Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
SlothAlmighty
Epicfailville
ResIsBestStat
Werdax
GrinTwist
chaos4ever181
A Fierce Plankton
Hue
mr_no_face
Johnthethird
14 posters

Wandering Knights

Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Wandering Knights Empty Wandering Knights

Post by Johnthethird Mon May 13, 2013 5:03 am

Now originally in dark souls, From was planning to have the black knights wander around the world to attack you at random. I believe that dark souls 2 should have this fature. Obviously they would be different from the old black knights, but still they should do this.

Also, to make it more aparent that they are wandering just like you are, and aren't magically apearing, you should ocasionally see one wandering in the distace. For exaple, If you are in the bottom of the painting church, you might see one wandering about on the upper platforming area.

Look I dont like the Idea of having many wandering enemies, because the point of dark souls is memorizing enemy positions and forming strategies based on knowing where the enemies are. I think one or two types of wanderer characters would be a good Idea, but I dont want all types to wander.

Last edited by Johnthethird on Fri May 17, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Wandering Knights Empty Re: Wandering Knights

Post by mr_no_face Mon May 13, 2013 7:03 am

wandering enemies period should be inncluded
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon May 13, 2013 7:23 am

It woul have been real nice to find Black Kinghts walking around and randomly attacking things

This is a good idea
    A Fierce Plankton
    A Fierce Plankton
    Casual
    Casual

Post by A Fierce Plankton Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm

I think it would be even better if it's not just one class of enemies that wander around, but a whole bunch. But that's been hinted to happen already, with the developers mentioning the chariot supposedely randomly persecuting sinful players. Also, Like many said before it doesn't even need to be that random, simple patrols should be enough.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 pm

A Fierce Plankton wrote:I think it would be even better if it's not just one class of enemies that wander around, but a whole bunch. But that's been hinted to happen already, with the developers mentioning the chariot supposedely randomly persecuting sinful players. Also, Like many said before it doesn't even need to be that random, simple patrols should be enough.

Simple patrols are good, but what if they were to wonder near a bonfire your near and attack you? Then bonfires will no longer be the safe havens they were in Dark Souls. Wandering warriors can only do so much.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 am

chaos4ever181 wrote:
    A Fierce Plankton wrote:I think it would be even better if it's not just one class of enemies that wander around, but a whole bunch. But that's been hinted to happen already, with the developers mentioning the chariot supposedely randomly persecuting sinful players. Also, Like many said before it doesn't even need to be that random, simple patrols should be enough.

Simple patrols are good, but what if they were to wonder near a bonfire your near and attack you? Then bonfires will no longer be the safe havens they were in Dark Souls. Wandering warriors can only do so much.

Maybe make it so the black knights can't get near bonfires?

Personally I love the idea of wandering enemies like the black knights. However they would have to scale with the players level so SL 5 characters won't have to deal with a black knight that can one hit them in their starting equipment.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue May 14, 2013 3:16 am

GrinTwist wrote:However they would have to scale with the players level so SL 5 characters won't have to deal with a black knight that can one hit them in their starting equipment.

Wat r u casul? git gud bihtc.

But yeah, i think it would save many people a lot of trouble; however, we could also just not fight them and try to sneak past, it would be easy since they're wandering
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Tue May 14, 2013 4:14 am

It would have been really cool to stumble into a black knight randomly. I love the sound of this idea.
    It has also got me wondering what kind of enemies will replace the black knights, assuming they won't return to haunt us in DS2
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Tue May 14, 2013 5:12 am

Man u all racist, talking about black knights
    Anyways how about a mini boss enemy that patrols a certain area? He's really hard to beat until you get better equipment and weapons, in a certain area you must avoid him or he will easily kill you, after avoiding you can either continue with the game until end or come back later to kill him and get good loot.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 am

A heard of grazing armored boars xD lol but seriously I think in places where woods meet towns or castles, the town inhabitants such as undead or knights alike should be attacking the forest dwelling beasts that are trying to enter every once in a while things like that should happen
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm

GrinTwist wrote:
    chaos4ever181 wrote:

Personally I love the idea of wandering enemies like the black knights. However they would have to scale with the players level so SL 5 characters won't have to deal with a black knight that can one hit them in their starting equipment.
    I actually like the Idea of that. How about they are just much more rare when you start the game. If you run into one in early level, it will kill you, and then you will not be likely to run into another one for a long time.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Johnthethird wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:
    chaos4ever181 wrote:

I actually like the Idea of that. How about they are just much more rare when you start the game. If you run into one in early level, it will kill you, and then you will not be likely to run into another one for a long time.

Wouldn't be that bad of an idea. I think there should be a certain level where they just become common to run across but not make it so they are too easy to find throughout the game.
    Epicfailville
    Epicfailville

Post by Epicfailville Wed May 15, 2013 9:56 am

Wandering titanite Demon! I love the idea of having to constantly look over my shoulder for random powerful enemies sneaking up on me.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Thu May 16, 2013 1:18 am

Hachouma wrote:
    GrinTwist wrote:However they would have to scale with the players level so SL 5 characters won't have to deal with a black knight that can one hit them in their starting equipment.

Wat r u casul? git gud bihtc.

But yeah, i think it would save many people a lot of trouble; however, we could also just not fight them and try to sneak past, it would be easy since they're wandering
    yeah. I think that would be a good Idea.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu May 16, 2013 4:13 am

Epicfailville wrote:Wandering titanite Demon! I love the idea of having to constantly look over my shoulder for random powerful enemies sneaking up on me.

A titanite demon would have a really hard time sneaking up on the player (or catching up with them in the first place). However, I can imagine the chill running down my spine as I hear the hollow noise of a titanite pole being dragged along the nearby area.
    Epicfailville
    Epicfailville

Post by Epicfailville Thu May 16, 2013 1:51 pm

I think it would be terrifying in those dark areas where you need a torch. In the tomb of the giants I know where all the enemies are, but with wandering enemies I would have no idea what was beyond the light of my torch.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri May 17, 2013 6:19 pm

what about some sort of assassin or demon that is hunting the character where if you spend too much time in one area they find you and try to kill you.
    namanama1
    namanama1

Post by namanama1 Fri May 17, 2013 8:28 pm

SlothAlmighty wrote:what about some sort of assassin or demon that is hunting the character where if you spend too much time in one area they find you and try to kill you.

Omg that is a great idea actually! big grin waw u guys really need to petition this or something get it known out there. Wandering enemies. That element of surprise. WITH PVP AS WELL! on top of all this?! this game would not just be the beest it would be the bestest! LOLOLOL. But really. I think there should be wandering ghost... yeh GHOSTS! lol and you cant touch them unless you are cursed. They just harrass you, maybe they dont do much damage, but the stun and harrass you like a spiritual grudge! HAHAHA!
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Fri May 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Look I dont like the Idea of having many wandering enemies, because the
    point of dark souls is memorizing enemy positions and forming strategies
    based on knowing where the enemies are. I think one or two types of
    wanderer characters would be a good Idea, but I dont want all types to
    wander.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 pm

no doubt. you don't want to mess with the structure of dark souls too much, but adding another element of uncertainty, of impending doom, would fit nicely.
    Epicfailville
    Epicfailville

Post by Epicfailville Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't want to run across a wandering enemy every five minutes. But just the thought of the possibility of being attacked, even if it would be a rare occurrence, would put so much more suspense into the game.
    Johnthethird
    Johnthethird
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Johnthethird Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Epicfailville wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't want to run across a wandering enemy every five minutes. But just the thought of the possibility of being attacked, even if it would be a rare occurrence, would put so much more suspense into the game.
    yes that is what I would like. Just a rare occurance. Imagine being in the tomb of giants, and thinkng you're in a safe area, you are healing, catching your breath, preparing to go forward, and then BAM you get stabbed by the black knight thrusting attack.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri May 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Johnthethird wrote:
    Epicfailville wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't want to run across a wandering enemy every five minutes. But just the thought of the possibility of being attacked, even if it would be a rare occurrence, would put so much more suspense into the game.
    yes that is what I would like. Just a rare occurance. Imagine being in the tomb of giants, and thinkng you're in a safe area, you are healing, catching your breath, preparing to go forward, and then BAM you get stabbed by the black knight thrusting attack.
    LOL, yeah actually happened to me in the ToG except with a giant skelly. I was doing the Large Divine Ember suicide run with no light. I dropped down the hole and was healing and getting ready to plan how to jump down and grab the ember when a Giant skelly fell down the hole with me. scared the crap out of me causing me to fall off the ledge into the pit with more giant skellies
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Story-wise, you should be hunted down by knights of Thoruland because you're undead.
    Gameplay-wise, it would mean that every set amount of time a random spawning Hostile NPC would spawn in the area. This timer runs while you're in a invasion area (normally, any area you can be invaded) which can include bonfires.

When the timer finishes, a Cleric of Thoruland (for reasons sake, they are some sort of corrupted clerics, not really human) will spawn in the level. All Clerics of Throruland can use Lloyd's Talismans and will retreat if injured (usually to heal). In addition, they scale with your SL in intervals of 10 (If you're SL 25, they are SL 30; SL 40, they are 50). They also all share Group Healing techniques.

You can still invade or be summoned while attacked by a Cleric, but disappearing from your world won't make them go away, just respawn. Killing Clerics awards you with consumable items. Being Hollow speeds up the timer; summoning a player speeds it, but not in the same degree. Being invaded slows it. Invading a player decreases your timer while being a White Phantom increases it.

Killing friendlies decreases the timer. Dying in your world resets it. Going from 1 level to the next does not reset the timer, just transfers it to the next. If you move to another area while there is a Cleric spawned, the Cleric will remain in the area for a set amount of time before another Cleric spawns in the next.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri May 17, 2013 10:57 pm

I would like a few wandering enemies, but I believe you should be on at least NG+ to see them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:47 pm