Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Derpwraith
Noob-of-Artorias
Demon Slayer
Latitoast
Dibsville
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Kyogen
11 posters

Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build?

Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build? Empty Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build?

Post by Kyogen Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:13 pm

I can't pick between the two. :| They both have nice perks. Who would you guys go with? (just on the miracles you get on each side alone.)
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build? Empty Re: Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Darkmoon is infinitely superior.
    Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build? Empty Re: Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build?

Post by Kyogen Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:25 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Darkmoon is infinitely superior.
    How so exactly?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Assuming you have 50 Faith, Sunnlight Spear is better.
    As long as you have multiple castings of SLB.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Join Sunbros, co-op until you get Great Lightning Spear, quit the covenant and join the Darkmoons.

You only need to be a Sunbro for Sunlight Spear.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Sunlight Spear is better than DMB.
    DMB is susceptible to GMB, Sunlight Spear laughs in GMB's face.
    Better choice over-all rather than in the moment.
    Plus it's fun to throw a SLS into the back of a person running away then pointing down.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Yeah but anyone who isn't running has to dodge to the side and it's incapable of doing anything.

When you activate DMB you just wreck their everything.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Can't compare the reliability of the two spells, one is a consistent weapon buff the other hits once in a blue moon.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:36 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Can't compare the reliability of the two spells, one is a consistent weapon buff the other hits once in a blue moon.
    My 45 DEX character says otherwise.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Just to kind of put into words how mad I am right now, I haven't used a Hornet Ring nor a buff build in about 3 months. I'm literally going for OHKO's, and I get them 90% of the time.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Can't compare the reliability of the two spells, one is a consistent weapon buff the other hits once in a blue moon.
    My 45 DEX character says otherwise.

Sample sizes say otherwise.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:40 pm

I think Sunlight Spear only hits rarely for a reason

Sunbros is a co-op covenant, enemy AI is too stupid to dodge anything
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 pm

I couldn't care less whether it hits often or not, the fact is, it hits 800s when it does hit, so if someone tries running away they literally have to have at least half a brain in order to dodge it.
    Looking at the community as it is right now, I'd say 1/10 people will dodge it.
    Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyogen Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 am

Okay. After hearing you guys out, I think I'll stick to the sunbros. (at least for now.) But one last question; What weapon would you guys use for a faith build?
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 am

Guessing youre not using buff the best weapon for a faith would be
    Astora's Straight Sword beacuse of hes scalling but is really weak even with 50 faith so if you ask me use a buff that will make it a lot easier.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 am

I use an Estoc on most of my Faith builds.
    Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyogen Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm looking for something with a bit more punch then the Astora Straight Sword, Like the Crescent Axe or Dragon Slayer Spear. Which would you folks pick?
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:40 pm

Kyogen wrote:I'm looking for something with a bit more punch then the Astora Straight Sword, Like the Crescent Axe or Dragon Slayer Spear. Which would you folks pick?
    Grant master race
    Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyogen Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:31 am

Latitoast wrote:
    Kyogen wrote:I'm looking for something with a bit more punch then the Astora Straight Sword, Like the Crescent Axe or Dragon Slayer Spear. Which would you folks pick?
    Grant master race

Grant wouldn't be practical with my stats.(not until NG+ at least.) And it might be some time before I reach Leroy's Black Phantom.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:07 am

If you have the stats for it the Dragon Slayer spear is one of the best weapons in the game.

For builds 30 faith and over, I typically like to pack a fast dex weapon to buff with Sunlight Blade, the Falchion is a great choice.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=349810771179665570

Here's a typical palate I use for Faith/Dex Builds, add and subtract from there as you please. But in my mind this is the optimal build for the DSS...I'm sure people will disagree though.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:52 am

I chuck easy Sunlight Spear hits when a giantdad taunts me.
    Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyogen Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 pm

Since I can't get Sunlight Spear until NG+ I may switch to Darkmoon. Unless anyone thinks I should go with a different covenant.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed May 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Depends really. I find that any of the Sunbros Spear miracles better suited for PvE than PvP as they are very easy to dodge and they leave you open for some severe hits. The Darkmoon blade is a weapon buff of magic if I remember and is quite powerful to high AR weapons with certain builds.
    Kyogen
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyogen Wed May 01, 2013 5:17 pm

What about the Gravelord Servant? Don't they get a miracle? (or is it a sorcery? I'm not sure.) Sunbros or Darkmoon; What's better for a Faith build? 3358384175
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed May 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Gravelord dance. There are two types: a smaller but wide range one and a huge one that is also very wide range but is covenant only unlike the first. The speed and animation is like Firestorm or Fire Tempest only you hold up the talisman and slam it to the ground. The result is that red Gravesword like blades shoot up and send the players who don't block it up into the air. I tried the first and it looks cool but is very erratic by where the blades shoot up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am