the best way is to find out why the disagree with you and try to explain why you believe it would be good. This is done in a respectful discussion that refrains from insults like the one you just posted. And with attitudes like that, it is no wonder that people disagree with you. You must give more explanations as to why this will affect the Soul Series in a good way. When someone explains why they don't think it's a good thing, you shouldn't respond with "Well, you don't have to use it!".

Last edited by DemonOfFate on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:13 pm

No I'm just frustrated that a decent idea that a handful of people agree with is getting bashed on I can't comprehend how it can't even be considered by most >.<
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:14 pm

It would be cool if Dark Souls wasn't a dark and ominous game, although I don't see why people are getting mad at people who are supporting this. I used to think this too until I really got into the game.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Obviously no.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

Because most of us don't think its a decent idea, but one that will detract from the core of what makes DS so special. I can see how you might think its a good thing, you can talk to your friends, and co-ordinate battles etc, but surely you can see how the majority of people wouldn't want this feature, as it would spoil the atmosphere of DS for us. And at the end of the day the atmosphere of DS is really what makes it such a fantastic franchise.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:17 pm

vegan666 wrote:Because most of us don't think its a decent idea, but one that will detract from the core of what makes DS so special. I can see how you might think its a good thing, you can talk to your friends, and co-ordinate battles etc, but surely you can see how the majority of people wouldn't want this feature, as it would spoil the atmosphere of DS for us. And at the end of the day the atmosphere of DS is really what makes it such a fantastic franchise.
    Agreed
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:17 pm

it really isnt an awful game ruining idea but some are just completely non responsive to the thought its not a missile launcher its an option more games could use more options i know most people don't want to " kill the mood" its as simple as going into your options and changing a setting at the very beginning of the game and then never having to worry about it again
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 pm

mr_no_face wrote:it really isnt an awful game ruining idea but some are just completely non responsive to the thought its not a missile launcher its an option more games could use more options i know most people don't want to " kill the mood" its as simple as going into your options and changing a setting at the very beginning of the game and then never having to worry about it again
    Okay, say this did happen. The game would become a Fable 2 atmosphere. Surely no one wants that in a game like Dark Souls.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm

mr_no_face wrote:it really isnt an awful game ruining idea but some are just completely non responsive to the thought its not a missile launcher its an option more games could use more options i know most people don't want to " kill the mood" its as simple as going into your options and changing a setting at the very beginning of the game and then never having to worry about it again
    But that's the thing, once they put the option in there is a very good chance you are gonna use it. Tell me, if a game puts in a beserker mode or something like that and you are about to die, and it heals you and kills everyone around you, you are going to use it correct? Same thing goes for a mic, a friend messages you up and y'all two start chatting it up ignoring everything around you such as the enviorment.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:52 pm

It kinda is though.
    yeah I agree more games could use it, but the Souls series isn't most games, its not like any other really,its special and unique and using a mic just brings it one step closer to being like every other game.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 am

The first time someone plays demons/dark souls it is the atmosphere that really makes the game stand out.. thats why i do my first playthroughs offline. But after your first playthrough you have learned things. you know where enemies spawn you know what methods are best used to kill them and you have prolly remembered where the good items are. Playthroughs begin to become routine and the atmosphere while is still present means less than it did on the first run... which is why everyone always says they wish they could have their first run back. The mic could add replay value for co-op players and maybe even the pvp community. talking and making friends with people is a good thing if you want to keep the game fun and alive. in my personal opinion if done correctly the mic could be a great asset to dark souls II.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 am

Poliwrath wrote:The first time someone plays demons/dark souls it is the atmosphere that really makes the game stand out.. thats why i do my first playthroughs offline. But after your first playthrough you have learned things. you know where enemies spawn you know what methods are best used to kill them and you have prolly remembered where the good items are. Playthroughs begin to become routine and the atmosphere while is still present means less than it did on the first run... which is why everyone always says they wish they could have their first run back. The mic could add replay value for co-op players and maybe even the pvp community. talking and making friends with people is a good thing if you want to keep the game fun and alive. in my personal opinion if done correctly the mic could be a great asset to dark souls II.

I want to agree with you solely based on the fact you are a pokemon, but I cannot. The PVP and co-op comminuty is still thriving in DS1, 1 and a half years after its release.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:27 am

Poliwrath wrote:The first time someone plays demons/dark souls it is the atmosphere that really makes the game stand out.. thats why i do my first playthroughs offline. But after your first playthrough you have learned things. you know where enemies spawn you know what methods are best used to kill them and you have prolly remembered where the good items are. Playthroughs begin to become routine and the atmosphere while is still present means less than it did on the first run... which is why everyone always says they wish they could have their first run back. The mic could add replay value for co-op players and maybe even the pvp community. talking and making friends with people is a good thing if you want to keep the game fun and alive. in my personal opinion if done correctly the mic could be a great asset to dark souls II.

From my earlier post:

"I dont think From would do that, but if they did, it would have to be co-op only for sure and maybe they could make it so voice chat is an unlockable achievement that you can only get if you've beaten the game ALL the way.
    I'm still against having voice chat but for me the first playthrough should NOT have voice chat whatsoever."
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:29 am

If there's an easy mode, just don't use it. If there's a game-breaking weapon, just don't use it. If backstabs are too easy to land in PvE, just don't use them. If there's a glitch that deletes your save upon getting through 90% of the game, just don't finish it.

No. This is not how game design works.

I was just shootin out some thoughts and ideas man xD. all game designs start with ideas ❤
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:46 am

That's just it, if you make it part of the game, people would still expect you to use it. Don't tell me you can't jump in an online shooter and assume every one will be ok with you being silent because you don't want to use mic. I've got kicked out of co-op in DS for less reason, so not being able to communicate because you refuse to use mic or you don't own one would be a bigger burden on the people who play the game the way we always played it.

One more thing that been bugging me is that you state that just because Xbox player have the ability to do crossgame chat that they got it better. It's not the game that's at fault here, its the Xbox user. That feature sure have its advantage, but it spoil the player. Just because they can communicate whenever they want doesn't mean it should be apply to everything else.

Anyway, it's a bit of a rant on my side, but I feel you don't fully comprehend the repercussion it would have in the game mechanic to be able to use mic in this game. When, and if, they make a new Souls series in the next gen console, then where crossgame chat will be surely overwhelm, we can reconsider it. But for now, let us enjoy what we have while we still can.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:21 am

Simple solution:
    You have to complete the game once to get the option for mic support in your second playthrough. The first time youre on your own, no choice about it, the second playthrough its off by default but you can switch it on if you like.

Hows about that then?
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Mics just aren't for souls games. It's just not that kind of game.

Last edited by Oh_the_Humanity on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:38 pm