Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Exequim
Derpwraith
densetsushun
Railage
Myztyrio
WyrmHero
BartholomewWenceslas
Argetlam350
Slow Dog Noodle
Anonymous Proxy
crbngville2
Elifia
RANT
Sentiel
Carphil
19 posters

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 9 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm rather happy about that, I may get to play as the new internet we're getting comes then, so i'll have the connection to download the game big grin
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 9 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I'm rather happy about that, I may get to play as the new internet we're getting comes then, so i'll have the connection to download the game big grin

You stroll in just as the ps3 version begins to have a load of updates exclusively for it. :razz: 

-Improved visuals.
    -Improved framerate.
    -Improved loading times.
    -New Ui.
    -In game screenshot function.
    -Improved ui adjustment menu.

These should all be coming during the end of phase 3/ beginning of phase 4.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Seriously? Impeccable timing winking
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Well it's all pending scheduling. But these were the main criticisms of the ps3 version from the first three weeks so they should eventually implement the improvements before phase 4 since that's open beta and you always usually want to have the best experience possible for open beta.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:51 pm

I have found some very interesting posts in the forums about 'lore correct' names for the different races and sub races. (If you're struggling for a name.)

Hyur:

Elezen:

Lalafell:

Miqo'te:

Roegadyn :
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:25 pm

For more lore on top of this here is an on-going series of lore videos dedicated to a single subject every time. I will update this as it goes.

Races of Eorzea

Lalafell history and origin:

Hyur history and origin:

Elezen history and origin :

Miqo'te history and origin:

Roegadyn history and origin:

Padjal history and origin (non-playable race):

Local Beast tribes :

Religion in Eorzea

The Twelve:

Eorzean Society

Guilds:

Nations of Eorzea

Garlean Empire:
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:23 pm

'The next Beta test is scheduled to begin at 2:00 a.m. (PDT)/9:00 a.m. (GMT) on July 5th, 2013.

Starting from the next Beta test, the stress testing of the duty finder is planned to be conducted. However, the final QA check of the system is still in progress.

As a result, there is a possibility where the duty finder will not become available at the start, but instead will be implemented through the update that will be conducted during the Beta test.

With the testing details including when the duty finder will become available and also the closing schedule of the next Beta test, we will be making another announcement before the test begins.'

There is no end date listed so it may mean that the phase 3 test is now going to be continuous although I am not sure so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:16 am

The duty finder promo/guide from the devs. Shouting for party members for dungeons and guildhests will be a thing of the past when this is implemented.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:32 pm

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:50 am

Finally got to play the game. I created a cat girl (lol she's awesome) and decided for the thauwhatever (black mage) starting class. I'm totally lost in this big city and I'm getting bored of these fetch quests. But I know things will get interesting once I go out to fight and hunt monsters.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:58 am

July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
    July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

Last week of phase 3.

Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th.

•Character Data From Beta Test Phase 3
    All character data will be deleted at the end of beta test phase 3. Although character data from Version 1.0 will also be deleted, data from the final save on October 31, 2012 will be transferred again at the beginning of beta test phase 4.

•The Beta Test Phase 3 Client
    The client for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end ofthis beta test phase.

•Character Appearance Data
    Character appearance data saved during beta test phase 3 can be used when creating a character during beta test phase 4 and official service. Those who wish to use their appearance data should not delete the following folder:

•Windows
    My Documents -> My Games -> FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)
    •PlayStation®3
    (From "XMB") Game → Saved Data Utility (PS3TM)
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:28 am

Onion, when does Phase 4 start exactly? Also, who'd like to party together for the brief 2 weeks of Phase 4?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 am

No official date for phase 4. But the general consensuses based upon past phases is that there will be a 2-3 week down time after phase 3 ends before phase 4 starts. So ... beginning of August?
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:20 am

Kingdom Hearts is better than Final Fantasy. Unlike Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts doesn't get lamer.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:44 am

@Derp

Your post adds zero to this discussion. Why even bother to make a post like that?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 pm

Derpwraith wrote:Kingdom Hearts is better than Final Fantasy. Unlike Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts doesn't get lamer.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 9 Picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917

forumsinanutshell.gif
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:37 am

Phase 4 (open beta) information now that phase 3 has been completed.

1st August: Character benchmark. (PC.)
    4th August: Live Letter (video) from the Producer.
    8th August: Phase 4 goes live. (PC and PS3.)

Goodbye Phase 3!:

Last edited by Onion Knight on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 am

Onion Knight wrote:
    Derpwraith wrote:Kingdom Hearts is better than Final Fantasy. Unlike Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts doesn't get lamer.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn- Beta and Release Information - Page 9 Picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917

forumsinanutshell.gif

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

Lovely, phase 4 comes out just as my resits crawl up on me.... YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYY
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:50 am

Have a new armour showcase video to cheer you up.
    And with that I fly away back to Ni No Kuni. 
    See ya'll in August!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:37 am

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1997672/final_fantasy_14_skipping_xbox_360_because_of_microsofts_policies.html

Also been confirmed that XIV will never be coming to either the 360 or XboxOne due to Microsoft policies. (For any that were wondering ...)
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Any news on what the localisation options will be with XIV? Specifically, will we be getting dual audio?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Audio is available worldwide in English, Japanese, French and (?)German as well as subtitles. So if you want Japanese with English subtitles (The most popular example) then that is available.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Sweet \o/
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:54 am

Onion Knight wrote:
    See ya'll in August!

Lol. I can't stop playing Ni No Kuni either. I currently have 79% of the trophies and 231/250 tamed familiars for another gold trophy. Hopefully, I will have time to fiinish the platinum before Beta Phase 4.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:25 pm

crbngville2 wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:
    See ya'll in August!

Lol. I can't stop playing Ni No Kuni either. I currently have 79% of the trophies and 231/250 tamed familiars for another gold trophy. Hopefully, I will have time to fiinish the platinum before Beta Phase 4.

No teen angst! My god! The lack of angst, love triangles and whining characters make it my guaranteed game of the year. It's so bl**dy refreshing for a modern jrpg. 

I also need to play Journey before phase 4 ... but it's not that long anyway so I think I have time for both!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:06 pm