Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Derpwraith
A Fierce Plankton
Werdax
twigsterxd
Cartod
Hue
dumbworm
Dibsville
Gambs_the_Grey
Shkar
DE5PA1R
ResIsBestStat
Dutchy
17 posters

Butchers are female, or could it be all wrong?

Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Butchers are female, or could it be all wrong? - Page 2 Empty Re: Butchers are female, or could it be all wrong?

Post by Werdax Thu May 09, 2013 6:51 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:Please stop. Miyazaki confirmed the butchers are female. End of discussion.
    Miyazaki also wants the players to dream up their own stories and theories. Just because something is officially confirmed by the developers, does not forbid players to think otherwise. In fact, I think Miyazaki would encourage us to continue with our own imaginations.

Freedom of speech (and thoughts) after all.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Butchers are female, or could it be all wrong? - Page 2 Empty Re: Butchers are female, or could it be all wrong?

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 pm

If they are indeed women. Then they are the most masculine women I have ever encountered, fantasy world or no.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu May 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Werdax wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:Please stop. Miyazaki confirmed the butchers are female. End of discussion.
    Miyazaki also wants the players to dream up their own stories and theories. Just because something is officially confirmed by the developers, does not forbid players to think otherwise. In fact, I think Miyazaki would encourage us to continue with our own imaginations.

Freedom of speech (and thoughts) after all.

Theories aren't facts. Theories are theories. Facts are facts.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Onion Knight wrote:If they are indeed women. Then they are the most masculine women I have ever encountered, fantasy world or no.

This is the hang-up that I don't understand; it's a world populated with headless stone demons which are hostile and this is what we question? Not every woman in every game needs to dress like Dusk of Oolacile.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Darkmoon Knightess
    Best looking person in the game.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Looks don't make up the embodiment of efficiency. Those butchers are women and not a force to reckon with. If I had to use science I say their appearance stems from years of survival in harsh conditions and became strong from it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Pretty sure they were referring to Mildred...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Dibsville wrote:Pretty sure they were referring to Mildred...

I really don't even think it's a debate, the fact that Mildred is a cannibal doesn't make the butchers male. They can all be in league.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 09, 2013 11:22 pm

I assumed that Mildred is a butcher too just one that looks more like a woman than the others. Though she is dangerous like the others and she is found in Blighttown of all places. What can a person who is not a cannibal eat? Not much so she has to be like the others. I wonder how good they are as cooks?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 09, 2013 11:23 pm

SHE CAN EAT MAGGOTS
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 pm

You saw how well-fed that Giant Rat is, didn't you?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 09, 2013 11:27 pm

How do we know the Butcher's are even human.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 09, 2013 11:28 pm

My god Pendant...I think you found something important. They breed the rats, feed them, grow them large and then must cook the giant rat to feed their kin.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu May 09, 2013 11:30 pm

"...feed their kin."
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 09, 2013 11:32 pm

They are women and nothing has been said that undead women can't conceive children. As disturbing as that sounds think of it as the whole Amazonian women stories.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Fri May 10, 2013 11:54 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:They are women and nothing has been said that undead women can't conceive children. As disturbing as that sounds think of it as the whole Amazonian women stories.

Wow. That's... wow. Never thought of it. Nice.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri May 10, 2013 1:23 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:They are women and nothing has been said that undead women can't conceive children. As disturbing as that sounds think of it as the whole Amazonian women stories.

Wow. That's... wow. Never thought of it. Nice.
    Hollow chidbirth...ew
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:If they are indeed women. Then they are the most masculine women I have ever encountered, fantasy world or no.

This is the hang-up that I don't understand; it's a world populated with headless stone demons which are hostile and this is what we question? Not every woman in every game needs to dress like Dusk of Oolacile.

You're jumping the shark there. I never said all women in all games need 'to dress like Dusk of Oolacile.'

But the fact remains from my impressions of meeting them in game they are far more likely to be male or genderless. If Miyazaki hadn't of come out with one of his 'facts' I doubt many here would have canonised the butchers as being female.

But then again I digress. I'd rather not stay here and get accused of being a misogynist by the internet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm