Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Elite Knight
TheMeInTeam
FinPeku
reim0027
raecor14
nsane32
Encore
twigsterxd
Serious_Much
Jester's Tears
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Leet
SirArchmage
KrazykevS10
Hatsune Miku
Reaperfan
Hue
21 posters

A rant on stupid people

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

A rant on stupid people - Page 2 Empty Re: A rant on stupid people

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:44 am

this is why I don't have friends. outside of the forum anyway...

thank goodness I can laugh at myself
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 am

Hue wrote:
    Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:I have a friend that put graphics on the same level of importance as gameplay when it comes to gaming.

He thinks being a military sniper is really easy work and blah blah blah

Also, if you are an atheist, you probably shouldn't say it in public.

That. Is one reason why people hate me. A LOT.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:20 am

That one guy. Basically sums up humans.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:30 am

People who wear the T shirts of bands they don't know any of their music or couldn't recognise the band.

Top culprits for this are definitely Nirvana, Guns n roses and Rolling Stones.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:05 pm

What the hell does 80 million people have to do with making a game hardcore?   LOL
    It's not hardcore it's just popular.

80 *million* per day, consistently?  That sounds hardcore to me, but not in the sense one would usually describe a game.  Kudos to developers that can keep those kinds of numbers for any period of time, they will be wealthy individuals.

Maybe it's because I'm a bit older than most here, but one thing you learn over time is that if your intelligence is above average (such as the somewhat questionable IQ measure, let's say you're two standard deviations above the 100 average), the vast majority of people you encounter will be weaker intellectually.  As a result, they will do irrational things, make poor choices routinely, and improve slowly or not at all.  You start to realize political decline, but also that it's consistent with all historic political decline.  However, you also start to realize that life can be enjoyed through all the stupidity anyway, and if you want to do so you have no choice but to work with and sometimes manipulate it.

If you feel you're ahead of your peers in some respect to the extent that the company you keep is intollerable, gradually associate with people you enjoy being around more.  Keep trying until you find groups you tolerate.  Same thing with career stuff, work if you have to because you have to...but always try to get something you enjoy doing eventually.

Pursue success at things you actually care about, and if you don't know how, look up how.  Real life carries many similarities to being good at games, and it's a pretty tough one at that, so don't take it lightly or expect to win without trying happy.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:29 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    What the hell does 80 million people have to do with making a game hardcore?   LOL
    It's not hardcore it's just popular.

80 *million* per day, consistently?  That sounds hardcore to me, but not in the sense one would usually describe a game.  Kudos to developers that can keep those kinds of numbers for any period of time, they will be wealthy individuals.

Maybe it's because I'm a bit older than most here, but one thing you learn over time is that if your intelligence is above average (such as the somewhat questionable IQ measure, let's say you're two standard deviations above the 100 average), the vast majority of people you encounter will be weaker intellectually.  As a result, they will do irrational things, make poor choices routinely, and improve slowly or not at all.  You start to realize political decline, but also that it's consistent with all historic political decline.  However, you also start to realize that life can be enjoyed through all the stupidity anyway, and if you want to do so you have no choice but to work with and sometimes manipulate it.

If you feel you're ahead of your peers in some respect to the extent that the company you keep is intollerable, gradually associate with people you enjoy being around more.  Keep trying until you find groups you tolerate.  Same thing with career stuff, work if you have to because you have to...but always try to get something you enjoy doing eventually.

Pursue success at things you actually care about, and if you don't know how, look up how.  Real life carries many similarities to being good at games, and it's a pretty tough one at that, so don't take it lightly or expect to win without trying happy.
    I realised all that a long time ago (i'm 22). Its the only way to avoid being constantly angry.

I don't like being angry, stupidity makes me angry (defining stupidity as unable to see fualty logic, even when its flaws are demonstrated.)

the solution is to find people (of any intelligence level) capable of critical/rational thinking. These are skills, and can be taught/learned, and do not require above average intelligence. Some very smart people do incredibly stupid things.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Mein I'm older than you and hardcore means something TOTALLY different to me bud. To me, hardcore isn't based on how many people play the game. Even if there where 1 billion people it's not hardcore.
    Hardcore to me would be game difficulty, or, gameplay depending on the scenario or situation. Hardcore to me would be my 1st day on Dks, (which btw was just this past january), being invaded and trying to win. Or, my 1st day on DeS during a pbwt event week. Also, as I said ^, the games difficulty.
    But that's just my opinion on wut it means to me.

To add to the topic, here's my rant.
    The stupidest of ALL are the ones who think they know it all. They are right and everyone is wrong. I realized after years of dealing with them that most of these so-called "know it alls" are uneducated idiots who never made it to or thru high school.
    So in other words, "Stupid People".
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Mein I'm older than you and hardcore means something TOTALLY different to me bud. To me, hardcore isn't based on how many people play the game. Even if there where 1 billion people it's not hardcore.
    Hardcore to me would be game difficulty, or, gameplay depending on the scenario or situation. Hardcore to me would be my 1st day on Dks, (which btw was just this past january), being invaded and trying to win. Or, my 1st day on DeS during a pbwt event week. Also, as I said ^, the games difficulty.
    But that's just my opinion on wut it means to me.

To add to the topic, here's my rant.
    The stupidest of ALL are the ones who think they know it all. They are right and everyone is wrong. I realized after years of dealing with them that most of these so-called "know it alls" are uneducated idiots who never made it to or thru high school.
    So in other words, "Stupid People"

My friend in a nutshell.

Well, I've been surrounded by people who is so deeply convinced that their delusional and wrong worldview is right, I've come to understand how to notice ******** easy.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:06 pm

intellect is measured by your ability to learn and adapt all can make irrational decisions and age doesn't matter you can be 55 and a 12 year old can be smarter than you
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Mein I'm older than you and hardcore means something TOTALLY different to me bud. To me, hardcore isn't based on how many people play the game. Even if there where 1 billion people it's not hardcore.

I agree, although from the perspective of the developer maintaining such numbers you could say the company itself is such, or that the maintenance team is.  The game and gamers maybe not, unless said gamers are averaging days/week in the game or something happy.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hardcore

There are applications of it in such a context that can technically work.

On a side note, I don't think we have a way to accurately measure overall intellect and potential on a consistent basis.  It's much easier to test aptitude within context, but that doesn't necessarily mean someone scoring well is intelligent, but rather that they're good at whatever is being tested.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:52 pm

God I get tired of tryhards on the forum. Dealing with them in the game is one thing, but then to have to deal with people posting these HUGE walls of text insinuating that people don't understand logic, how opinions do not equal facts, and that...for some strange reason...their opinion is superior to yours is %$#@ing exhausting.

I swear to God, it's like some people are oblivious to the fact that not everyone is going to be watching all their p's a q's when posting in a forum.

I was making a joke earlier about the TWoP glitch, and this dude flat out says "my analogy is flawed"...I mean WTF?!?!?!?! Who the **** cares?!?!?!

Then this dude goes on to almost try and justify the tactic by saying that "Its not as bad as spawn ganking".........Look Skyward 

Some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I cant imagine how they relate with people in real life. Id imagine they get told to STFU a lot. Shrug 
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 am

^ That's a pretty mature post rolling eyes.

I'm not interested in that particular game though.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am

Animaal - dial it down a notch, will you? There are better ways to get your point across.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:10 am

I said no one's name and dealt with my feelings the right way.

I didn't say this person was the most condescending, arrogant, jackwagon I've met since ****_White, but only loosely implied that their notions were a little absurd, when I really wanted to say the aforementioned.

I had my chance too.  I anonymously came here and used the thread for its intended purposes, and put said person on my ignore list.

I'm not trying to defy authority, if this thread wasn't here, I would have went to the "Let it out".  I came here because some people just like to argue, and I think they are "stupid people".

I not interested in reading an essay from people using terms like "illogical fallacy" ESPECIALLY when they've said it 101 times, and it's said with such narrow-mindedness.

Just because someone doesn't say, "You're a douchey douche face" does NOT mean they are not a troll.

Some people here argue shyt just to argue shyt...its getting old, so I came here. Shrug
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 am

hey guys look a distraction topic ------------------------------------> pokemon.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 am

I %$#@ing HATE POKEMON!!!!!

But a lot of people say it's pretty awesome, I guess I'm wrong. Shrug 

That's cool though...I can admit it. Prostration 
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 am

In that post, you were calling people stupid, and in your previous post, you were calling them tryhards.  These two posts have been mostly inflammatory, and you even hinted that these posts may have been directed at a particular individual (who may well know who he is).  And, you just indirectly called them: "the most condescending, arrogant, jackwagon I've met."

So, please dial it down.  We don't need inflammatory posts like that.  They only serve to start arguments or shut down threads.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:42 am

So... Insulting and being offensive towards someone is against the forum guidelines, UNLESS you do it in another thread and don't mention that certain someone's name, right?

And saying someone is "the most condescending, arrogant, jackwagon" is completely fine if you don't really say it, you just say you wanted to say it. And even if i can imagine these tryhards get told to STFU a lot, it's ok if I personally don't tell them to shut the *** up. And i mean, if someone dares to point out an error in my logic, they are just being narrow-minded and stupid, right?

Yeah that sounds reasonable!

TL;DR (so no one has to read frustrating walls of text) Animal, before going to the let it out thread and vent about another annoying tryhard, maybe you should go through your posts and think if what you're doing is indeed appropriate or not. Be honest.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:49 am

Balance arguments are always a touchy subject, and not just on this forum.  I have seen quite the nonsense from elsewhere, with the typical pattern being:

1.  Point out that tactic x fits no criteria that make it bannable that other accepted tactics don't fit.
    2.  Suggest a rules criteria set that is objectively and consistently applied, or lacking one, going in with no expectations regarding opposing conduct.
    3.  Because nobody can do that without banning accepted tactics, and yet some can't accept tactic x, they get angry.
    4.  I discuss the merits of tactics based on what can be known, and try to steer the discussion away from areas that rely on pure subjective preference, because preferences vary a lot.
    5.  I encounter personal attacks, name-calling, and suggestions that everyone ignore my arguments, despite no serious effort to provide counter-arguments.

I've been around different forums a long time.  This pattern is consistent and frustrating.  It is interesting how different forum cultures react differently however.  This community, on average, takes things in stride, although suggestions against established procedures meet the usual resistance.

Nevertheless, I would like to see more arguments based on the merits of the points and less that rely on attacking people rather than their points, here and everywhere else.  As a person with over 25,000 posts across multiple forums, I see far too much focus on attacking posters, regardless of who they are and regardless of what the topic is.  Trying to undermine a poster's credibility is weak and a waste of time.  Name calling is practically admitting one has no argument whatsoever.

If a post truly angers someone, the best responses would be to either ignore the poster or come up with counter-points that are relevant to what was posted in order to defeat the argument.  The purpose of a forum is to make relevant contributions to a discussion, and that discussion is not and generally should never be about another poster.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 am

A movie praising Steve Jobs is coming out soon.

Really? *** this ****.

Here is a poster detailing the many reasons that I hate Apple, with a few reasons that are not even on here. It is to my great sadness that both my best friend and girlfriend own quite a few apple products, as do the family members I live with.

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/4697681/Apples+and+Bananas/
    The link to it.
    The image(kind of big):
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:49 am

Serious_Much wrote:People who wear the T shirts of bands they don't know any of their music or couldn't recognise the band.

Top culprits for this are definitely Nirvana, Guns n roses and Rolling Stones.

And Bob-motherf*cking-Marley. Seriously, teenagers are the worst culprits, only liking the guy because he smoked weed and they think that's awesome because it's their way of saying "f*ck the man". The only song these little twits know by Bob Marley is always only ever "Three Little Birds", and then they think it's called "Don't Worry About a Thing". F*ck!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 am

@reim

In my defense, this thread is a rant on stupid people.  And I was just  pointing out I didn’t say, “Some thing blah blah blah inflammatory specifically naming anyone.”  I was just using the thread as intended.  I cant help it if someone draws attention to themselves.

@Fin

Yep.  That’s my honest answer bro.  

There was a joke made about Sheldon and House in that “other” thread……they get yelled at a lot for being rude….just saying.

See man, aint it a pain when someone's right on a technicality and flaunts it? Shrug

I HATE that type of attitude and can't believe I've resorted to it.  That miffs me off more actually.

Last edited by Animaaal on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:37 am

guys, I don't want this to turn to a locked thread, sometimes people need to vent on the stupidity of humanity, lets leave this ability here.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:41 am

Yes, let us all calm down and start insulting Apple and Steve Jobs.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 am

SirArchmage wrote:Yes, let us all calm down and start insulting Apple and Steve Jobs.
    Idarksouls

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:30 am