Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Yesuurd
befowler
Akatik
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Hylian
Klosterheim
11 posters

Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy?

Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy? Empty Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy?

Post by Klosterheim Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:40 pm

Hey:

I am driving myself crazy with this decision, so I was hoping for some input.

Here are the facts:

1. I have low-ish melee stats, but I do have the ability to use the Flamberge without penalty.

2. I prefer relatively quick weapons. I'm not into daggers, but I like my Enchanted Iaito quite a bit.

3. I want a Lightning weapon that approximates the speed and damage of the Iaito.

After doing a lot of research and number crunching, it seems to me that the Flamberge may be the best weapon for this circumstance: 1) it doesn't have huge requirements, 2) it seems quick, esp. for a great sword, 3) it even has bleed out.

The Claymore does slightly more damage, but it doesn't have bleed-out.

Given my goals, does it seem reasonable to turn the Flamberge into a +5 Lightning weapon? Am I making some kind of colossal mistake?

Oh, and can anyone think of any other weapon that may give me similar abilities? Bleedout is not 100% important, and if the STR or DEX requirements are in the 15-22 range, that's close enough, even though I will need to level up a handful to reach anything in the 22 range.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy? Empty Re: Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy?

Post by Hylian Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 pm

since your build is not str or dex then yes you could make it an elemental weapon, or even chaos, its your call
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy? Empty Re: Lightning + Flamberge = Sad? Happy?

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 pm

It's lightning, be sad. silly

seriously though flamberge is and interesting weapon to use since not many do, I'd say stick with it if you like it to be honest.

If you want it elemental though, go down chaos path, will do more damage once you put in the humanity scaling big grin
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:05 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Flamberge

does anyone know why theres a "?" at faith scale for occult +5?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm

because it is unknown, it's Whknight's new idea for weapon formatting
    Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Klosterheim Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:45 am

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 am

Flamberge doesn't have anywhere near the Iaito's speed! It's got a very versatile moveset though.

If you want a fast weapon, look into the Falchion. Very fun weapon to use! It doesn't have the best reach, but its speed and stamina use are great. Should get great DPS.
    Akatik
    Akatik
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Akatik Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 am

The Flamberge was the foundation of my build early on. I love the bleed out effect, it absolutely wrecked the Asylum Demon after I got it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 am

Flamberge is almost exactly the same as the claymore in terms of speed, damage, and moveset. Flamberge has the bleed effect, and its R2 thrust is a closer range ground sweep instead of the claymore's long straight stab thrust. It's actually a fair tradeoff, because the claymore's R2 thrust range is so long that with a little forward movement you can actually fire it down the line of someone's DWGR roll and hit them at the far end of it.

If you want a faster weapon with a similar moveset to the claymore/flamberge, test out a lightning balder side sword. It does less damage, but is significantly faster and also costs less stamina, while having almost the same range. I've beaten Iaito users with a BSS straight up on numerous occasions due to its longer range and glorious spamming ability (plus sweet sweet leap attacks). It also has low stat reqs.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am

the lightning flamberge is a great weapon and causes bleed, do it!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 am

flamberg is awesome, make it chaos sont be that guy with the lightning weapons. but if you want a similar weapon to laito but lightning why ont just make a lightning laito?
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Lightning Flamberge is one of my primary weapons for a few reasons.

1. Solid moves set

2. Stun ability

3 Lightning effect.

4. Bleed ( really not to effective in pvp cause by the time it activates they are normally dead)

Armor usually has higher resistance to Fire than Lightning.. So you will find that even though some weapons have a higher AR than lightining.. its the lightining that can cause more damage due to less resistance in the armor. ** this doesn't apply to every armor** that's why I have both Lightning and chaos flamberge..
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 pm

^Only problem with lightning, as you'll find with time, is you get really tired of seeing and hearing those little bolts when you hit someone with it! That's why all my weapons are Chaos now.
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dellusions Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Three words:

Balder Side Sword.

I think you should really try that one out. It's got decent damage even elemental, has great stamina usage, reach, speed and moveset. It's one of the few weapons that can attack horizontal, vertical, and poke (others are claymore and weps like that, but they all are for quality builds typically.)

Klosterheim
    Klosterheim
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Klosterheim Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 am

Thanks again for all the feedback. I didn't realize that there was so much hate for the lightning weapons. Is that because of PvP? I am mostly a PvE player (for now), so that stuff hasn't really entered into my equation yet.

I especially appreciate the feedback re: the speed of various weapons.

I did make the +4 Lightning Flamberge last night and used it to remove Mr. Seath's tail. It's slower than the Iaito, fo sho, but it's not lumbering like some of the other bigger weapons. It's not the kind of weapon that makes my head explode with the sheer magnitude of its awesomeness, but its well-rounded compared to the other weapons I have. I am happy with the choice I made.

Still, I am always on the lookout for fast weapons, especially as I consider which ones I will use for my other upgrades. The falchion and balder sword look intriguing and I will check them out. Maybe I can put fire or chaos on one of those ...
    DJ_XHERO
    Regular
    Regular

Post by DJ_XHERO Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:04 pm

I got a +14 flamberge (im dex/faith build) that weapon was my dex claymore xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:36 am