Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Latitoast
EeAyEss
Gambs_the_Grey
Satoshi
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Soris Ice Goldwing
WaffleGuy
Maneater_Mildred
ResIsBestStat
User1
Odinbear
Animaaal
LunarFog
17 posters

Lunar Magic

Poll

Does Lunar Magic blend in with other types of magic?

[ 6 ]
    Lunar Magic I_vote_lcap55%Lunar Magic I_vote_rcap [55%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Lunar Magic I_vote_lcap36%Lunar Magic I_vote_rcap [36%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Lunar Magic I_vote_lcap9%Lunar Magic I_vote_rcap [9%] 

Total Votes: 11
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lunar Magic Empty Lunar Magic

Post by LunarFog Wed May 15, 2013 11:26 pm

KEY

1. Weapons
    2. Magic
    3. Armor
    4. Rings

WEAPONS

Description
    There is a "Moonlit" weapon in each weapon class.  The main characteristic of Moonlit weapons are as following:  1.)  Extremely high scaling and extremely low base AR 2.) magic scaling with humanity, similar to chaos weapons 3.) Unique "Cast" R2  

The extremely high scaling, but low base AR is to encourage players who use Moonlit weapons to make Dex or strength their top priority over any other stats.  You can expect Moonlit weapons to have a letter upgrade to the average scaling of that weapon type, for example, a Moonlit Greatsword would have B scaling in both dex and strength.

All weapons have 0 magic damage at 0 humanity, but gain a very small amount(1-3) for each humanity gained, up to 99(Around 99-300 at 99 Humanity).  Scaling is ONLY ACTIVE when the player is in a moonlit area.

All Moonlit weapons(there is now bow or crossbow) only have the standard R1 attacks.  The R2 attack is replaced with a casting animation, similar to a talisman or catalyst.

MAGIC

Description
    Lunar magic focuses on status buffs/debuffs and trickery with EXTREMELY LARGE AoE.  I'll just number all the spells since I can't possibly come up with names for them all.  Spells function and have similar cast times to all other spells in the game.  All spells get a 20-30% boost of both range and duration when under the effect of the Moon. All spells have a 10-20% nerf of both range and duration when used in direct sunlight.

1.)  Identical to spell "Cast light"
    2.)  Identical to spell "Hidden Body"
    3.)  Identical to spell "Hidden weapon"
    4.)  Creates an illusion of your character that walks toward the spot you aimed at.  Disappears once hit, after 1 minute, or when another spell is used.
    5.)  Similar to spell "Aural decoy", but instead creates the noise of a weapon bouncing off of a wall if it hits a wall, or the grunt/groan of your character getting hit if it lands on the floor.
    6.)  Emits a bright light that lasts for half a second.  The flash cancels the opponent's lock-on.  A mass of white phantoms appear and your character appears like one also.  Phantoms walk in random directions and disappear once they reach the edge of a radius similar to Firestorm's range around the caster.  The opponent can lock onto you and every other phantom.  The spell lasts for 30 seconds, but fades away within seconds once you hit your opponent or are hit.
    7.)  Increases your weapon attack by 50% for 20 seconds or for one hit(including backstab or riposte), but decreases your total defense by 50% for 20 seconds.  Spell cannot be used again until after 20 seconds of the first cast.
    8.)  As a host, can make yourself appear as a red phantom for 20 seconds.
    9.)  As a friendly phantom, can make yourself appear as a host for 1 minute.
    10.) Creates a red orb above your character and a red ripple effect similar to Vow of Silence which makes enemies automatically lock onto you and unable to lock-off as long as you're within range.  Lasts for 45 seconds
    11.)  Creates a shockwave around you, similar to Wrath of Gods, but with longer range.  People hit by the shockwave have their movement speed reduced by 1(Quick roll/ninja reduced to midroll, midroll reduced to fatroll, fatroll reduced to encumbered.  Lasts for 30 seconds
    12.)  Creates a red ripple effect, similar in appearance to the special skill of the Channeler's Trident, but with a larger AoE that turns all mobs hostile towards ALL players, including hostile phantoms.  Lasts for 1 minute.
    13.)  Creates a small barrier around the caster that redirects all incoming projectiles.  Casting style is similar to fire surge.  Movement is also reduced.
    14.)  Creates a shockwave similar to Dragon King great axe but drastically reduced that makes enemies stumble as if they rolled with 101% equipment weight.  Players cannot be backstabbed while stunned from this.
    15.)  Creates a large artificial moon about half the size of your character that hovers above your characters head.  When used in areas without the moon, it grants the moon bonus to all weapons and spells.  Follows you similarly to Soul mass/persuers, but at half-speed.  Disappears if it gets too far from you, cannot be cast with insufficient space.  Lasts for 5 minutes.  Has no effect in direct sunlight.  Can be targeted and destroyed.
    16.)  Creates  a black ripple, similar in range and appearance to vow of silence.  All enemies under the spell's effect have drastically shortened view, similar to Tomb of Giants.  Can be countered with a light source.  Lasts for 20 seconds
    17.)  Creates a white ripple similar to Tranquil Walk of Peace in appearance and range, that purges ALL players from temporary status, good or bad.
    18.)  Self buff that reduces vision of the caster similar to tomb of giants.  Cannot be countered with light source.  50% boost to all resistances and 50% boost to all attacks.  Lasts for 30 seconds.
    19.)  Creates a red effect like tranquil walk of peace.  Effect lasts for 10 seconds and does 20 bleed damage per second as long as enemy is within it's range of effect.

ARMOR

Description
    I don't have the brainpower or the willpower to actually think of balanced stats, so I'll just list off the important traits.

New Moon set
    Smooth black robes with a black hood.  Minimal weight, low defense in everything.  When worn under moonlight, each armor piece has a permanent "Hidden body" effect.

Full Moon set
    White and grey heavy armor.  Stats are mediocre,  but gains superb magic defense when in moonlight.  Helmet is a white crown that has a permanent "Cast light" effect

Blood Moon set
    Black helmet and black robes stained mostly red with blood.  Mid-armor class.  Minimal defense for all parts.
    Helmet - Infinite casts for Lunar spells, -200 HP per cast
    Torso - +3 HP per second
    Gloves - +30% souls
    Legs - +15 stamina regeneration per second

RINGS
    No description

Ring of Solar Eclipse - Lunar spells do not suffer from direct sunlight.  Lunar weapons possess humanity scaling in both sunlight, and indoors.  New Moon set's ability works in both direct sunlight and indoors.

Last edited by LunarFog on Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 11 times in total
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lunar Magic Empty Re: Lunar Magic

Post by LunarFog Wed May 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Phew. Can you imagine if I was on the Dark Souls team?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 am

The Fallen Crest

"A weapon of celestial beauty glowing in representation of the Cresent Moon. It is said to transcend through matter, space, and time, but grows weary on its master as they are weilding a pure journey."

Class:
    Curved Sword / (shotel)

Requirements:
    16 strength / 15 intelligence / 15 resistance

Scaling:
    B-str / B-int / S-res

Attack Type:
    slash / special

Left Hand:
    parry / ranged (special)

Auxillary:
    Fatigue :
    Lowers opponents stamina regeneration by 33-66% and does 77 / strike.
    The fatigue damage build up, scales against your opponents curse resistance.

Enchantable:
    No

Weight:

Durability:

Special Attack:
    Ranged attack that bypasses shield, and inflicts 77 fatigue and 25% of maximum damage on return route back to the wielder if it hits. The fatigue status effect only builds up on the return route back to the user.

The resistance stat of the user scales against the curse resistance of the opponent and determines the opponents stamina degeneration for a maximum of 66%, the return slash damage is uneffected however.

Also, the higher the resistance stat of the user, the faster the throw. Scaling begins at 15 and ends at 30 resistance where it achieves double the speed.

Note: Weilding The Fallen Crest builds up fatigue on the user at 17 per throw. The higher the resistance stat, the lower the build up. Fatigue itself lasts for 90 seconds on the opponent/s, but only 20 seconds on the user.

Man, I think I confused myself. Feel free to change a little, a lot, or everything and steal the name of "The Fallen Crest".
    I positively could not care any less. This one might be over the top anyway lol.

Love the idea, sounds fun. big grin

PS-Who wouldn't want a throwing shotel??? Well What is it lol

***edit***

Oh btw oooh oh me first, me first!

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu May 16, 2013 9:21 am

Apply for a FROM position , Lunarfog. Them be some good worked up specs there that could be implemented.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 1:03 pm

@Animaaal
    Will do~

@Odinbear
    I might have applied, but I don't think they have a position for "crazy chick that screws around office all day shouting every crazy idea that comes into her head"
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    The Fallen Crest

"A weapon of celestial beauty glowing in representation of the Cresent Moon. It is said to transcend through matter, space, and time, but grows weary on its master as they are weilding a pure journey."

Class:
    Curved Sword / (shotel)

Requirements:
    16 strength / 15 intelligence / 15 resistance

Scaling:
    B-str / B-int / S-res

Attack Type:
    slash / special

Left Hand:
    parry / ranged (special)

Auxillary:
    Fatigue :
    Lowers opponents stamina regeneration by 33-66% and does 77 / strike.
    The fatigue damage build up, scales against your opponents curse resistance.

Enchantable:
    No

Weight:

Durability:

Special Attack:
    Ranged attack that bypasses shield, and inflicts 77 fatigue and 25% of maximum damage on return route back to the wielder if it hits. The fatigue status effect only builds up on the return route back to the user.

The resistance stat of the user scales against the curse resistance of the opponent and determines the opponents stamina degeneration for a maximum of 66%, the return slash damage is uneffected however.

Also, the higher the resistance stat of the user, the faster the throw. Scaling begins at 15 and ends at 30 resistance where it achieves double the speed.

Note: Weilding The Fallen Crest builds up fatigue on the user at 17 per throw. The higher the resistance stat, the lower the build up. Fatigue itself lasts for 90 seconds on the opponent/s, but only 20 seconds on the user.

Man, I think I confused myself. Feel free to change a little, a lot, or everything and steal the name of "The Fallen Crest".
    I positively could not care any less. This one might be over the top anyway lol.

Love the idea, sounds fun. big grin

PS-Who wouldn't want a throwing shotel??? Well What is it lol

***edit***

Oh btw oooh oh me first, me first!

Love the idea Animaaal, +1. silly

Oh yes, this:

Who wouldn't want a throwing shotel???
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu May 16, 2013 3:28 pm

Sorcery: "Cast moonlight"
    "Cast a small moon on the caster's forehead, allowing the use of moonlight spells anywhere, but with lower power. This sorcery is almost as ancient as Oolacile and is thought to be a derivate of Cast Light, but who is skilled enough to harness the power of the moon?"

Requirements:
    0/0/20/0
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 3:36 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Sorcery: "Cast moonlight"
    "Cast a small moon on the caster's forehead, allowing the use of moonlight spells anywhere, but with lower power. This sorcery is almost as ancient as Oolacile and is thought to be a derivate of Cast Light, but who is skilled enough to harness the power of the moon?"

Requirements:
    0/0/20/0

Wanna partner up? I need someone to come up with the item descriptions and names for me
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    ResIsBestStat wrote:Sorcery: "Cast moonlight"

Requirements:
    0/0/20/0

Wanna partner up? I need someone to come up with the item descriptions and names for me

Sure thing
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Alright then. Get started! XD

And just tell me if you have any more ideas for spells or armor or rings.

Oh! PM me the spell descriptions and names. I want to make another thread about them specifically.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu May 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Luna powers op, needs nerf.
    Lunas arch nemesis keeps down repin' they need a nerf.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 pm

LunarFog wrote:Alright then. Get started! XD

How about a Moonlight boomerang?

Moonlight boomerang
    "Small ranged projectile from a far away land with the shape of a crescent moon. The shape of these projectiles use air to change the aim of the projectile, this particular weapon will deal several hits before returning to the owner, it also deals slight magic damage thanks to a blessing of moonlight."

Requirements:
    0/16/12/0

Scaling:
    -/A/B/-
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 3:49 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Luna powers op, needs nerf.
    Lunas arch nemesis keeps down repin' they need a nerf.
    I know. Oh well though~ 70 is more than I deserve probably.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:Alright then. Get started! XD

How about a Moonlight boomerang?

Moonlight boomerang
    "Small ranged projectile from a far away land with the shape of a crescent moon. The shape of these projectiles use air to change the aim of the projectile, this particular weapon will deal several hits before returning to the owner, it also deals slight magic damage thanks to a blessing of moonlight."

Requirements:
    0/16/12/0

Scaling:
    -/A/B/-

Hmmmmm......I'm thinking..."Moonlit weapons" should probably be a special upgrade path, or created from a boss soul. Then we could have the Moonlit weapons and then other Moonlight weapons that actually have special skills.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Anyways, what do you do with these item ideas?
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

You could make something (like a ring) that boosts the power of these spells in dark places, but weakens them in sunlight (or if the target uses Cast Light, Skull Lantern or wears a Sunlight Maggot. silly
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

What do I mean what do I do with the item ideas?I just organize them all into a thread for the amusement for others to read.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu May 16, 2013 4:02 pm

LunarFog wrote:What do I mean what do I do with the item ideas?I just organize them all into a thread for the amusement for others to read.

lol k
    anyways gotta do homework now, brb
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 4:05 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:You could make something (like a ring) that boosts the power of these spells in dark places, but weakens them in sunlight (or if the target uses Cast Light, Skull Lantern or wears a Sunlight Maggot. silly

Lol. Maybe make it so that moonlight spells are negated and can't hit you if you have a hand-held light like the skull lantern and cast light?
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    WaffleGuy wrote:You could make something (like a ring) that boosts the power of these spells in dark places, but weakens them in sunlight (or if the target uses Cast Light, Skull Lantern or wears a Sunlight Maggot. silly

Lol. Maybe make it so that moonlight spells are negated and can't hit you if you have a hand-held light like the skull lantern and cast light?

Skull Lantern is OP :mask-sack:
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:

It seems as though my spells are a bit powerful. It'd be nice if they had one seemingly harmless, almost stupid weakness.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 16, 2013 4:24 pm

If the spells are too strong how about this? The spells are set to have a certain power level that is lowered in the daylight and dropped to near harmless levels in places where the sun is brightest, increased in the night but rendered deadly when the moon is out. In buildings and such where neither the sun or the moon can be seen the spells power levels are returned to their base levels.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu May 16, 2013 4:30 pm

LunarFog wrote:
    WaffleGuy wrote:
    LunarFog wrote:

It seems as though my spells are a bit powerful. It'd be nice if they had one seemingly harmless, almost stupid weakness.

Sword Hilt get a +6028% damage boost against Lunar users.
    I... I mean, um, Lunar...magic users.
    Yea
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu May 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Cynthian scepter (cynthian is a synonym for lunar apparently)

s rank strength scaling hammer class weapon.

"a eight faced silver mace emblazoned with the eight phases of the moon. Long ago it was used as a ceremonial focus in the moonlit rituals of a far off land, over the ages it has developed an almost etherial quality."

Its special r2 would be to hold the mace vertically in front of the user and then the mace would emit a random number (between 1 and 8 )orbs around the user that then slowly (half the speed of pursuers) track the enemy, recasting removes the previous orbs.

Last edited by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it replaced an 8 with a winky face...)
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Great idea Soris. That would make them much less popular. I was thinking that since they don't scale with any special stat, they'd be pretty available for EVERYONE to use as support spells. If their power fluctuates enough then maybe some people wouldn't even bother.

Your weapon has been dutifully recorded sparkles

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:25 am