Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
AkaiYuugure
Myztyrio
Tolvo
Murkulanvippi
Seignar
Serious_Much
Walter_White
shadowzninjaz
VaDoom
Maneater_Mildred
FinPeku
billy_bayonet
robsthedon
Halicarnassis
Saturday-Saint
DemonOfFate
Fry1156
Demon Slayer
22 posters

Demons Souls Offical Fight Club

Poll

Would you Guys like one?

[ 16 ]
    Demons Souls Offical Fight Club I_vote_lcap100%Demons Souls Offical Fight Club I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Demons Souls Offical Fight Club I_vote_lcap0%Demons Souls Offical Fight Club I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Poll closed
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Demons Souls Offical Fight Club Empty Demons Souls Offical Fight Club

Post by Demon Slayer Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 pm

The Official Wiki Fight Club

Nightly/Weekly Fight Club, SL 125

Chat
    Reply to this thread with online ID and you will be added to the chat. Also, when permitted by an admin presence, the forum chatbox will be activated to allow for easier organizing.

Universal Time
    This is a 24/7 ongoing Fight Club with every Saturday being Official Fight Night!
    All time zones are welcome and the FC can be scaffolded to accommodate.

Soul Level

Latria 2-1 behind the machine that shoots loads of arrows.

System
    PS3

Leader:Demon Slayer

Hosts PS3

Rules
    Have Fun.
    No griping, no whining, no salt.
    Uplift and elevate the knowledge of everyone involved. Share tips, pointers, strategies and methods.
    We are taking a minimalist approach to rules in an attempt to build a culture of adaptation and learning, but the following apply:

-No spellswapping
    -Any gamebreaking glitches will be banned/added as discovered.
    -No Second Chance spell or any HP regen Miracle.

How to Participate
    Red Sign Down in Latria 2-1 behind the machine that shoots loads of arrows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-Up Roster

PSN

Fry1156= (fry11)
    Saturday-Saint= (N-A-F-T-W)
    Halicarnassis= (same as forum)
    robsthedon= same as forum)
    billy_bayonet= (billy_bayonet2)
    FinPeku=(same as forum)
    VaDoom=(mega_perle)

Reply to Post with Your PSN, Gamertag, ID

Last edited by Demon Slayer on Tue May 07, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 9 times in total
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Demons Souls Offical Fight Club Empty Re: Demons Souls Offical Fight Club

Post by Fry1156 Sun May 05, 2013 3:24 am

Yeh I'll do it.
    What's happening whit hp regen items/second chance?
    Which area is this going to be held?
    Also I have the eu version.

Last edited by Fry1156 on Sun May 05, 2013 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 am

Demon souls is only for the PS3, so having the xbox section up there is kinda useless. And no, sorry but i'm not signing up for this, not yet atleast. I'll try to get a build up for demon's soon.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun May 05, 2013 4:57 am

I will join in if you do this at SL 125.

Also IMO for rules set grass 3 maximum. Infinite grass is fun IMO, but it can make fights last really long, and when you're trying to get everybody to play with each other, that can be a hassle.

Also did you copy/paste this off of a Dark Souls FC post or something? It's got directions to drop in the Depth in Dark Souls and it mentions Xbox.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sun May 05, 2013 6:28 am

Lol yes it looks like a copy and paste but probably just for poll purposes.

1.) We needs hosts per server
    2.) Location... As there are already PVP fightclubs in 4-1, I suggest we try somewhere else?
    Perhaps Latria 2-1 either near the machine that shoots loads of arrows or the room with the blob that shoots soul arrows
    3.) SL - are we sticking to 100 then?

@ Saturday: SL125? Mate dont you want to have a play around at a new build or two? I've only got one SL120 but just started 3 new builds yesterday.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun May 05, 2013 9:36 am

I'm down for some euro action, got a 125, started a new, two more planned. happy
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun May 05, 2013 12:44 pm

Same im down for Some EU action, i have a 125 build
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun May 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Added name and fixed some mistakes

we ALL gonna use a SL 100 toon no higher or lower

The Fight Club will start next Saturday i may not be able to get online

Fry i will sent you a chat invitation just in case that i cant show up so you may invite all that is interested in joining. happy
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sun May 05, 2013 3:34 pm

This is gonna be the nuts! I'm looking forward to this, but wont be able to make Saturday - my cousin is getting married and I have plans to attend. I've asked her to rearrange but she said they been planning their "special day" for like a year. I mean how inconsiderate!!
    On the other hand it means I get an extra week to build up my toon to SL100 happy
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:Lol yes it looks like a copy and paste but probably just for poll purposes.

1.) We needs hosts per server
    2.) Location... As there are already PVP fightclubs in 4-1, I suggest we try somewhere else?
    Perhaps Latria 2-1 either near the machine that shoots loads of arrows or the room with the blob that shoots soul arrows
    3.) SL - are we sticking to 100 then?

@ Saturday: SL125? Mate dont you want to have a play around at a new build or two? I've only got one SL120 but just started 3 new builds yesterday.
    I'm not sure what SL 100 has to do with new builds, nor do I particularly care for making them, but 100 is not as balanced as 125. I don't know whether people really care about balance, but there it is.

I see little reason not to host this in 4-1. The game is not active enough that hosting in a PvP hotspot will be too distracting. Even tournaments are held there with little incident. And 4-1 is great for having a big open area right next to an archstone and not having any framedrop problems even with 4 people in the world. At the very worst we could host up by Vanguard.

@Hosts: make sure you're getting Neutral World Tendency. Black/White tendency will make Black/Blue Phantoms respectively stronger.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun May 05, 2013 5:03 pm

I know a lot of EU guys (Robs, Billy, Sentiel, Halicarnassis, me) have SL 120-125 builds ready so i would really prefer sl 120-125 fc. I don't really see a reason to go sl 100...
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sun May 05, 2013 5:22 pm

I've no problem adding a few levels to my 120 if we want to start at 125 and see how it goes.

@Saint - thats a good tip about tendency. +1 right there
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi all I am keen to try some demons PvP.

I got demon souls late in the game, so never pvped much, just the odd random invader and a small amount of blue phantom work.

Just recently started again, im a real noob when it comes to the game mechanics etc but I should have a toon at 100 or 125(I prefer 125 also as it's what I built around when I did have toons) in a week or 2, hope this gets going and some of you pros are willing to teach me the ropes.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 am

Yo everybody.

If you haven't read it, skim over EWGF's PvP Guide. It tells you everything you need to know as a beginner to Demon's Souls SL 120 PvP, and probably a bunch of stuff that you already know if you have any experience with DkS PvP.

Read the section on builds, they're pretty similar to DkS stuff fundamentally but there's a couple things you might miss if you haven't played DeS much. E.G. Second Chance is mandatory on 100% of dueling builds, how cracked ToB works, etc. Basic stuff, but it's basic stuff that most people I see in 4-1 these days miss out on.
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Tue May 07, 2013 4:57 am

Demon slayer sent me the chat, if anyone needs adding let me know.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 07, 2013 5:35 am

Because I just made this post on another forum and realized it might be useful here, have a copy/pastage:

IMO for beginners to learn the game and not lose terribly 100% of the time:

Good: Katanas (dual-wield or +shield, stay away from two-handing it), Poles, Claymore.
    -Poles and Claymore especially are very simple to use and teach the fundamentals well. You can just use one attack all day and work on learning how to time and space it. Katana + shield does a good job of showing you how sword'n'board works without being as complex a weapon to use as Knight Sword/BBS. Dual katanas are a lot like poles and claymore, but a bit tougher to use IMO. Also nice for beginners in that if you can go for a pushlock, it's almost always the best thing to use, so you don't fall into this trap of using the thing that seems really good, but actually isn't. Also for the record two-handed katana is pretty good, but also the most technically difficult moveset to use in the game IMO, except maybe spears. And mages if we're counting that as a moveset.

Meh: Northern Regalia, Great Axe.
    -Northern Regalia is a not-as-easy version of Claymore that's arguably stronger. Not really a bad beginner weapon, outclassed by Claymore for accessibility. Great Axe is pretty easy to use and teaches basics. But it has a very focused playstyle, and new players and easily come to over-rely on the rolling attack.

Bad: DBS, Estoc, Spear
    -DBS, Estoc, and Spears are all weapons that have dumb easy things you can abuse (two-handed running attack, shieldpoking, and more shieldpoking respectively) that can kind of trap players into this "I want to use this all day" mindset. All these weapons are difficult to use outside of their one easy tool, requiring really smart and precise play.

ABORT ABORT ABORT: Claws, Daggers, Kilij, Spiked Shield, Bow, Mages.
    -Claws and Daggers are basically "Stunlock: The Weapon." Extremely gimmicky weapons that will turn new players to ashes and probably never scratch a half-decent player. They will not teach you anything of how to play the game. Also they suck, literally the worst weapons in the game. Kilij is an extremely easy weapon to use that doesn't really make use of the games' fundamentals to do well. Across all levels of play its strategy is the same: run at people and mash R1. So it will teach you how to do that, but not much else. Spiked Shields and bows are sort of situationally good things that you don't want to use as your main weapon. Mages are a long tutorial on how to abuse animation glitches and do mix-ups. Very fun to play as. Not good beginner material unless you have no interest in ever playing a melee build.

The Special Case: Straight Swords are kind of complex weapons. You need to know when to use 1H and when to 2H, and its attacks all have nuanced uses. The stunlock is sort of a new-player trap because it seems really powerful but isn't. You can fall into a bad habit of always trying to land it when you shouldn't, like some other things I mentioned on this list. That being said, if you can avoid that trap, and don't mind having a little trouble at the start, Knight Sword is IMO the BEST weapon for a new player to start with. Very flexible weapon, teaches good shield use, how to identify which tool is right for the job, positioning, roll punishing, pressuring, defense, etc. It's not a weapon that has any easy answers to anything, but if you get good with a Knight Sword you'll probably be able to pick up any other weapon in the game and use it well. I started with Knight Sword and do not regret it.

But yeah if you want a weapon that is easy to use and teaches basic stuff, Claymore or Pole are probably your best bets. They are basically a test of how good you are at pressing R1. Also if you don't care about what your learning curve looks like, just use whatever you want. I've been trying to get into Street Fighter for years and kept getting bored every time because people told me to play Ryu and I didn't like him. Now I'm playing some character who is horrible for beginners and having a blast. I wouldn't want to wish my Ryu experience upon you, so if you're having fun with DBS, stick to it.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue May 07, 2013 10:24 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:Because I just made this post on another forum and realized it might be useful here, have a copy/pastage: ...
    Good stuff! Aside from a handful of regular invasions I had back in the day, i don't have a lot of experience with DeS PvP. I was lucky enough to find out about an active fight club and so far i've been using magic build and strength build. I gotta say, knight sword is definitely my favourite weapon. I don't catch people very often with 2h stunlock so i usually use it in one hand. I also like War scythe, Uchi, Kilij (though it seems like my playstyle is a lot different than you described).

Most problems i've had has been playing against great axe and dbs. Surprisingly i haven't had that much trouble against dual kats because usually they are kinda predictable. I've even managed to parry them a few times when they tried to combo me after I blocked the running attack. There is this one player who is extremely good with the great axe and he mixes those different attacks very well. 2hR1, rolling attack, running attack etc. I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to the hyper armor and the fact that you can delay for attacks from backstep and roll so much.

The only way i've managed to survive for more than 30 seconds against the great axe, has been with Kilij. I tried all kinds of stuff but i got punished every time. I tried to punish him for not using a shield (he almost always has the great axe in 2h), but it didn't really work. So i started playing very patiently with Kilij and staying just outside the range of his regular r1 attacks but as close as possible. Chip damaging him to death with roll r1s and occasional 2-3 hit r1 spam with some backstab attempts proved to be the most effective strategy for me. How do you play against great axe, assuming the great user is good with it?

By the way, here are the stats to my builds:

Magic

VIT 50
    INT 24
    END 35
    STR 18
    DEX 13
    MAG 40
    FAI 18

Not sure should i use Moon or crescent weapons. Most of my weapons are Moon +5.

Strength

VIT 52
    INT 18
    END 40
    STR 50
    DEX 12
    MAG 10
    FAI 16

Probably could've deleveled my magic to 6 but i was not sure how it works when making this build so i kinda screwed it up.

Like I said, knight sword is my favourite weapon atm, and i use it with both builds. I like the moveset, but i feel like i rely too much on the running attack and haven't found good use for the roll attacks. A cool weapon with huge potential!
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 am

I'll join with my blueblood sl120 and start some new builds.
    Can anyone add me to the room?
    Fry1156
    Fry1156
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Fry1156 Tue May 07, 2013 12:38 pm

VaDoom wrote:I'll join with my blueblood sl120 and start some new builds.
    Can anyone add me to the room?

Add me on psn fry11 and I'll add you to the chat
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Tue May 07, 2013 3:06 pm

all right FC will be Sl 125 and changes have been done happy
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 07, 2013 5:08 pm

@FinPeku: Great Axe is just really really hard to deal with if you don't have a good speed advantage vs. it. Stuff like Estoc, Dual Katanas, Kilij, Knight Sword do alright against it because you can try to poke between its swings. Also if they are spamming rolling attacks at you, run BS them out of their roll's recovery. It's tougher to do than in Dark Souls since you can't BS people during their roll's active frames, so it might take a bit of practice (I doubt I could do it consistently anymore, myself), but once you get it down it's a pretty reliable way to beat its rolling attack if you predict it.

If you're using a heavier weapon vs. GAxe you basically just have to play really well. GAxe gives stuff like Claymore, NR, DBS, etc. nightmares. You can't poke between its attacks nearly as easily and it wins trades with you.

My strategy vs. GAxe changes based on weapon. With faster stuff, I do what I mentioned above, trying to poke GAxe between its swings and stuff. With DBS, I try to insta-run into 1H running attack and pray they don't press any buttons. Winged Spear does really well vs. GAxe. Its R2 and long-range shieldpoke beat it pretty nicely. Poles can do 2H R2, which has hyper armor, to trade with GAxe R1's and if you time it properly can hit them out of their attacks recovery and lead to a stunlock. Not sure how reliable this is vs. good GAxe users because I rarely use pole weapons. Anything with off-hand katana, you can just sort of tap L1 at it occasionally and it's hard for GAxe to deal with.

DBS, I dunno. If people are spamming 2H running attack at you, simplest way to deal with that is lock on and run BS them until they stop. If they're actually good, then it's harder. Good defensive DBS play is is difficult to punish if it's playing safe and positioning/timing attacks well. You can try to get it to mess up and punish it, or you can try to lure it into doing something unsafe. DBS has trouble dealing with close-up pressure due to slow attacks with no hyper armor, but most people will get a shield to deal with that, and it has a lot of good ways to punish you for trying to get in its face. Baiting out its 1H rolling attack and punishing it might work well. It's a really good attack and has hyper armor, but I think it's the most punishable 1H DBS attack. I spend more time playing as DBS than against it, so I dunno probably somebody else could give you better advice on how to beat it.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Going for backstabs was not very good for me. I decided to only backstab if he gets impatient and i get a chance to counter bs so I simply poked him to death with kilij. It was the phantom range and hyper armor that made me scratch my head.

The wake-up game with DBS was destroying me. Getting hit twice in a row with that weapon hurts. It has really nice moveset. But i didn't realize it doesn't have hyper armor like great axe so that definitely changes things...
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue May 07, 2013 9:07 pm

DBS has hyper armor IIRC on three moves. Both of its rolling attacks. 1H rolling attack is super good. 2H rolling attack is pretty bad, but has niche use. Most notably it's probably DBS's best way for dealing with really laggy players. But you don't need to watch out for it TOO much. And then I think its two-handed R2 follow-up, where it slams the blade into the ground. I have literally never seen this attack connect in a PvP match. It is quite possibly the worst attack in the game.

BS vs. GAxe isn't something you should be using constantly so much as it is a control mechanism. It shuts down some of their sillier stuff, like non-stop rolling R1 attacks, but should be used sparingly against good GAxe users.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue May 07, 2013 9:09 pm

My kilij build is almost ready big grin bringing it back baby!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed May 08, 2013 9:36 am

I foresee Billy mopping the floor with a number of us, but I'm gonna queue up for this just to prove myself wrong lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 pm