Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 32 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Broke will make an excellent ambassador. Let them know we are prepared to rule the forest with a wooden fist!

Skare - thanks for the words of support. I let cloud know about me being the ambassador for the forest hunters - will monitor that thread to make sure the top-posted is updated.

Oh yes!! Our wooden fists will pummel all campers until they leave the forest never to return.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Im finally good to go after I get finished up here ill be playing need to sharpen my skill and get warmed up
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:25 pm

nsane32 wrote:Im finally good to go after I get finished up here ill be playing need to sharpen my skill and get warmed up

Roger that - glad to see you are ready for duty. Many, many campers to kill, maim, destroy, murder, disembowel, dismember, etc - you get the picture:twisted: . Hopefully, I will be able to join you in some forest defense.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:54 pm

I forgot the beauty of forest pvp xD 1v3's, Lagstabs, Bs fishing only, muhahahah I LOVE IT! But that could be because im only the manliest man that wears tights
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 pm

TehInfamousAmos wrote:I forgot the beauty of forest pvp xD 1v3's, Lagstabs, Bs fishing only, muhahahah I LOVE IT! But that could be because im only the manliest man that wears tights

HA HA lol! I heard that!! Nothing wrong with tights - they make you aerodynamic in battle.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Story time!

2v1, I dragged the fight over to the bridge that leads to the basin and the hydra. Caught the phantom with a tempest that was cut short by a soul spear. It left me with 15 casts so I just fasted again and caught both of them, knocking the phantom into the water and killing him. Host flasks and I use humanity before moving to the fog end of the bridge. Host uses fire surge and I end up pinned. When I rolled through the fire surge without taking damage I started hacking at his life. He cues up his own storm and I know I'll die if it hits, so I rolls against him trying to get to his back. I take no damage and just GC him when it's over and I won.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Well done. Don't see surge a lot.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Ok fellow resistance fighters - here are few more vids for your laughter, tears, shouts of joy, etc. The sound on these videos are kinda out of sync still tweaking my recording set-up. Well lets get right to it then.

Roll the tape....

In this invasion I basically got my butt handed to me - no if and or buts about it. I could not get it together in this invasion and was taken advantage of like a 5 year old. I can hear y'all laughing at old Broke now lol I guess you can't win 'em all.

https://youtu.be/cWjpa0u1N40

In this invasion it is utter chaos. I am running and flipping around trying to figure these two campers out. The trees are going crazy so I'm like well I guess its going to be one of those invasions when anything can happen. Another hunter invades and takes out the host so I'm like "Thank you Alvina - help has arrived cheers " because the phantom almost got me with that freaking Zwei, Claymore whatever it was. Forest Covenant came out on top by a whisker.

https://youtu.be/5ETymOTOxfA

I had invaded this camper earlier I think. Another qausi-chaotic fight - I used the trents and CSS to seal the deal. I could have easily gotten killed in this invasion - Alvina must have been saying a prayer for old Broke.

https://youtu.be/Ln_-dhFLDvU

This fight is a long one but like I have said before "I rather have a long fight and die than a short one and live". This camper was armed with a Mura so I knew I was not going toe-to-toe with him (I know the Mura strengths and weakness very well - better than the farmer I think twisted ). I was not going toe-to-toe with a Mura until I chose to do so. This camper quickly killed a newbie hunter (It looked like the hunter was armed with a Drake sword) who pretty much ran to this death (right into a TWoP and weapon buff :shock: ). I knew I had to be patient with this camper and not try to trade hits - so I took my time and studied him as I fought him. The camper also kinda got me perturbed when he answered my bow by buffing his Mura - now that is down right disrespectful :evil: . It was a good win for Alvina's clan.

https://youtu.be/aYBwYGE_LSc

Trying to get better people, just trying to get better. As always learn from my mistakes but remember fight hard and die with honor - that is all Alvina asks of us.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:42 am

@Broke

First fight you hung back for to long and let the host get comfy. You also let him have field control.

Second fight you had so many openings to rush them while they were distracted. If you had nailed the host when the 2 treents had him distracted you would have staggered him, leaving him to the treents' attack

Third fight your hunting buddy was kinda a lost cause. Seriously I thought he'd be wiser than to get so close. Good use of treents this round though.

Final fight your ally had a Qualaag's. You gave him time to relax and even possibly change equipment. You gave way to him and let the fool flask. This is a duel though, so I can understand prolonging the fun. However if it was me I would never stop pressuring.

Your playstyle is extremely defensive. Thats all well in good but if your going against gankers you want to atleast turn it into a fight of attrition, forcing them to waste for the next hunter to hopefully get the kill. In duels your very lax with your opponent, and that can lead you getting tricked or surprised. My suggestion is to be assertive. With your shield up get close to them and circle them tightly. Force them into your step, your tempo. If you let them get comfy they'll be less likely to make a mistake for you to use. You showed you could outmaneuver the mura user in the last vid. You could have easily punished all his WotGs with rolling attacks. For every missed running attack you could have smacked his head. The last kill was through your sly use of the hosts lack of knowledge, overconfidence in a miracle, and HUGE opening.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:23 am

Lookin good Willy
    I'm doing alot off forrest hunting lately, have to say I stink at avoiding backstabs
    I can see them comming and fishing for it and cant avoid it always being lag stabt or from an angle that's nearly impossible
    Tried rolling strafing switching in other directions and alway I get Bs'd
    I watched al the vid on you tube and I know what to do but it doesn't seem to work

Oh well........
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 am

It'll just take practice, a great way to do that is get a friend, both of you use fists, and work on backstabbing eachother, while not getting backstabbed. Best done in a low traffic zone.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:15 am

had a good run tonight 15 dead farmers use the mushroom men alot to even the numbers the only bad thing that happend today is another forest hunter left me to die with 2 farmer but other than that ive been doing good switched to my great sword been enjoining that now I just need to work on my backstabbing and ill be good
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:29 am

nsane32 wrote:had a good run tonight 15 dead farmers use the mushroom men alot to even the numbers the only bad thing that happend today is another forest hunter left me to die with 2 farmer but other than that ive been doing good switched to my great sword been enjoining that now I just need to work on my backstabbing and ill be good

Nsane - good job. Yeah - I have dealt with a hunter leaving my butt to die. Also, I have running into a lot ATK hunters - man these hunters need to pay attention to what they are doing. Take the freaking ring off if you are not actively playing the game.

Good hunting!!
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 am

Tolvo wrote:It'll just take practice, a great way to do that is get a friend, both of you use fists, and work on backstabbing eachother, while not getting backstabbed. Best done in a low traffic zone.

Yeah - Tolvo is correct that is the best way to learn how to avoid BSs. Luckily - I have honorable camper who gives me regular BS avoidance and parry session (with fists) when I invade him. He is a stand-up dude - a rare breed in my opinion.

And the war continues......

TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 am

Broke, it was a 3v1 I managed the Mushroom jump while a sunbro failed it... 2v1 now a forest invader invades big grin is my face, I then run back and stunlock the crap outta the other phant after a parry with my Murakumo an then my forest hunter BSC's out while I get hornet ring backstabbed by mr I HAVE A CHAOS ZWEIHANDER+5, Im the best here.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 am

cloudyeki wrote:@Broke

First fight you hung back for to long and let the host get comfy. You also let him have field control.

Second fight you had so many openings to rush them while they were distracted. If you had nailed the host when the 2 treents had him distracted you would have staggered him, leaving him to the treents' attack

Third fight your hunting buddy was kinda a lost cause. Seriously I thought he'd be wiser than to get so close. Good use of treents this round though.

Final fight your ally had a Qualaag's. You gave him time to relax and even possibly change equipment. You gave way to him and let the fool flask. This is a duel though, so I can understand prolonging the fun. However if it was me I would never stop pressuring.

Your playstyle is extremely defensive. Thats all well in good but if your going against gankers you want to atleast turn it into a fight of attrition, forcing them to waste for the next hunter to hopefully get the kill. In duels your very lax with your opponent, and that can lead you getting tricked or surprised. My suggestion is to be assertive. With your shield up get close to them and circle them tightly. Force them into your step, your tempo. If you let them get comfy they'll be less likely to make a mistake for you to use. You showed you could outmaneuver the mura user in the last vid. You could have easily punished all his WotGs with rolling attacks. For every missed running attack you could have smacked his head. The last kill was through your sly use of the hosts lack of knowledge, overconfidence in a miracle, and HUGE opening.

Cloud - thanks for the feedback. I still have a long way to go. On that last fight - it was so enjoyable I really did not want it to end. I enjoyed making him use everything to try to kill me, I wanted him to give it his all before I evicted his butt. Yeah - I could have pressed him but I knew this guy was full himself since he had probably been killing invaders all day by stun-locking them to oblivion. In short I used his lack of knowledge of the Mura and the fact I was quicker than he was against him. Plus I knew once he got frustrated enough he would make a mistake (by casting TWoP right before the end of the fight). By observation I knew he could not parry me with that shield and camper wore cloth armor (probably because he was carrying that heavy shield and the Mura). That is fight I am going to cherish for a long time - I don't think the camper thought I could kill him (that is probably why he indicted me twisted ). He probably thought I was afraid to fight him to his own detriment.

The learning continues.....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 am

Sorry if I insta-murdered any of you with velkas rapier a few days ago, its a bs/parry build and i can't duel with rapiers yet. working on it.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:23 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Sorry if I insta-murdered any of you with velkas rapier a few days ago, its a bs/parry build and i can't duel with rapiers yet. working on it.

Forum Pirate - should we classify you as frenemy (camper and forest invader, swing both ways, etc) or just an enemy?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 am

Oh i host in the forest when i'm tired of being ganked but i do so alone.

My "camping" is done in the big open spot near the cliff so players who spawn at the stairs or next to alvina can clearly see me.

I just wait for the invader to do their anti-white rounds and come duel me.

I indict only the invaders that gang up on me. (in the forest)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:36 am

Sounds like good conduct to me.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Oh i host in the forest when i'm tired of being ganked but i do so alone.

My "camping" is done in the big open spot near the cliff so players who spawn at the stairs or next to alvina can clearly see me.

I just wait for the invader to do their anti-white rounds and come duel me.

I indict only the invaders that gang up on me. (in the forest)

Sounds very honorable and reasonable. I have no problem with that. You are gentleman and a scholar in my book.For the Glory of Alvina - Page 32 945058907
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 am

Forum_Pirate.....sounds cool to me too

Broke....keep em coming.

Rather than double dog dare post:

EDIT: I did some forest invading briefly between attempting to fight Tolvo and successfully fighting Gargoyle-Man (which went extemely well) and have a great story to share. I invaded a guy and do the usual look around. I see a host fighting a blue over by the clearing at Alvina's house. Host wins and doesn't move back to the stairs so I think...."YES...Duel." It worked out perfect as I was trying to record one for Tolvo (which will come up later). I buff my scythe with the lemon fresh power of the sun and bow from a distance. He's a Lifehunt guy but apparently isn't sure how to use it. He was able to chip me a few times but I didn't ever feel in any real danger. I keep my space like I usually do and work him down and make him heal a couple times. For some reason I start watching the fight through my phone.....got sloppy and then YOU DIED. Crap.

I invade the guy again almost immediately. This time I see he has a gold. They're fighting a blue int he clearing and I rush in. The blue gets killed by the gold but I'm already committed to the charge. Running as fast as I can to the host I switch to two handed. The phantom tries to turn and cut me off but was caught at the end of a gesture and has no chance. The host is backstepping wildly.....
    I jump with scythe glistening gloriously in the moonlight raised over my head.....
    I hear Alvina begin to purr in the distance...yes....Yes...YES!!!

He disappears as I hit the ground.....disconnected from his world conveniently. Guess I made an impression the first time despite losing
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Forum_Pirate.....sounds cool to me too

Broke....keep em coming.

Rather than double dog dare post:

EDIT: I did some forest invading briefly between attempting to fight Tolvo and successfully fighting Gargoyle-Man (which went extemely well) and have a great story to share. I invaded a guy and do the usual look around. I see a host fighting a blue over by the clearing at Alvina's house. Host wins and doesn't move back to the stairs so I think...."YES...Duel." It worked out perfect as I was trying to record one for Tolvo (which will come up later). I buff my scythe with the lemon fresh power of the sun and bow from a distance. He's a Lifehunt guy but apparently isn't sure how to use it. He was able to chip me a few times but I didn't ever feel in any real danger. I keep my space like I usually do and work him down and make him heal a couple times. For some reason I start watching the fight through my phone.....got sloppy and then YOU DIED. Crap.

I invade the guy again almost immediately. This time I see he has a gold. They're fighting a blue int he clearing and I rush in. The blue gets killed by the gold but I'm already committed to the charge. Running as fast as I can to the host I switch to two handed. The phantom tries to turn and cut me off but was caught at the end of a gesture and has no chance. The host is backstepping wildly.....
    I jump with scythe glistening gloriously in the moonlight raised over my head.....
    I hear Alvina begin to purr in the distance...yes....Yes...YES!!!

He disappears as I hit the ground.....disconnected from his world conveniently. Guess I made an impression the first time despite losing

I hate when a camper disconnects - they should take their beating with pride if that is the outcome. They came into the forest and we are only doing our jobs. You need to place that camper in a special section of your bingo book for future reference.

Good job scaring his butt away. Can't wait to see the vids.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Alright, I just ended up in a reserve gank of epic proportions. I arrive to catch the host kill a hunter. Host freaks and runs to the stairs to summon. I see 'summoning dark spirit' and think 'bugger, fool wants to cheat then I'll burn him'. I run over and see the dark spirit and he walks my way and acts super polite. 'huh' and then he runs after the host and starts trying to bs him. moments later a 2nd hunter joins in. So now the host is probably sh*tting himself and stays on the bridge. I laugh and the red hides behind the wall. I let him stunlock me and then I run out of Alvina's with the host behind me. I then laugh as karma gets him with a GLGS through the chest.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Currently filming now silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:43 pm