Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

'cause the forest is not all bad!

Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

'cause the forest is not all bad! Empty 'cause the forest is not all bad!

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:26 am

I just wanted to share this, I don't know why but with a lot of threads where people complain about forest farmers and about forest hunters, I felt like spreading a bit of optimism star :

Yesterday evening I noticed I had too much humanity for my taste... I knew I would probably lose it if I went for Sif (I need that ring.. I feel so sad when I have to fight Sif, tho 🇳🇴 ), so I turned human and hosted in the forest - ALONE - for an hour, more or less. This is what happened:

- first two hunters were AFK hunters and both spawned at the stairs. After waiting for a bit to make sure they were really AFK, I proceeded with the dark hand and then kicked them off the cliff. :suspect:

- I ran to the NPC's mage and back again to the stairs to make him jump down, when another hunter invades. So I'm fighting both the hunter and the mage when a DW spawns on the stairs. She watched for a bit what was going on and then killed herself jumping off the cliff, and both me and the hunter got souls for free. cheers

- The next invasions were a mix of hunters and DW, some of them just BSed me, but with the most of them (maybe because they saw I was alone) I had some really cool duels. 3 times I got killed when the invader had -I think- 1HP left (I couldn't even see the red in their healthbar). :roll:

- 1 hunter did something weird. He spawned at the stairs, used Homing Soulmass 3-4 times, then ran towards the trees and BCed out... what the..? :shock:

- Once I had to pick up the phone, in the other room, so I lost track of what was happening to my toon for 1 minute. When I got back and looked at the screen I found a DW waiting beside me... just waiting for me! So i bowed and she did too and we started big grin

All in all I had a REALLY fun hosting night, big thanks to all the hunters and DW that I met. Hope to meet you again. 'cause the forest is not all bad! 945058907
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

'cause the forest is not all bad! Empty Re: 'cause the forest is not all bad!

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:29 am

Man I'm missing out on all the fun! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the forest, hopefully we'll get to duel in the forest some time. Are you on psn or xbl?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:30 am

I'm glad you had a good time. Because this post reflects positively upon the hunters, I'm willing to accept this as a post full of truth! Some nights are good, some nights are bad. That's how it is when dealing with random strangers online. I'm happy you had a fun time, PvP can be great when everyone's willing to have a lot of fun without having to cause others grief. cheers
    Bito
    Bito

Post by Bito Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:41 am

hosted in the forest last night with my Falchion and SK Sword (Alone) , get a lot of invader yey big grin
    it was so fun that most of them are good fighter
    i think that not all invader and host in the forest are bad guy
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:47 am

Whenever I find a solo host in the forest waiting for duels, I usually drop them a humanity or two actually. I want these guys sticking around, if they kill me I keep coming back dropping humanity each time.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:57 am

I'm on PSN happy I'm going to New londo with my main girl now, but I think I will place my 2° lady in the forest for the time being. I still die a lot with her, in pvp cheers She's a GL so I'll try to spread misery meanwhile but it's nearly impossible 'cause invasions in the Forest are so fast I nevre get the chance to use the eye!

[Failed to mention I was a forest hunter myself for a very long time and I loved it, but 90% of the times I just met gankers.]
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 am

Don't let the gankers discourage you, there's always good times to be had while invading. big grin
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:05 am

I know, but I wanted to try different covenants, since I started DS I've pretty much always been a FH or a DM 'cause the forest is not all bad! 2667844452
    So this time I'm going for DW and GL winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:08 am

I actually have one toon in every covenant, so I know how you feel haha. Jumping from a DM in Sens, to a FH at SL 120, to a DW invading Anor Londo, then over to my GL in New Londo, it's great to get a wide variety of PvP experiences.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:11 am

I don't know why but a GL in New Londo sounds pretty scary :affraid:
    I really hope I won't meet any BP down there...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:20 am

BP Dark Wraiths appear down there, and it can be quite scary. I'm not sure, but there might be BP ghosts in the upper half.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 am

Tolvo wrote:BP Dark Wraiths appear down there, and it can be quite scary. I'm not sure, but there might be BP ghosts in the upper half.

Ghost and phantom all in one enemy is too much.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:34 am

I know, that's why I'm hoping there are some. It helps force people to invade us Gravelords. big grin
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:36 am

I really hope you're not on PSN and you're not gravelording today/tomorrow in there.
    Here, I sacrifice a Pony to you. 'cause the forest is not all bad! 3423707751
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:38 am

I am, and I will be. But you'll only get cursed if you're in my level range.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:42 am

I'll be there at lvl 160 'cause the forest is not all bad! 3149687655
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 am

Seeing as I am SL93, you and I have nothing to worry about then. silly
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 am

Mmmh. I'll watch my back anyway. big grin
    A lady can never be too cautious. lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 am

Wait a second, you're a woman? I just assumed you were a man making female toons like so many. Where have all of these females been coming from? How can a man sit on the couch shritless eating bacon bits while watching wrestling with women around! This site is obviously going down the toilet because of this, I demand affirmative action!

There was something funny in there and something satirically sexist, I don't know which is which, so I'll either let you decide, or the moderator who gives me a warning for my failure of a joke. big grin
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 am

lol!
    I am female and I also shirtless take on silver knights, not drinking beer meanwhile just because it slows my reflexes bounce
    I once worked in a videogame store and in a comics store, so bow down before me, the crazy cat nerd lady! 'cause the forest is not all bad! 3248139268

(was the shirtless part too sexist? big grin )
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:28 am

I don't know, but it sure was funny! Too bad people can only rep up so many times a day.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:43 am

Why do some men make female toons and dress them with havel armor, anyway? Then you kill her and hear this "aaaaaah" scream and realize she was female!
    Also, why do some men make male toons and dress them with gowns?

:suspect:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 am

Uh, I currently have a toon who dual wields claws, has the fattest possible body, and wears just Logan's undies and shoes. It's quite fun. silly
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 am

Is it male or female? big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:50 am

Male, he's a ginger too with a huge nose and a tiny mouth, big dark circles around bright blue eyes. Sometimes I just see how stupid I can make a character look, and I always find a new way. Usually I either make a super ugly character, or a character that while hollow is literally pitch black.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:02 pm