Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Carphil
ublug
Kaksoppa
DarkW17
befowler
strangejoy
Yukon
Toastfacekillah
Tolvo
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
reim0027
Unforseen
barecanvas
Forum Pirate
19 posters

The forest.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The forest. Empty The forest.

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Alright i know everyone and their mother has complained about the farmers, I'm here to complaine about the invaders. in the time i've spent in the forest i've seen just as many ganking ****head invaders as ganking ****head hosts. it's not cool. i have the decency to be fighting alone, why am i repaid by having to deal with the same crap the invaders are contantly *****ing about? So, I'm asking any invaders who reads this post, wiki member or not, to rephrain from jumping the few hosts with any decency or one day you'll find our species has moved from endangered to extinct.
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

The forest. Empty Re: The forest.

Post by barecanvas Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:19 pm

Most forest kids are either 2v1 flipping tank trolls or a guy whos too scared to get 2v1ed by an invader so he calls a random summons a guys. Then theres the people who arent scared of 2v1s and fights alone waiting for honourable people to rarely come by.
    Forest pvp summarized in 2 sentences Bow
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Hmm, i've noticed something, explain this forest logic. -Invader sees 2v1, rushes at them- -invader sees one guy, runs and hides all day-
    barecanvas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by barecanvas Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Unforseen wrote:Hmm, i've noticed something, explain this forest logic. -Invader sees 2v1, rushes at them- -invader sees one guy, runs and hides all day-
    forest invaders most of the time easy to kill though (lol) because they consist mainly of turtlers. There will be those rare kids who actually are good, but its still rare
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 pm

Forest is no rules, anything goes. That's both good and bad. I liked it at first, going crazy, but I realized it wasn't a test of skill, and got sick of it. So, I moved on.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 am

tried gravelording that place, 20 seconds and i had a 3 v 1 me being the one, two forest, one vengence spirit and i still took out one of em with a friggin shield (this is my shield fighter build)
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:45 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Alright i know everyone and their mother has complained about the farmers, I'm here to complaine about the invaders. in the time i've spent in the forest i've seen just as many ganking ****head invaders as ganking ****head hosts. it's not cool. i have the decency to be fighting alone, why am i repaid by having to deal with the same crap the invaders are contantly *****ing about? So, I'm asking any invaders who reads this post, wiki member or not, to rephrain from jumping the few hosts with any decency or one day you'll find our species has moved from endangered to extinct.

As a hunter - any host experiencing a bang is simply dealing with the after effects of our covenant being banged on a regular and consistent basis. I have refer to this behavior as hunter PTSD - if we invade you after taking 2v1/3v1 butt whooping the previous invasion we are simply releasing some steam nothing more. I have had some great 1v1 duels in the forest simply based upon the demeanor of the host - if the host wants to take turns fighting each invader then let us know. I recommend any host attempt to communicate their intentions and maybe the hunters will realize you are on the up and up. I have invaded the forest many times to initially think the host was alone and maybe wanted a good 1v1 - only to have a freaking Sunbro jump out :shock: from behind Alvina's house - now its become a 2v1

The only way for a host to really understand why hunters bang is to join the covenant - do a few invasions so you can to truly experience banging on a grand scale. Its nothing more frustrating than getting bum rushed by the same 2 or 3 havel wearing ninja flipping boulders wielding every type of weapon in the game (also nothing funnier than a huge havel wearing toon flipping around brandishing a small*** B Knife lol ) invasion after invasion.

Now in regards to hunters who turtle - I don't condone this type of behavior by any hunter (they are supposed to be swing their blade trying to turn you into sushi lol ) but some are simply trying to stay alive long enough for another hunter to arrive.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 am

As a hunter I can say this does happen, and I'm never happy about it. If I'm duelling someone and a forest hunter invades as soon as I see them try to interfere in the fight I roll out and point at the other hunter. I wait for the host to kill them, and I don't heal. After that I don't care if they heal, I'll duel them just like nothing had happened and keep myself at whatever health I was at for this reason. It's because of this also that if I see a hunter do something like that and backstab kill a host I immediately run for a cliff, so they can at least get some souls back. As Broke Mentioned, I have been tempted to do this myself. Earlier today I merely backstabbed a host because of his gear and stance, since it looked like he was casting TwoP, turned out he was using pray. Right after he got up I bowed and jumped clear off the cliff and sent him an apology message.

The forest turns good men into monsters. Usually I bow far away from the host for this very reason, hidden Summons are always a serious threat.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:55 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:tried gravelording that place, 20 seconds and i had a 3 v 1 me being the one, two forest, one vengence spirit and i still took out one of em with a friggin shield (this is my shield fighter build)

Sorry to hear you had two hunters attack you - us hunters are not supposed to attack GLs doing their thing in the forest. I have been trying to spread the word about the truce - hopefully it won't happen again. The host and his minions should be our only marks when we invade.

Apologies once more about being attacked.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:02 am

Tolvo wrote:As a hunter I can say this does happen, and I'm never happy about it. If I'm duelling someone and a forest hunter invades as soon as I see them try to interfere in the fight I roll out and point at the other hunter. I wait for the host to kill them, and I don't heal. After that I don't care if they heal, I'll duel them just like nothing had happened and keep myself at whatever health I was at for this reason. It's because of this also that if I see a hunter do something like that and backstab kill a host I immediately run for a cliff, so they can at least get some souls back. As Broke Mentioned, I have been tempted to do this myself. Earlier today I merely backstabbed a host because of his gear and stance, since it looked like he was casting TwoP, turned out he was using pray. Right after he got up I bowed and jumped clear off the cliff and sent him an apology message.

The forest turns good men into monsters. Usually I bow far away from the host for this very reason, hidden Summons are always a serious threat.

Tolvo - you are a gentleman and scholar - I commend you on your honorable behavior in such a chaotic place Proper Bow

Yeah - we must resist becoming what we most despise.

Good hunting with honor if possible!!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 am

Thank you, and the same back to you Mr. Willy. Prostration

By the way that trick has been going very well, my inbox has been full of hate mail from farmers, especially since I started using another trick with it.

I feel like if more people were on the forums possibly some of those hunters who learn the bad habits can be reasoned with an explained of how it only makes the situation worse.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 am

Tolvo wrote:By the way that trick has been going very well, my inbox has been full of hate mail from farmers, especially since I started using another trick with it.

I've joined the hunters and in between a few successes, I'm getting absolutely ganked, smashed, taunted -the usual. Its pretty demoralising sometimes. Unfortunately the Forest itself isn't helping much as most farmers with half a brain clear the step side and refuse to follow you into mushroom terrirtory. I'd love to know what this secret trick is, if anyone would like to divulge in PM. To the OP - I'll always wait if theres already a 1 v 1 taking place.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 am

Like pretty much everyone has already said, ganking goes both ways.

I won't relent on a host unless they appear to be in the mood for a 1v1, in which case I do something similar to what tolvo does. Step back and wait my turn if the other hunter persists.

I think my most hilarious death so far is when a host pretended to be AFK near alvina, I walked around him bow'd, praised the sun and so forth and just when I opened my menu to black crystal out of the area a sunbro came out of no where and hornet stabbed me to death in one hit and the host did a little jump for joy.

EH, take what you get in the forest and learn to laugh at yourself or you'll go nuts.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:23 am

Toastfacekillah wrote:

I've joined the hunters and in between a few successes, I'm getting absolutely ganked, smashed, taunted -the usual. Its pretty demoralising sometimes. Unfortunately the Forest itself isn't helping much as most farmers with half a brain clear the step side and refuse to follow you into mushroom terrirtory. I'd love to know what this secret trick is, if anyone would like to divulge in PM. To the OP - I'll always wait if theres already a 1 v 1 taking place.

Broke will probably be sending you a PM, and if he doesn't I still have it saved and can send it to you, along with a few tips of my own.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:32 am

Cool - thanks.The forest. 639795459
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:33 am

oh i'm a dm, i know all about being ganged for 3 straight hours. @yukon i know its a character flaw of mine, but i rarely have fun losing and take most everything seriously, so maby the forest isn't the place for me. I expect to win and losing because some dill hole double teamed me is infuriating. thats why i wait patiently in the open, by the cliff so they can confim i'm alone. no reason to gank me if i let you spend 5 min hunting for whites before the fight.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:40 am

Forum Pirate wrote:i wait patiently in the open, by the cliff

I used to that until it led to a great comedy death. Once while waiting for the invader, scanning the woods for him, I was stood a bit to close to the edge. Suddenly a drangonslayer arrow comes flying out of the trees and knocks me off! Crafty dude with RoF - I salute you.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:41 am

Ironic now that I think of it, the reason I left darkmoons was because I didn't like being ganked by cocky hosts who 'well what is this'd' all over my dead corpse after a chain BS or a WoG 3v1, AND THEN I joined the forest covenant and now I just giggle to myself after every stupid defeat I face.

I have been host in the forest a few times too, so I do know what you are talking about, the difficulty is that its hard for people to know your intentions. You can't really risk bowing or you'll get emote-stabbed.. But if you don't bow then usually its seen as a sign of hostility, and then there are the people that hide by the trents until they see another hunter has invaded. Maybe you might have more luck with fights just outside the if you haven't already killed the butterfly. I recall them being pretty frequent and people are usually a little more level headed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 am

i always bow given a chance, if i wanted to gank, i'd have phantoms and i want my intentions to be as clear as possible. anyone who manages a bs while i bow is just as bad as the farmers and gets chain bsed or a wakeup fire tempest for being a prick.

My point is i don't assume player x will gank me and if i'm not waiting at the spawn point, i'd like to see others extend that courtesy.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 am

I feel like a doctrine needs to be written up and signed by members of the forest PvP community haha.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:12 am

The same could be said of every player to player focused covenant tolvo, haha. Sunbro's, wraiths, darkmoons... with probably the exception of Gravelords. All of them have their nasty players.

You must have edited your post pirate, or I am losing my memory. Just a thought that the time of day might have an effect on what your invaders are like. Also I know there are frequent duels in burg and they are usually decent If you are looking more specifically for duels. But then, you probably already know all this haha. If you don't mind my curiousity why were you interested in the forest for pvp, was it just due to frequency of invasions?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:28 am

to improve, just because i can duel in the burg doesn't mean i can scrap in the forest, but i know my limits and the 3v1s are beyond my ability most times, so i host. my problem is the healing @ being jumped mid fight. winning because you healed is like winning because the opponent rolled of a cliff, no skill required.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:34 am

I've got to say from my experience, you don't want to get used to the 3v1's, I've got to say I can kill most 3v1 groups now, but if I find myself in an actual duel I usually get killed simply because of the skill of my enemy. It isn't that doing 3v1's is more skill full, it's just a completely different type of combat to get used to.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 am

^^ i'm going to use that as my excuse as to why you schooled me in the lower burg, pirate.

And ignore the fact that I get my *** kicked in the forest too.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Toastfacekillah wrote:Cool - thanks.The forest. 639795459

Toastfacekillah - I love that Wu-Tang like moniker!! Check your messages on the forum - sent you some info.

Good hunting!!!

Last edited by Brokewilly on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:49 am