Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Pilgrim34
Ghadis_God
Latitoast
bunnywink
Dibsville
User1
DaFarmerProject
11 posters

Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?

DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?  Empty Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?

Post by DaFarmerProject Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Is the Chaos Servant covenant really worth the humanity offering? I am a SL 34 Pyromancer, on second playthrough. Broadsword +8 weapon, Crimson robes.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?  Empty Re: Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?

Post by User1 Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Just do a few invasions. Get about 20 humanity from there, it shouldn't be too hard to muster up 10 from there on.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?  Empty Re: Chaos Servant Covenant - Worth 30 Humanity?

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:38 pm

Yes, Chaos Storm is one of the strongest spells in the game, aside from Fire Tempest, Dark Bead, and (maybe) Pursuers. Well worth 30 Humanity.
    Assuming you're in Blight Town, that means you probably have the Depths unlocked.
    If you do, you can farm the rats in the Depths for Humanity.
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Okay, I will invest in it then. I'll probably start farming for it after Sen's Fortress.. I forgot all about the Depths. Plus I've already got about 18 hard humanity. Thanks!
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 am

I'm lazy and hate Lost Izalith, so I would do it just for the shortcut from Demon Ruins to LI. :oops:
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I've gotten all the humanity required for the pyromancies.. they are pretty sweet. Surprisingly it only took about an hour or two for like 20 humanities in the Depths. I just put on like 10 soft humanity and farmed for about 20 hards. The worst part was the trip back to Blighttown with 10 hum.. I was like shaking, lmao. I made it though, and got Chaos Storm. Talk about a BA pyromancy. Totally worth it.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Dibsville wrote:Yes, Chaos Storm is one of the strongest spells in the game, aside from Fire Tempest, Dark Bead, and (maybe) Pursuers. Well worth 30 Humanity.
    Assuming you're in Blight Town, that means you probably have the Depths unlocked.
    Who falls for a Chaos Fire Storm?

You'd have to be invading people in the Parish who don't even know what a Fire Storm is the hit with that.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Not worth it, fire tempest is the better pyromancy and the shortcut is unnecessary unless you feel the need to save Solaire.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:22 pm

Latitoast wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:Yes, Chaos Storm is one of the strongest spells in the game, aside from Fire Tempest, Dark Bead, and (maybe) Pursuers. Well worth 30 Humanity.

You'd have to be invading people in the Parish who don't even know what a Fire Storm is the hit with that.
    If you were PS3 I'd want you to fight my Pyro build.
    I think you'd appreciate the fact that it does 700 damage per hit, stuns, and can hit thrice assuming I use Combustion while they are stunned by the first hit, which will stun them to get hit by the lava, which will stun them to get hit by the third hit.
    OHKO's are fun.
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 am

Latitoast wrote:

Fire Storm is moreso used for a tactical advantage in PvP than pure damage... You can use the lava to get closer to your enemy or better yet corner him.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:30 am

Are you planning to use Chaos Storm for pvp at level 34 or will you be taking your char up higher?

Undoubtedly if you practice you can certainly develop some tactics for it but you will probably need considerably higher dex to lower the cast time if you want to maximise its effectiveness.
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Pilgrim34 wrote:Are you planning to use Chaos Storm for pvp at level 34 or will you be taking your char up higher?

Undoubtedly if you practice you can certainly develop some tactics for it but you will probably need considerably higher dex to lower the cast time if you want to maximise its effectiveness.

I wouldn't be PvP'ing with Chaos Storm until upper 50s.. Takes like 3 years to cast.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 pm

Moved to General Forums.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    If you were PS3 I'd want you to fight my Pyro build.
    I think you'd appreciate the fact that it does 700 damage per hit, stuns, and can hit thrice assuming I use Combustion while they are stunned by the first hit, which will stun them to get hit by the lava, which will stun them to get hit by the third hit.
    OHKO's are fun.

How do you OHKO in three hits?
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm

I hate Iizalith and 30 humanity is nothing if you have 10 manities in the meter with item discovery ring on in the depths.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:49 pm

I agree with the others.

Get yourself a weapon with a wide-sweeping attack, get the Gold Serpent Ring from Sen's, and 10 soft humanity and go to the depths. You don't have to farm the entire depths; just running back and forth between the bonfire and the first rat room is probably faster than farming the entire depths of all the rats.

I got myself 30 humanity in about 45min doing this.

The trick is getting a wide-sweeping weapon that'll kill all the rats in a swing or two. Don't worry about poisoning, you can easily run back to the bonfire before you're ever in danger.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:27 am

It's even faster if you go the Chasm of the Abyss to farm the giant manatees, if you have the DLC/PC version, that is.

They can even drop twin humanities some times.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:28 am

Hachouma wrote:It's even faster if you go the Chasm of the Abyss to farm the giant manatees, if you have the DLC/PC version, that is.

Assuming he's that far into his playthrough. Also, don't those baby skeletons in the Tomb drop em too?

But if he's considering Chaos Servants, then he's probably Pre-Izalith; the Depths rats are the best way to go there.

I know when I get my newest character to the Depths (already have 10 on me) I'm going to do some farming. The only thing is I don't have the Gold Ring yet, but I'm gonna farm up 10 or so just in case I get killed twice and lose the 10 soft humanity I have on me, lol.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:32 am

Xaelai wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:It's even faster if you go the Chasm of the Abyss to farm the giant manatees, if you have the DLC/PC version, that is.

Assuming he's that far into his playthrough. Also, don't those baby skeletons in the Tomb drop em too?

But if he's considering Chaos Servants, then he's probably Pre-Izalith; the Depths rats are the best way to go there.

I know when I get my newest character to the Depths (already have 10 on me) I'm going to do some farming. The only thing is I don't have the Gold Ring yet, but I'm gonna farm up 10 or so just in case I get killed twice and lose the 10 soft humanity I have on me, lol.

Yiou can't access Izalith, nor the shortcut if you haven't placed the Lordvessel
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:33 am

Flankydizzle wrote:I hate Iizalith and 30 humanity is nothing if you have 10 manities in the meter with item discovery ring on in the depths.

Church.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 9:14 am