Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
reim0027
Yarxov
Emergence
EeAyEss
notfalstaff
Jester's Tears
ted1023
SillentShadow
Saturday-Saint
FinPeku
Sneezer
LoreFF
Baal-Avatar
vatar5
Sentiel
sure-magicians
Murkulanvippi
Rifter7
Tolvo
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Forum Pirate
RANT
DemonOfFate
Casdman
29 posters

A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club

Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club Empty A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club

Post by Casdman Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:28 am

So I don’t know how hard it would be to get something like this going, or if in fact it already exists, so here it goes:

So my idea is to create a Fight Club centered around players trying to learn. It would involve two groups: a number of players who feel they need help in pvp, but don't like learning from a youtube video. The other group would be a handful of veteran volunteers who would duel the newer players and try and teach them through doing.

I know this might be though to pull off, the number of players willing to volunteer a bunch of their own free time just to help out some newbies is probably pretty small, but I feel it could help a lot of people out dramatically.

There could be session entirely based on how to deal with X kind of weapons, how to parry with latency, how to preform and defend against all the types of BS. I understand all of this information is already out there but some people, myself included, find it difficult to learn simply by watching and need to do it themselves to truly understand the technique. Which can be pretty difficult if you don’t have a friend willing to RSS for you and teach you himself

In a perfect world we could even get a Team-speak( or something similar) going on so that people could hear feedback in real time rather than later in a chatbox.

So id love to hear peopel's ideas on this; will it be impossible to pull off? Is it even needed? Does it already exist?

Allright so here is what we have so far:

Strength Weapons
    DemonOfFate
    RantFromRant

Dexterity Weapons

Spells & Miracles

General Mechanics
    Soris Ice Goldwing - Dodging spells
    DemonOfFate - Parrying

if ive put you in the wrong group, or you dont feel you belong in one just tell me and il move you right away

Last edited by Casdman on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club Empty Re: A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:33 am

Well if you did get something like this going, i'd help. Seeing as how i only go to school Tuesday and Thursday, i have a good amount of free time and i consider myself pretty good at PVP. (Only with STR weapons, i suck hard with Dex based weapons when you compare me to STR)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:43 am

i'd be willing to help with str weapons since im decent with them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 am

I try to make it clear, I will teach anyone who asks how to do anything I'm capable of doing consistently if I have the time and IF (big if) they've already beaten the game.

So if you get it going, I can help.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 am

The Far East Trainers are similar to what you speak of. I can't speak for the others, but I help all new players I come across as much as I can. If you want this to be forum-specific, then I don't think the Trainers would mind stepping up to actually fulfill the role we are meant to. It just seems like things have been slow and we don't promote ourselves enough or take enough action.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 am

Tiny did say he was having a lazy time, so this might get things moving again. I know how to dodge every pyro, spell and miracle with str weapons and greatswords, so I'll help if I can.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:33 am

The Letter X wrote:The Far East Trainers are similar to what you speak of. I can't speak for the others, but I help all new players I come across as much as I can. If you want this to be forum-specific, then I don't think the Trainers would mind stepping up to actually fulfill the role we are meant to. It just seems like things have been slow and we don't promote ourselves enough or take enough action.

This does kind of sound like what im talking about, and if its been kind of inactive lately id love to help kick it into action.

What I was really think of having small groups of 2-3 people per world ( host included). Having a veteran player practice with a newer one, grinding away at mastering certain techniques. For example someone could spend an entire session on how to counter katanas, or how to dodge magic with different kinds of rolls. Sure it wouldn't be hugely exciting, but I think it could really help some players out if people were willing to spend the time to help them.

For me I used to have a massive problem with dodging things like WoG or CSS, and it took me forever to get better at doing so because the only chance I really had to practice was with the odd invasion or duel in the forest. If I had had someone giving me immediate feedback I think i would've gotten the hang of it much faster.

On a side note It looks like it would be a good idea to split the volunteers into a few different groups; something like : str weapons, dex weapons, spell and or miracles, and lets say "base mechanics" like dodging, parrying and BSing.

I love feedback and really hope we can make this work so any suggestions you have are appreciated happy
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 am

Oh STR weapons and parrying most weapons. those are what i'm decent at.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 am

I'd probably be game for this.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:59 am

i'd be willing to learn what someone feels they could teach me. i'm in.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Casdman Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 am

Cool, im glad to see some people taking interest in this idea happy

il try and compile a list of the people who've thrown their name down, either as a teacher or as a student after I get some sleep. So feel free to continue to post your ideas and suggestions as well as if you want to help teach or feel you could benefit from being taught big grin
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:12 am

Perhaps less formal? I can parry, but my roll bs is iffy. (Just an example) and I know there are people who can't parry who can roll bs all day ect.

There is always more to learn, even for the best among us.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 am

I think I could do both teach and learn. Played pretty much PvP, but haven't ever really tried to learn to parry at the right time. Anyone who wants can ask me for help or duel me at any time, don't be afraid to ask. My psn is in my signature
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 am

Great idea, and I'm in, not to teach obviously but very eager to learn...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 am

Oh, this sounds wonderfull and I would love to join.

I don't know if I can teach anyone anything, because not only I suck at PvP (or so I think after Sen's), but my explanation skills leave a lot to be desired.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:18 am

Sentiel wrote:Oh, this sounds wonderfull and I would love to join.

I don't know if I can teach anyone anything, because not only I suck at PvP (or so I think after Sen's), but my explanation skills leave a lot to be desired.

You played pretty good from my opinion at Sen.

I'm in too although I'm just meh at PvP.
    I did chained wins on 1vs1 in the forest last night but tht's because it's easy to spam R1 to people who turtle and BS pivot. They never learn...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 am

vatar5 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Oh, this sounds wonderfull and I would love to join.

You played pretty good from my opinion at Sen.

I'm in too although I'm just meh at PvP.
    I did chained wins on 1vs1 in the forest last night but tht's because it's easy to spam R1 to people who turtle and BS pivot. They never learn...
    People turtle and bs fish most of the fights though.

Thanks for the praise, but I mostly fought people doing it for fun, like having dual shields etc with a tryhard build of a Uchi + Shotel.
    Although I have the most fun with these, I know it's kinda unfair to use them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:05 pm

What SL would this be at, 99?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm

I would be willing to help/hang out if you all are doing this. It always helps to fight against as many different people and weapons as possible. I do not PVP anymore, but I could get into hanging out with Tolvo and having some friendly matches with people. happy

Any SL is fine with me.

Last edited by Baal-Avatar on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

I shall make a disgusting looking toon specifically for this when people figure out what SL they want to do it at.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Tolvo wrote:I shall make a disgusting looking toon specifically for this when people figure out what SL they want to do it at.

If you will then I will!!!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Tolvo wrote:I shall make a disgusting looking toon specifically for this when people figure out what SL they want to do it at.
    A punching bag of sorts, right? lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Imagine a grown up baby mime clown with dinner plate eyes and rubber skin.

Perhaps I'll scare weapons away.

As well I'm assuming it would be a good idea to keep many base weapons, so we can beat up on each other and practice without killing one another easy. Similar to use a wooden sword.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

vatar5:
    You should probably just grab everyones PSN IDs and add them. I am sure we will all be online at some point.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Tolvo wrote:As well I'm assuming it would be a good idea to keep many base weapons, so we can beat up on each other and practice without killing one another easy. Similar to use a wooden sword.
    Base weapons do so little damage, we could heal it with Sanctus and save items. big grin

Really, using base weapons is a great idea man. *thumbs up*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:50 pm