Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+38
Parrotperil
TehInfamousAmos
sunbro
Saturnine Knight
Quarik
Rin
Rynoa
reim0027
Yarxov
eninala
cloudyeki
DarkW17
Bamjam
cjmully
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
ChizFreak
Ignus-Dej
DJ_XHERO
dominoboy
WyrmHero
skarekrow13
Toastfacekillah
Forum Pirate
ViralEnsign_
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
User
Emergence
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Brokewilly
Yukon
Spurgun
barecanvas
befowler
aceluby
nsane32
Tolvo
strangejoy
42 posters

For the Glory of Alvina

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

For the Glory of Alvina - Page 33 Empty Re: For the Glory of Alvina

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I only got two.....one to prove to Tolvo I could wear tights. It's hard to see much and I couldn't edit names out so I will post if I can do that via YouTube. I asked Eki for permission because I got one of ours too. Sadly my battery ran out of juice on my phone for the last couple which were out best. In suitable Broke style (stealing it cause I like it), explanation first then vid. Sorry Eki, quality sucks a bit. This was our first fight of the night and we didn't really have a winner so we could heal up and go again without hassle.

Some formalities first then you see I always like to figure out a little about my opponent well before I take a swing. Looks like I dance a lot. It's hard to see but some of the rolls were because he was showing pyro and much better at it than campers. I tried to use range to my advantage but the jerk is good with a halberd so I also had to try to make him whiff which was not easy.

Eki and Skare round 1

I'd say overall we were pretty evenly matched. He's a lot faster at reacting than campers too. That fight I was using Cloranthy ring to let me recover quicker but had to switch to wood grain for speed in the later rounds. I literally have not seen a forest host who understood that "guy running maniacally at me with an upraised scythe" means you should get out of the way. Typically they try to block or move back. Gargoyle-Man always rolled at me and I had to adapt and use my change of direction skills I used to practice a lot.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 pm

It's the quality of the fight that matters. That scythe of yours has a death radius I swear. Please tell me you got the other fights.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 pm

My battery went kaput....This one was good but nothing like the rest of them. Sorry man
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Dang. prep it for tonight? We could Duel in PW again.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Might have to for a bit. Probably should put on my tights for a bit and/or make some fine trades while I'm at it too.

I chopped off the beginning where I'm summoned and he kills the other hunter so no names are present. Another hunter came in about ten seconds before the end of the fight and this is removed as well. Since it only showed me dying, no great loss right?

Skare scares a camper (but loses)

If you go to my channel after watching these you should also check out my Prism Stone Fiesta I did awhile back if you haven't seen it yet
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:01 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I only got two.....one to prove to Tolvo I could wear tights. It's hard to see much and I couldn't edit names out so I will post if I can do that via YouTube. I asked Eki for permission because I got one of ours too. Sadly my battery ran out of juice on my phone for the last couple which were out best. In suitable Broke style (stealing it cause I like it), explanation first then vid. Sorry Eki, quality sucks a bit. This was our first fight of the night and we didn't really have a winner so we could heal up and go again without hassle.

Some formalities first then you see I always like to figure out a little about my opponent well before I take a swing. Looks like I dance a lot. It's hard to see but some of the rolls were because he was showing pyro and much better at it than campers. I tried to use range to my advantage but the jerk is good with a halberd so I also had to try to make him whiff which was not easy.

Eki and Skare round 1

I'd say overall we were pretty evenly matched. He's a lot faster at reacting than campers too. That fight I was using Cloranthy ring to let me recover quicker but had to switch to wood grain for speed in the later rounds. I literally have not seen a forest host who understood that "guy running maniacally at me with an upraised scythe" means you should get out of the way. Typically they try to block or move back. Gargoyle-Man always rolled at me and I had to adapt and use my change of direction skills I used to practice a lot.

Skare - now that was a good fight!! Your level of skill with that darn GS is exemplaryFor the Glory of Alvina - Page 33 945058907 - one day it is my wish to obtain your skill level with that weapon. I can see how deadly it is when used by a knowledgable person.

Keep the vids coming.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:11 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Might have to for a bit. Probably should put on my tights for a bit and/or make some fine trades while I'm at it too.

I chopped off the beginning where I'm summoned and he kills the other hunter so no names are present. Another hunter came in about ten seconds before the end of the fight and this is removed as well. Since it only showed me dying, no great loss right?

If you go to my channel after watching these you should also check out my Prism Stone Fiesta I did awhile back if you haven't seen it yet

Skare - you had this camper beat - Alvina says you cannot take your eyes off the action again:lol: . Your 1H use of the GS is amazing!! It appears you do a 1H attack, recover, move(circle), attack, recover, etc. Then due to the prior damage you have inflicted you know the camper will have the heal - when that occurs you use a 2H running attack. Simply a beautiful display of martial arts.

As soon as I reach some other milestones I am going to start training and fighting with the GS in earnest. No more experimenting with it - I am going to use it as my main primary weapon during invasions. This weapon is a game changer if used correctly.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:17 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Might have to for a bit. Probably should put on my tights for a bit and/or make some fine trades while I'm at it too.

Skare - what in the world??? How long did it take you to drop 1,000 prism stones and what location in the game is that? That is really something to see - were you really looking for an 8th color?

Never seen anything like that before - very artistic I must say
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks Broke. The problem I keep having is I know they're gonna heal but the stamina is a killer with this thing and they get away with it. Often I don't have enough left to run and attack fast enough. That's why I throw a poison knife at them when they do. Kind of my way of saying "You d***weed!" The best is when they just keep running. I can get 'em then.

Ha ha! My first crazy thing to do with lore and it's an indication of the rants to come I suppose. I really was trying to find an eighth color. That's right outside the door to the depths. I would buy 99 from the Female Undead Merchant, run down and drop the lot near the stairs and repeat until I actually had 10 sets of 99 on the ground and 1 on hand. I then dropped and looked, dropped and looked, dropped and looked......about 1,000 times. You can see a huge white pyre in the video near the base of the steps. That's 100 thrown in the exact same spot to see if that triggered an eighth color. I read on another wiki that there are eight colors but I think they're crazy. I never saw one. Although I keep forgetting to look at the ones Patches drops. Prior to this I littered 99 in Anor Londo and about 80 in the Duke's archive, also looking for the "very rare eighth."

I say "about" up above because after nine and a half hundred or somewhere in there the game no longer showed the animation. That bare patch in the video I was never able to fill in all the way. The character would reach, throw, item count go down and.....nothing. I ended up moving to Firelink to throw the last one I needed to have 1,000 thrown simultaneously. Also, the choppiness of the video is lag from having that many. That video shows precisely how I was moving
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Good news everyone! I've found my camera so I can record my own hunts. I die often when it come down to group fights but when I get into the fight I ain't stopping.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:55 pm

If it's better than my phone you're recording our fights from now on.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Sure thing. Though it's gonna need to charge. I got I think 2 really good fights but no way to edit out the names. So I guess I'll cut out the summoning part.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Thanks Broke. The problem I keep having is I know they're gonna heal but the stamina is a killer with this thing and they get away with it. Often I don't have enough left to run and attack fast enough. That's why I throw a poison knife at them when they do. Kind of my way of saying "You d***weed!" The best is when they just keep running. I can get 'em then.

Ha ha! My first crazy thing to do with lore and it's an indication of the rants to come I suppose. I really was trying to find an eighth color. That's right outside the door to the depths. I would buy 99 from the Female Undead Merchant, run down and drop the lot near the stairs and repeat until I actually had 10 sets of 99 on the ground and 1 on hand. I then dropped and looked, dropped and looked, dropped and looked......about 1,000 times. You can see a huge white pyre in the video near the base of the steps. That's 100 thrown in the exact same spot to see if that triggered an eighth color. I read on another wiki that there are eight colors but I think they're crazy. I never saw one. Although I keep forgetting to look at the ones Patches drops. Prior to this I littered 99 in Anor Londo and about 80 in the Duke's archive, also looking for the "very rare eighth."

I say "about" up above because after nine and a half hundred or somewhere in there the game no longer showed the animation. That bare patch in the video I was never able to fill in all the way. The character would reach, throw, item count go down and.....nothing. I ended up moving to Firelink to throw the last one I needed to have 1,000 thrown simultaneously. Also, the choppiness of the video is lag from having that many. That video shows precisely how I was moving

Skare - in regards to your lack of stamina after using the GS. Have you tried to change over to a faster bleed weapon like: Uchi,Iato (my fav twisted ), p. sword, etc if you need to close the distance and attack. They may have healed but the bleed effect is still active - your objective is to keep them from using a blossom, divine blessing, etc by killing them with bleed. A smaller bleed weapon does not require as much stamina to attack and I hope you are popping stamina grass like crazy. One of your combat objectives would be to keep grass consumption as high as possible. I make routine visits to the vendor at Sen's to buy more - I use grass a lot 8) . With the grass active it may give you just that much more stamina to attack with a smaller bleed weapon in order to kill your opponent. You might have already thought of all this though so tell me to be quiet if need be lol!

I am getting better with stamina mgmt (struggling but trying 😢 ) - I watch my stamina bar more than I watch my health bar now.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Currently uploading Men in Tights, Merry Vengeance | Episode 1

My Revenge series on my MiT Char
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Those are all good ideas. I have grass (i know a guy) but usually forget it. I should whip out my Priscilla's dagger. Have the all wacky combo. I typically have my bow as backup but find I'm not really using it a lot.

Amos, looking forward to it
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:35 pm

haha it is 30% uploaded, i will link when it is done
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 pm

https://youtu.be/_irwUhSxYy4

Not the real debut of Gargoyle man, but a show of how fire crazy I can be twisted
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Cloud you should actually film more often, while the sound is a bit odd with the rain that's actually pretty decent quality. Very nice tossing of balls, but you did get a bit wreckless and started using them while too close.

How much dex does that character have by the way? Because your casting looked pretty fast.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:01 pm

50 dex, and I keep forgetting to unlock to floor toss. though the upclose tree hit are on purpose, I was aiming to catch him by surprise with the blast. I'm using my digital camera on a tripod to record, and in all honesty the rain helped me keep my cool.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Also, I don't listen to that song or band or anything...Not at all, I'm a man!

You know, 45 dex is the cap for casting speed. silly
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:04 pm

I know, I just wanted more damage for my trusty halberd silly it's actually my highest stat, the rest hang around 40-ish except faith, resistance, and attunement
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Those are all good ideas. I have grass (i know a guy) but usually forget it. I should whip out my Priscilla's dagger. Have the all wacky combo. I typically have my bow as backup but find I'm not really using it a lot.

Amos, looking forward to it

Yes!! - I forgot about the p. dagger - that would work just fine twisted , especially if you could buff it quickly. A quick change over to the p. dagger with a stamina grass active should allow you kill them even while they are healing. You may even can get off a BS if you are close enough.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:14 pm

cloudyeki wrote:https://youtu.be/_irwUhSxYy4

Not the real debut of Gargoyle man, but a show of how fire crazy I can be twisted

Excellent use of pyromancy!!! Praise the Sun You really need to post more videos that was intense twisted The teamwork was right on par. Now I can understand your style of play - extremely aggressive. A lot of hosts are not fully prepared for that type of intense fighting - the whole bout basically went off like a bomb.

I implore you to keep them coming.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Broke, join us on the aggressive side!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Aye, one is uploading now. The file is so big though it's gonna take... 40 more minutes. and the true debut is gonna need to be converted before I attempt to upload it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:54 am