Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sentiel
Walter_White
FinPeku
twigsterxd
8 posters

NA and EU tournament

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

NA and EU tournament Empty NA and EU tournament

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:34 pm

I'm thinking of hosting either an sl 75 or 120 tournament. I'm looking for anyone on the EU server who wouldn't mind doing the same. Not 100% sure wut type of tourney yet but am looking for suggestions. My last tournament was an sl 75 where I gave out the weapons and it went well. Unfortunately I can't do that now because I don't have a mule to create the same tournament.
    I do have some ideas on wut I'd like to do but want some input.
    I could run the tournament anytime of the day. I was thinking a 7pm est start, but I could also run something earlier for those who aren't online at that time.
    If you are interested and/or have suggestions, please post here. Be sure to include your psn if you aren't on my list already. Once we have enough people interested, I'll set it all up.
    For those who are looking for the date, it will be determined later. It would be a friday or saturday.
    Also, if anyone is willing to capture these, it would be appreciated.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

NA and EU tournament Empty Re: NA and EU tournament

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 am

Demon's Souls PVP is usually hosted at sl120-130. The range allows for finishing touches on certain builds. Typically, the rules are no grassing, 2 pre fight buffs, no spellswap.

I could be intersested depending on the rules. You may want to get input from Saturday Saint, as I would consider him to be the resident DeS PVP authority.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:22 am

While sat is a good player, he's not the only one I'd consider to be Demon's souls authority. To be honest if you set the date back a week or two it could make it better for participation and planning.

Also i remember there was a small EU fightclub a while back, using some of the rules from this might be a decent idea:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t21268-demons-souls-offical-fight-club
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:38 am

cheers bounce Joy bounce cheers 

I'm in!

PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    EU

Some thoughts/suggestions:
    Rules: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t23035-boletarian-travel-guide#484522
    look at the Even Playground spoiler.
    Allow SC and rings / ct buffs
    Allow 2 buffs, bow, fight, bow
    Allow all weapons/buffs
    no Hypermode (just a suggestion, i know on NA server this is not an issue, but on EU it is frowned upon)
    No grass is nothing one has to say, we want fights under 20 mins.

I can host for EU, but would like to have a second one, so we can change and i can fight some duels.

SL120-130 is the meta, i would suggest to go for it. 75 i don't have on EU and don't have space for more (three SL120-130 for FC and one SL32 for low level PvP - won't change that)

4-1 is the best PvP spot - can't think of an better place. Perhaps 1-2 after killing the dragon, but it's tight there. 3-1 behind the balista is a PITA to get there. 2-1 where the dogs attack you might be another spot one could use.

Some things to think of if we do it Friday in 4-1:
    The EU Friday Night FC is there - we can hook on them, or not use the wall where the first skeleton is for summon signs.

If we go for Saturday, i can only take part every 2nd WE. This WE i can, next one not, and so on.

Don't make any special event - we all haven't played for a long time, or are new to Demons Souls and haven't had an event before. So it's not boring to make a usual 120-130, 4-1, everything goes event (is spellswapping working in DeS?).

If anything is needed for the event i can dupe everything (even the not dropable items) for anybody in the EU Version.

come on - sign in, that'll be great fun!

@ serious:
    that rules and the spot where crap! There was never a working FC!
    2-1 is not Latria, it is Stonefang. The place is crap, no SC is crap
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:52 am

Lol, I admittedly copied over the thread without looking at it, I presumed it was just up and functioning silly

Maybe you should try setting up an EU fightclub then? You've got it all planned out by the looks of it and I'm sure there are willing players. I know I'd be up for it happy
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:11 am

i already got a FC i fight in every WE - the EU friday night FC in 4-1
    there are 5-20 very nice people every friday - can invite everybody who wants to join to the chat
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:37 am

Walter
    So I don't ruin friday fc, we can do it saturday unless the people in fc wish to change.
    My last tournament was in 2-1 and it wasn't that bad. I was thinking of the area in 1-1 where miralda is but realized that people would need pw or pbwt to open the gate.
    Some rules I had were sc once or use 1 new grass. Buffing aloud, no magic cause of spammers, no hyper, no clever rat ring or morion. I also didn't allow dual weilding because they are tough to beat if you don't know how.

@crbngville2 I would like input from Saint. But, as serious said, he's not the only one who knows this. I've run many tournaments before. I just like to get other ideas so not to make boring repetitive ones.

I'll check out those links and since I'm creating my sl 120, I'll look for a good spot.
    What do you guys think of 4-1 by sparkly. A push off the hill match? You lose once you're pushed off. Or, above the 1st fog where the 2 archers are? Same rule, get knocked off you lose. Off course it be a best 2 out of 3.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 am

No healing is fine in a FC, but in a tournament allowing 2-3 grass heals would not be a bad idea. The phantom range and the insane damage output basically anything buffed has in DeS will surprise many people if they haven't had a lot of DeS PvP experience. I guarantee you, a few grass heals won't make fights last "20 minutes". If 2-3 grass heals are allowed it can also discourage people from turtling, which is very very powerful in DeS. If buffs are not allowed then i can understand if healing is not either, though it doesn't remove the problem with turtling. Also, since there is no poise, healing is easier to punish than in DkS. 

TL;DR - Imo, grass heals should be allowed in tournaments but not necessarily in a FC. 

Well, if there's ever going to be a tournament, i'm in happy
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:01 am

Fin I got you for NA side I hope lol. If 2-3 grass were allowed, then sc shouldn't be. Not every build uses sc. No regeneration miracles or equipment. So that means no faith builds.
    After checking the links, sorry serious, didn't really get that one.
    Walter I liked yours. The part about ct is touchy. I think ct should be neutral as no one knows if they will be blue or red. You could be blue one match n red the next.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:07 am

1-1 miralda would also be a PITA for the host. You must be fresh in ng+ (or ng++++++....) and must not kill Phalanx...cool spot, but very impractical.

4-1 sparkly: i think the way is too long, if your red dies it takes a long time for him to reset his sign
    it should always be as near to the archstone, as possible imo, makes it smoother
    push down challange...ok i make my uchi ready for pushlock and my DBS for hitting down with one slam devil 

2 new moon grass sounds fun, allow additionally sc and we have tactical fights
    no magic, caus of spammer? well, i don't care - spam it, i got my dark silver shield and BS you for that ;-)
    no dual wield? sad 
    yeah i know it's easy to spam unlocked and catch someone in a combo till death even through sc (if opponent doesn't know how to prevent that), but toggle escape works and i love my new dex build with Kilij/Uchi or Hiltless/Uchi, works perfect

@ twig: how do you controll the ct of a phantom? I got two 120 builds with pwct and one with pbct - problem solved
    i wouldn't disallow SC, cause it's a combo breaker and prevents OHKO through riposte or BS. Reduce grass to 1-2 if it's too much health with SC combined
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 am

I have the EU version of the game. 

Every build might not use SC, but every build absolutely should. It's such a low stat investment. 

These are the rules i would suggest for a tournament:

- SL 120-125
    - 2 prefight buffs allowed. Second chance + cursed weapon for example.
    - Only one second chance in a fight
    - No spellswap
    - 2 grass heals
    - No anti-magic field or spamming cloud spells (they cause lag)

I don't think magic spam is a problem honestly. In a nutshell, we should ban as few things as possible.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:50 am

I have one SL 125 and working on another. Both EU.
    So I can host for you. I will, or will not participate in fights, depending on the rules.
    My first build is BBS and the second may end up being Meat Cleaver, so I'll kinda need buffs for example.
    As for consumables. I don't care about healing. All I want is to be able to use throwing items to interrupt people.
    I also don't care about hyper mode and don't understand why it is frowned upon. Anyone can use it and it's not ridiculously OP like Northern Regalia for example.

As for the hosting itself. Neutral WC in 4-1 for me. I already have it prepared. I see no reason why we should use any other location when we already have a good one.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55 am

BBS with LW is more OP than the NR - but thats not our point, i agree with fin, we should ban as few things as possible
    Hypermode is boring, in most cases it's OHKO or get OHKOed - you could throw a coin instead
    two possible EU hosts and participants - great!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm

I got an 89 I could level up in time for the tournament if I know when it's held and such.

I'd be willing to host but as Fin can tell you my internet ain't the best silly
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:46 pm

@Sent - I just made a bbs and mc buidls for pve lol.
    The reason I said sc or 2-3 new grass is so it gives the person without sc a chance to heal once. If we allow healing, there's no need for sc. No sc would make it fair for all players.
    1-1 miralda area would be ok if it was pbwt. WT doesn't affect pvp but, everyone would need it open. As host, I would need ng+ anyways because if there is an odd number of players, the host fills the spot. No one gets a buy in 1st round. All members need rss because choosing blues or reds is a nightmare. Keeping all at neutral ct means they can be red or blue.
    @Fin - I like your rules but might change it up a bit. If sc is allowed, then everyone HAS to get it.
    @Serious - Time would depend on you guys. 7pm to me is much later for you.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:24 pm

I think 1-1 miralda is dead, but for the record:
    The path stays open after WT changed if you go through the gate once in pbwt or pwwt. Same for the ladder in 5-1 to Istarell and i think for the blocked path in 3-1 (in 3 i haven't verfied, but in 1 and in 5).
    You have to go through the gate once (climb the ladder), or it is closed after wt changed.
    So the problem is not the summons, the problem is the host. He is locked in 1-1, can't level up, can't go to another world. I won't host there, cause i have to make a completley new build for that.

WT: The wt of the phantoms doesn't matter, but the wt of the host matters.
    white or pure white: blue phantom got an advantage
    black or pure black: red phantom got an advantage

The server median was in the last month on EU always one under pwwt, so still the white boost. You need to be two under pwwt, or two over pbwt for neutral wt.
    Log off and on from/to the demons souls server changes wt one step towards server median with every new logon.
    If you reached server median it is save to kill yourself once (not in soul form) in the world you want to host and return to the Nexus to make the wt change happen, to achieve neutral wt.

ct will change with every fight won if you are around neutral and you can't controll your summons if they used the disallowed pbct, or pwct - you can't see that. It's ridiculous to disallow pbct or pwct.

Red eye stone can be duped easy - can't tell you how here (glitch), but look at youtube, or i can dupe it for everybody on EU server.

SC: The benefit of SC is the combo breaking and to prefent OHKOs
    at 120 everybody could have sc without too much trouble - and as already said one should have it in PvP anyway. Perhaps allow one grass more, if SC isn't used?

Time: Yes for sure, the EU division should start around 8 p.m. GMT+1 or we start at 1 a.m. GMT+1 if we start with NA together....and that's not good. Done it several times for the forum DkS Events - too much red bull needed
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Twig I wouldn't think the NA tournament and EU tournament should be held at the same time- bear in mind you guys are MINIMUM 6 hours out from us. It's just impractical silly
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:20 pm

The reason I said you could be red or blue is because in a tournament, you do a graph. Let's say for example Walter fights someone as a red. Serious fights round 2 as a red. If both of you were red your 1st round, how can you both be red if pitted against each other if both have pbct. Unless everyone has 2 separate toons, ct has to be neutral.
    Serious having it the same day won't matter since it would be 2 separate events. I can't host or watch the EU event. But, if someone has both EU and NA and wants to participate in both, then it should be done 1 week apart. Also 7pm for you would be approx. 1pm here. The EU tournament would be finished before the NA one starts or vice versa. Can never remember if you're ahead or behind me.

But, so far it looks like EU only since I'm the only NA one signed up.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Almost every tourney in Demon's Souls I played in or seen or watched or whatever had the following rules:

-No cloud spells like Fin said.
    -SC and Warding allowed.
    -All buffs allowed.
    -1 grass per duel.
    -No spell swapping/running firestorm
    -Bow, buff twice then fight.
    -Sl 120

Thats it, I can't think of anything else in any tourney I seen.  Grassing was about 50/50.  Shrug

***edit***

I also seen some tourneys that wouldn't allow the use of Scraping Spear and/or the Storm Ruler.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am

To the Op:

Fin and Animaaal are correct as far as rules go. Since, there seems to be little support for a NA tourney.......Maybe you should let the range be sl120-130 and see if you can get some support for a fight club instead. Spend a couple of Friday or Saturday Nights in 4-1 hosting said FC. Meet some randoms, invite them to your chat and build enough participation to eventually hold a tourney. Just my 2 pennies.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I MAY participate. I'm only available on the NA servers.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:44 pm

crbngville2 wrote:To the Op:

Fin and Animaaal are correct as far as rules go. Since, there seems to be little support for a NA tourney.......Maybe you should let the range be sl120-130 and see if you can get some support for a fight club instead. Spend a couple of Friday or Saturday Nights in 4-1 hosting said FC. Meet some randoms, invite them to your chat and build enough participation to eventually hold a tourney. Just my 2 pennies.

YOU'RE FUNNY lol
    I was thinking the same thing this morning big grin
    I was gonna go online with my 120 bbs build, see if I got invaded and get people interested in either a fc or tournament. As far as rules go, they are right to a point. But, I like to change things up a little bit because I hate repetitive things. Doing the same tourney's over and over gets boring. That's why I mentioned the weapon dropping tourney in my first post. People said it wouldn't work but they actually had a ton of fun because you never knew what you were gonna get.
    Also did a barefist one once and it was funny. But, since I have my landlords hdtv this weekend, I may do some pve and look for random invaders.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:52 pm