Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Jansports
Ba22crow
chundersmiff
Sentiel
Serious_Much
Walter_White
AnCapaillMor
Leet
KrazykevS10
reim0027
Animaaal
TheMeInTeam
Back Lot Basher
Dibsville
crbngville2
Lord of Ash
theGentleman
SirArchmage
Latitoast
StiffNipples
Forum Pirate
Paladin Leeroy
26 posters

Gesture Backstabbing

AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gesture Backstabbing - Page 4 Empty Re: Gesture Backstabbing

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:42 am

Sentiel wrote:
    10?! Darkwraith +3 huh?
    Something like that also happened to me. I was watching the host and invader battle it out. They got close to me and suddnely, the host tried to R2 with Dark Hand on me. I had no idea if it's parriable, or no, but I still tried it. That Rapier riposte ended the whole mess. big grin

Guy was a complete idiot too, invaded me a few more times, he bowed and i horneted bs'd him 5 times in seperate invasions before he copped on. Always keep track of names. Eventually got my 10 humanity back off him throughout the night. Even messaged a few that i had invaded to watch out for him got a few replies of thanks after they hornet bs'd him too.

And nice on parrying it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 am

That's a very nice thing to do. I'm afraid to message people, even with warnings like this. I expect their reaction to be like "I ain't no noob so stfu and keep ur advice to urself ***". That kind of thing.

On the parry. I still try. Parrying is still hard for me, because the timing can get screwed up very easily. But I still try to parry when i can, even if it means that I die in the process.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:04 am

Sen with ganking some people (like myself) don't consider questers to be ganking, as they don't intend to fight invaders. Gankers sit on spawn points for the express purpose of killing invaders with unfair numbers advantage. I kinda make a division, usually if I invade a quester I don't go after them as a result because I don't like disrupting playthroughs of people (usually)
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:51 am

Oh. I always assumed that as long as it's 2/3v1 it's always a gank, no matter the circumstances. Only that in cases of questing, it's not viewed as negatively and frowned upon as in cases of those that deliberately camp spawn points, or try to ambush the invader.
    Good to know. happy
    chundersmiff

Post by chundersmiff Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 pm

TooLeet wrote:I can't believe this OP:

chundersmiff wrote:have you ever done a gesture backstab? like when someone is bowing and you just go up to their backs and kill them in 1 backstab? I've done it to low level players in Undead Parish about 20 times in the past 2 hours

im pretty honourable

Got this many posts already.
    pretty crazy

this just turned into a thread where people try to look smart
    chundersmiff

Post by chundersmiff Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Sen with ganking some people (like myself) don't consider questers to be ganking, as they don't intend to fight invaders. Gankers sit on spawn points for the express purpose of killing invaders with unfair numbers advantage. I kinda make a division, usually if I invade a quester I don't go after them as a result because I don't like disrupting playthroughs of people (usually)

i love to slow down newbies in their playthroughs, thats why im SL10 darkwraithing at parish and burg
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Interesting you choose to pvp against defenceless opponents. I don't think I'd find it fun tbh.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm

chundersmiff wrote:...i love to slow down newbies in their playthroughs, thats why im SL10 darkwraithing at parish and burg....

Mega Mule?
    chundersmiff

Post by chundersmiff Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:07 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Interesting you choose to pvp against defenceless opponents. I don't think I'd find it fun tbh.

i just do it for their reactions
    chundersmiff

Post by chundersmiff Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    chundersmiff wrote:...i love to slow down newbies in their playthroughs, thats why im SL10 darkwraithing at parish and burg....

Mega Mule?

not really, i worked for all of the items
    Ba22crow
    Ba22crow

Post by Ba22crow Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Not in my own world. Or as an invader. But If I am helping a friend through a planned meet or vice versa due to a charcter build making that particular area difficult, we are generally on mic and will plan it. Have the host stand in an open area facing the invader's direction, as the summon hides somewhere approximately near where the red will stop to bow or give a moment before attacking. And then rush for the backstab as soon as they stop. Have seen several reds die while standing and some while bowing. It's nothing personal, but you weren't invited into the world for one, and for two you didn't check the area before letting your guard down, three my friend is somewhat bad at the game and if he dies it could be a while before he gets another humanity, as such it's in my interests to keep things running smoothly and quickly so I can get by to my own characters. If the red spots it, well is time for a good brawl :]
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Interesting you choose to pvp against defenceless opponents. I don't think I'd find it fun tbh.

It isn't fun at all. Every once and a while i'll take a low level character and mess with people but ultimately, i help the new guys out and give them items/weapons. Not everyone that plays Dark Souls is in the "community" but people don't need the idea that everyone in the community is a bunch of ****. 

No point in mashing on new guys. We were all there at one point, granted this is Dark Souls, but i find it more fun to get trashed by an experienced player and learn from it, than trashing a new guy. Just my opinion.

chundersmiff wrote:
    TooLeet wrote:I can't believe this OP:

chundersmiff wrote:have you ever done a gesture backstab? like when someone is bowing and you just go up to their backs and kill them in 1 backstab? I've done it to low level players in Undead Parish about 20 times in the past 2 hours

im pretty honourable

Got this many posts already.
    pretty crazy

this just turned into a thread where people try to look smart

Most of these people are very smart, just sometimes their "behind a computer" ego gets a little too big.

Seeing as you're a new guy on here, i wouldn't be trying to make enemies with these people either. thumbs up

Sentiel wrote:We were questing, but at the same time, we stopped to face the invader. I didn't want to get sudden ohko bs. We were 3v1. Even if it's for the sake of questing, if we go fight the invader all at the same time, it's still gank.

I get what you're saying, but if you're questing and someone invades, they came in to the world to hurt someone. If there just so happen to be 3 people, that isn't ganking. You weren't intentionally waiting for someone to invade so you and your 2 buddies could womp on them. Knowhatimean?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 pm

chundersmiff wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

Mega Mule?

Not really as in you use level appropriate items?....Or not really as in I never used the mm?
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 pm

He meant "Yeah, i can't hang with the big boys." cool
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:08 am

It doesn't even take that long to get a +5 chaos weapon.

And it's a tough Job but it's important new players are introduced to the Darkwraiths.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:22 am

Animaaal wrote:
    chundersmiff wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

Mega Mule?

Not really as in you use level appropriate items?....Or not really as in I never used the mm?
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:38 pm

StiffNipples wrote:I don't like people doing it to me so I don't do it to others.

Doing it just fosters a sh*tty playstyle that I don't want to fight against.

I have had it happen to me heaps, especially in the Burg, on PS3 almost all Darkmoons that invaded me while I was hosting duels would BS/shoot/hit me while I bowed/waved to them. In the end I just didn't trust any Darkmoons, which is sad for the good ones.

So I don't do it, no only is it a d**che move, but it degrades the community, especially if you do it in 'honourable' areas.

Some people will bait you to return bow so that they can do it to you, when this happens I just kick them out of it until they fight me.
    Pretty much this^^ Once in awhile I'll do it to gankers though if I've previously invaded them and know what they're going to do but for the most part I try to show respect but most of the time I get showed none. Maybe i should break the habit??
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Walter_White wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Not even kind of. Bow stabbing is taking an advantage your opponent has (foolishly) provided you with.

Forum Pirate wrote:You cannot know wether or not they are baiting, thus pragmatism dictates it always poses a threat. They could be baiting so they can buff as well.

raised brow surprised lol! 

tell me what is a bow? an advantage that the opponent gave you, or a threat to you...sorry can't take you serious you only interpret that bow how you need it to fight the way you want to fight, thats it!
    But even worse you try to tell everybody that this is logical and the only way to treat a bow.
    And it's getting better:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Chilvalry loses fights, and wars. An english king is famous for murdering knights with hoards of archers instead of doing the typical randsom 1v1 combat thing, and it won him many battles.

cheers Use ABC Weapons in real world conflicts, it's logical to take any measure to kill the opponent ASAP cheers 

really a bow is a threat to you lol! you should play pokemon or something with low violence if THIS is a thread to you...really you made my day laughing 

No rules = no community

simple as that!

I call all honorable knights to torture every bow-stabber slowly to death. Let them feel the pain. Be creative, use poison&toxic, let them heal until they got no more estus or humanity. Parry&Riposte them bare handed, use broken Sword - humiliate them in every way you can think of and make it long and dirty for them.

You have attacked my arguement, but I don't see where you actually post any counter points to refute it, or post any points in support of your own.

I did not say the "only way" I implied the "pragmatic way"

Bowing is indeed a potential threat. I bow all the time, just to get them to bow back, so I can buff while they bow and rush them before they get a chance. It works really well actually.

Had they not bowed and just attacked me or waited, they may well have won, but as is I more than doubled my damage potential and did not allow them to alter theirs, giving me a huge advantage, because they bowed.

EDIT: while I'm at it, pokemon is only "low violence" if you look at the animations. If you actually consider a giant flaming dragon using a torrent of fire to roast a creature alive, its extraordinarily violent.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:02 pm

Guys calm the hell down.  There is actual merit to what Forum Pirate is saying.  Sometime I bow early myself when first dueling someone that I know will bow so I can buff my weapon before they can try to interrupt me.

I've always felt that the bow debate would got a lot more smoothly if people didn't gesture.  If instead they did something like, two hand their weapon, then press block, to signify they are going to fight.  Quick, simple, easy to see.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:00 am

What if I can't two hand my weapon? And what if my weapon doesn't block?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:32 am

Only fist weapons can't.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:08 am

Bows can't block Either. It's a serious problem.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 am

Pull it out, and thus you have bowed!

*Runs away*
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:38 am

I'm also content with "rapidfire blocking" and/or "I have 2 different types of arrows so watch me switch them around and dance" getures.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Jansports wrote:Bows can't block Either. It's a serious problem.
    Kindly go and explain that to the turtling Silver Knight archer that just got me killed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 am