Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
nsane32
Tolvo
skarekrow13
Onion Knight
User1
Serious_Much
10 posters

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:38 am

The Ur Dragon didn't seem hard to me. I think he was a poorly designed fight. You have 8 minutes to deal about 1.5 bars in order to be the one who gets to "kill him". And be able to claim Abyssal gear and Ascalon for sure, instead of relying on a drop rate.

I just cheesed it by playing a Mystic Knight and +4 Grand Cannons with Holy element. Twas lawls.

As for not being here for awhile? I do believe this is my first time here, if it isn't, well then! I lurk where I shadow my own self!

Also, Tolva. That avatar is amazing.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen reviewers been paid off?

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 am

I got the Abyssal gear and Ascalon after ending up nearly doing the whole bloody thing, never mind 1.5 bars. sad
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 pm

I did it in Offline mode for a week to try and get it done. Then I went to Online mode with the 54th respawn. I think he had around 57 million hp at that time.

Anyways. My favorite fight in the whole game is still Grigori. He takes the cake on any boss battle out right now. No Souls series comes close, not any other action RPG that I have played. That is how you fight a dragon.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Pretty epic fight, I can agree.

I remember the first time, I used an insta-kill arrow (can't remember the name) on him, and felt really bad for one-shotting the last boss of a great game.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:57 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Pretty epic fight, I can agree.

I remember the first time, I used an insta-kill arrow (can't remember the name) on him, and felt really bad for one-shotting the last boss of a great game.

I didn't have enough gold to purchase a Maker's Finger, lol. It is like 300,000g...

plus, I was in love with Mystic Knight.

Why?

Enchants and Buffs!

Abyssal Anguish
    Dark Element

lolwtfpwn
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Simple Strider is where it's at. 8)
    And 300k was pretty easy to get, in time.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:05 pm

yeah. I went back and played the archer classes. Leveled their Vocation to Max via Guard exploit.

In Post-Game, when I went and bought all the good gear down in the Everfall, I really enjoyed the range classes and it did make Grigori super easy if you could land the arrows lol.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 pm

wait...wtf.... is the dlc for sale @ $40, but I heard that it includes the original plus the dlc... do the owners of the original Dragon's Dogma get any bonus or discounts? I like Dragon's Dogma but I don't wanna shell out $40 for a damn DLC...fuqn capcom :evil:

On the note about reviews and how shhhtty they are, I googled DD:DA and found this one, which seems honest but then again, SEEMS is the keyword there.

http://kotaku.com/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-the-kotaku-review-478166837
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 pm

I love how gaming journalism is so *** up that 7-8 count's as 'mixed' reviews XD
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm just waiting for them to go, "It had mixed reviews." Then you find out it got a 0/10 around all critics, and the game developers tried to make it sound like 5/10.

"Well I mean, the reviewers are of different races, nationalities, it's a mix of people really."
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

dont listen to reviews just watch some gameplay and if you still not sure just rent it
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:48 am

To be fair I do listen to reviews, I use the scores as a loose guideline, then read their comments closely.

The only reason I played dark souls was a review in the news paper my parents get at home, it made it sound so different and challenging to anything else out there I just went for it- and I agree with him, it's a great game.

Not a 5 star though, close 4 1/2 for me
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:31 pm

EverlastingRat wrote:wait...wtf.... is the dlc for sale @ $40, but I heard that it includes the original plus the dlc... do the owners of the original Dragon's Dogma get any bonus or discounts? I like Dragon's Dogma but I don't wanna shell out $40 for a damn DLC...fuqn capcom :evil:

On the note about reviews and how shhhtty they are, I googled DD:DA and found this one, which seems honest but then again, SEEMS is the keyword there.

http://kotaku.com/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-the-kotaku-review-478166837
    well. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal. But if you had original DD saved data when you start DA, they give you a few free outfits and the Eternal Ferrystone, which is a ferrystone with unlimited uses. And everyone wants one so bad newcomers to the game are asking people to mod them save files so they can get it.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't know what people are saying, but Dark Arisen is the best game since Dark Souls. It's legit. Hardcore oldschool gaming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:25 am