Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords Empty Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:06 am

1. Other players/covenants can ignore the sign and keep running.
    2. A lot of people don't even understand how it works.
    3. Some people want the BP but are not willing to do the actual ground work to make them appear.

I have always believed that the best gravelording is done in a group. I know I had an event about a month ago but I made a mistake of not asking all the gravelords to use the same soul level.

If we gravelords agreed to a soul level and met at a specific spot we would surely curse eachothers worlds and would have fun invading each other.

Based on all the research and play time in the covenant I do not think it's broken.
    1. It suffers from the same issues every PvP covenant suffers. IE bad connections or not the best net code for PvP. (every MP covenant does not have a 100% success invasion/co op rate)

2. It is misunderstood. Who knew when this game came out that the sign follows the gravelord servant? NO ONE!

3. The biggest problem is there are not enough people playing the gravelord.
    a. The 3 gravelord events that occured (December, January and in Japan NITO DAY) caused an increase in reported BP activity. You can see this everytime there is a concerted effort to bring the Pure Black World Tendency (PWBT) from Demon Souls via the Gravelord covenant.
    b. The game is only 4 almost 5 months old and there are new discoveries still being made althought at a slower rate.

So my proposal is for the next gravelord event we have a single soul level and play gravelord against gravelord.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords Empty Re: Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 am

If anyone wants to know the details of how to properly gravelord we do have this in the archives

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t1118-gravelord-mechanics
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords Empty Re: Not Broken, Gravelords Should PvP Other Gravelords

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 am

have a lvl 81 gl have had some success.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 am

I have had lots of success with my gravelord. But I have not tried at sl 120. I am gearing up to try that next.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 am

I've wanted to run a legit gravelord character ever since reading about how incredibly evil cursing the Tomb of Giants is. What sl is recommended for gravelording in there? I get summoned fairly often at sl 70-80 but am not sure that's the sweetspot.

Also, this was news to me: "When more than one Gravelord Servant is active in an area, their signs become visible to each other, which means that you can invade to help or duel a fellow Gravelord Servant."

So it's theoretically possible to invade a fellow gravelord but then back them up instead? Can you only fight darkwraiths, not other spirits of vengeance, that way?
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:11 pm

I have a sl120 guy that i was gonna make a gl happy.
    AtomicSitUp

Post by AtomicSitUp Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:06 pm

befowler wrote:
    So it's theoretically possible to invade a fellow gravelord but then back them up instead? Can you only fight darkwraiths, not other spirits of vengeance, that way?
    Yes this is possible, only can fight red phantoms though. When I gravelord host in the burg, I see frequent GL signs of others all the time.

I'm in complete agreement of this idea.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm

befowler wrote:I've wanted to run a legit gravelord character ever since reading about how incredibly evil cursing the Tomb of Giants is. What sl is recommended for gravelording in there? I get summoned fairly often at sl 70-80 but am not sure that's the sweetspot.

I would say that is a good sl and you have proven it by what you have observed when summoned. It is usually a good idea and a good sign in you see lots of summoning signs on the ground. That is the perfect spot to drop an eye of death.

I would say that if FROM every patches this game again that not only the gravelord is able to infect more than 3 but that it also infects players beyond the current 10% limit (which at this time it is assumed it does) Maybe 30% or sl +/- 30. Its not fair to the gravelord covenant to be limited while DMs and DWs have no limit.

befowler wrote:Also, this was news to me: "When more than one Gravelord Servant is active in an area, their signs become visible to each other, which means that you can invade to help or duel a fellow Gravelord Servant."

And the implication that comes with that is cursing each others worlds.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Deadmeat95 wrote:I have a sl120 guy that i was gonna make a gl happy.

I will be doing a poll about this soon. Its been on the back of my mind for a while.
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Well hes a GL now anywayz happy if anything i can *** with ppl at the kiln.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Deadmeat95 wrote:Well hes a GL now anywayz happy if anything i can *** with ppl at the kiln.
    Cool! too bad I just cleared the game I would gladly pay you a visit! :suspect: Beckon
    Deadmeat95
    Deadmeat95
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Deadmeat95 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:20 pm

Lol well i still need to kill all the lords.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:50 am