Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
reim0027
Yarxov
Emergence
EeAyEss
notfalstaff
Jester's Tears
ted1023
SillentShadow
Saturday-Saint
FinPeku
Sneezer
LoreFF
Baal-Avatar
vatar5
Sentiel
sure-magicians
Murkulanvippi
Rifter7
Tolvo
Soris Ice Goldwing
The Letter X
Forum Pirate
RANT
DemonOfFate
Casdman
29 posters

A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club - Page 2 Empty Re: A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club

Post by The Letter X Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:As well I'm assuming it would be a good idea to keep many base weapons, so we can beat up on each other and practice without killing one another easy. Similar to use a wooden sword.
    Base weapons do so little damage, we could heal it with Sanctus and save items. big grin

Really, using base weapons is a great idea man. *thumbs up*

If it comes down to something dealing with stunlocking, we'd need fully upgraded weapons. For everything else, base weapons for sure.
    Casdman
    Casdman
    Addicted
    Addicted

A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club - Page 2 Empty Re: A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club

Post by Casdman Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

I love to see that there is some interest for making this happen happy

As ForumPirate mention it would be a good idea to make this less formal, what I drew up before was jsut a rough idea at the time. So how about somthing more along the lines of dedicating certain days( or nights) to a certain aspect of the game E.G. we could do a "str weapons saterday" and anyone who felt they had somthing to learn about str weapons would be free to show up and learn big grin

The idea for only using base weapons is great and probably the only way something like this would ever work, and it hits two birds in one stone! no one has to really farm for gear so it shouldn't be hard at all to get involved.

As for the SL I think it would be best to either do it at SL 55,99 or 120. Personally im leaning towards SL 99 because its where most of PVP is taking place these days.

As I said before id happily shuck out the necessary money for a Vent server (or something similar), but if anyone has a pre-existing one that we might use it would be a great donation happy
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 am

I would love to join this as well when i have time. Im a big n00b at pvp only been at it for a couple of month and would love to learn how to parry etc.

Only have limited time to play but im up for it when im on.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Being a fairly new player to Dark Souls, I would love to be a part of this. Good people, good information, good practice.
    My PSN is Sneezer75, for the record.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

The good old SL 120 FC was basically the "Learn how to fight while getting your *** kicked by vets" for me and it really helped me to get into PvP so I think this is a fantastic idea. I'm not one of the best of this forum, but i know some things and i would like to take part in this. Let me know if something actually happens.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 am

Casdman wrote:As for the SL I think it would be best to either do it at SL 55,99 or 120. Personally im leaning towards SL 99 because its where most of PVP is taking place these days.
    Pfft I need to get busy then because I would really like to participate but I haven't got a SL 100.
    Oh well on the bright side on things, that does give me an excuse to start a new character, if the SL is going to be 99...

Casdman wrote:
    As I said before id happily shuck out the necessary money for a Vent server (or something similar), but if anyone has a pre-existing one that we might use it would be a great donation happy
    I'm not sure what a Vent server is exactly but I'll gladly help paying if that helps...

FinPeku wrote: I'm not one of the best of this forum, but i know some things and i would like to take part in this. Let me know if something actually happens.
    You did help me already, I actually won some fights using what you taught me so far... You and Chuck Norris Proper Bow
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:22 am

Well if only la few people are on at a time, we could perhaps do it through Skype, but that could get hectic with the number of people.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:04 am

Put me down as a teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 am

Then I shall be punching bag? :p
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 am

Also it should go without saying people, base bleed weapons are still dangerous.
    SillentShadow
    SillentShadow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SillentShadow Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:07 am

You can add me. I am interested also in adding people with mic, typing is very very boring in the xbox.

XboxLive: SillentshadowPT
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 pm

This sounds interesting, But the only advise I would give is when teaching and learning the best way to do so is to have a full pvp match with base weapons. people tend to play differently once they know it's an actual match rather than a training session. this way you will be able to deal with the real feeling of a pvp battle.. For instance when we used to do fight club I used to practice with my freind but when we got to bight town my fight style was different cause I knew it was the real deal..lol I haven't done any real PVP since the old F/C days so i'll be willing to learn/ teach what I can.. hell I'll even record it..lol just add me and message me if you want to practice or pvp....My pvp is rusted solid.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Might this friend be the glorious Yesuurd?
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:18 pm

Tolvo wrote:Might this friend be the glorious Yesuurd?

Why yes it would be..lol.. It's been a long time since I seen or played with the old F/C guys.. yessuurd, Green, yourself, reim, wyrmhero(spelling) Tking , fisherking, Billy, and the others..lol`
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Dexterity Weapons <3 Used them since i got the Game.

This sounds intresting...But i would onlt be able to do it On
    Fridays-Saturdays
    Saturdays - Sundays.
    Just like the Sens Fight club. I GOT Way too late and i was **** the entire day.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Tolvo wrote:Might this friend be the glorious Yesuurd?

Yesuurd and Green were 2 of my favorites to fight. I miss those guys, but they went on to other games.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Well Green had to stop playing because of time constrains and medical problems, Wyrm, Billy, Reim, and Tking are still around to my knowledge.

Yeah I miss the old days too, such a blast it was just messing around with some guys.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:30 pm

Yeah, Green is doing a lot better now. I just saw pictures of him out snowboarding.

Yesurrd and I played Diablo together for a while after he stopped Dark Souls. He is a great guy. We fought some when the DLC came out. He is still good.

---

Now back on topic!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I knew such things, you forget that I know everything. silly

Well I'm free on Sundays-Saturdays, so as long as you guys can schedule around that I'm game.
    notfalstaff
    notfalstaff

Post by notfalstaff Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Great idea, I'd love to join as a student. PSN is in my sig.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I am free every day between 18:00-23:00 GMT+1 and randomly on weekends, but usually around 19:00 up to 02:00 GMT +1. It may be in favor for EU players, rather than NA players though.

I don't know if I can offer anything to teach, but I sure want to learn. big grin

I'm no sure how to rate my PvP skills, because I usually just play random people and tend to goof around. You would have to ask people who fought me in Sen's, or whom I met randomly as I never was a part of the community before, thus I didn't do any events, fight clubs etc.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:05 pm

sure-magicians wrote:You did help me already, I actually won some fights using what you taught me so far... You and Chuck Norris A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club - Page 2 945058907
    I misread your post saying "You are Chuck Norris". Damn, that would've been the best sig ever.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:35 am

I would like to join. I need to learn the finer points of pvp, as I believe I have the basics down. Except for roll bs'ing and parrying. Ha. Psn is EeAyEss.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:31 am

FinPeku wrote:
    sure-magicians wrote:You did help me already, I actually won some fights using what you taught me so far... You and Chuck Norris A "Learn how to fight" Fight Club - Page 2 945058907
    I misread your post saying "You are Chuck Norris". Damn, that would've been the best sig ever.

Saying you are Chuck Norris isn't a compliment for everyone, but if you want I'll make you a customized CN (Chuck Norris) Roundhouse kick sig & avatar to match?

Back on the original topic, is there any news on what level this is going to be?
    I'm currently working on a LV 100, since my lowest is 125 but I forgot how annoying starting from scratch is...
    I heard Chuck Norris could roll out a new character to LV 100 with fully upgraded weapons and armor in less then an hour...
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 pm

It seems like this topic has interest from both people who want to learn and want to teach, but it feels like someone needs to appoint themselves a coordinator and help finalize the details including soul level, location, weapons, participants, etc. We have had similar groups in the past and their success was dependent on the quality of organization.

:bas:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:51 am