Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
HereticForLife
swordiris
zwanzig-tausend
ResIsBestStat
Seth Winternight
Lord of Ash
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
dantheman123
Latitoast
robsthedon
silentmonkey3
Renegade
Jansports
Nosferatu-Zodd
Encore
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kahldris_Ducard
Icegodzilla
Hugh_G_Johnson
Paragon
Comrade Sparkle
shadowzninjaz
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
29 posters

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 8 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 am

lol just ran into lord of ash again, this time i invaded him. We ended up killing each other
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 8 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins...

Post by robsthedon Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:33 am

Wow I got an ear thanks guys.

I take it I can vote too? My vote goes to SUMMON-ER FAILED
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Indeed, you can and are very much encouraged to do so.  Your contributions to our fledgling program are much appreciated.  Hope to see at least one submission from you this week.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:50 pm

sorry its been a while i have acquired ten years the forest though i wouldn't call it purged...
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Indeed, you can and are very much encouraged to do so.  Your contributions to our fledgling program are much appreciated.  Hope to see at least one submission from you this week.
    I'm on it happy
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:26 pm

got ten kills in the forest, in the area before the door.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:05 pm

That is impressive icegodzilla. I have not been that lucky ever with invasions.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 pm

well i only fought two ganker teams
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:25 pm

Icegodzilla wrote:well i only fought two ganker teams
    You fought gankers in the moonpit? Ive never had that happen, i only ever invade duelists. Or idiots. Or both
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:31 am

well i don't think it was the moon pit, it was the area right before it by the bonfire thats behind the illusion door but still it was pretty annoying /shocking
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 pm

Last fight there killed the phantom with a healing host. My error I should have healed when the host healed or that bs would have not killed me.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 am

got ten kills in anor londo.
    edit: i miscounted only got 8, i'll get more tomorrow
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:58 pm

I took a "semi-intentional" mini-break from Dark Souls. Don't worry, I've been keeping an eye on things silly I just haven't had anything to say lately. I had a few interesting invasions earlier in the week.  On one invasion I got 4 kills cheers  but no ear. crying  But, I got a rather unique kill the other day that I've turned into a unique EotW submission; I call it "Live by the Flip".  It's very long, i apologize -- but, it was one of the longest invasions (actually two of the longest) I've ever had and almost all of it was spent fighting.  I have never worked harder to earn an ear in all my time playing dark souls. The following is my best recollection of the events.

Live by the flip...:
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:52 pm

So....i was wondering if you guys could look over my new DM build. Its something akin to an exictuioner since for the spammers, flippers,etc. with an exicutioner look. here he is http://mmdks.com/3sxf (i plan on trying to get EoTW with him. XD and the two miracles are really for the pain in the asses)
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:15 pm

it looks alright, but having no shield is gonna hurt. Then again if your fast enough and never get hit you should be good
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:35 am

I would consider using Great Magic Barrier instead of Vow of Silence.  It would free up an attunement slot, or get you down to SL 100.  I'm assuming you like the scythe over the great scythe, but the great scythe would have more of an executioner feel IMO.  
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:16 am

Yo guys, so I decided that I would like to officially join.
    Anyways what SL is ideal for Darkmooning populated pvp areas?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Welcome to the MoV, Res. cheers   Can I have your GFWL ID for the roster?

As for SLs, it seems that it's easiest to get matched with people close to your SL, so it shouldn't be drastically different.  It's just invasions are generally slower and you can invade down further so you can 'get away with' being higher SL.  Personally, I do most of my invasions at 100 or 125 and stick to hot-spots like Anor Londo (light & dark), the Painted World and the Demon Ruins (I think Demon Ruins is a PS3 kinda thing, maybe PW too to a lesser extent).  I keep talking about experimenting with lower level invasions but I still haven't gotten around to it. silly  To be honest though I don't know how low I really want to go because I don't want to grief, but I certainly don't want to handicap myself against sinners -- especially if they're ganking, or doing any other 'cool-guy' Messengers of Velka: Lordran's Last Chapter Begins... - Page 8 Trihardstuff.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:57 pm

PW has some traffic on xbox. Im not sure about demon ruin, but i will try it today. My main darkmoon build is sl 100
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 pm

got ten in anor londo , for real this time
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:03 pm

Res I say keep a number of different sl builds for a wider range of DM invasions. I know nothing about the PC game so this is my best recommendation.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 pm

How often the simple solution will elude us...
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:22 pm

tried the demon ruins for about 20mins, I only got one invasion so i think its not a big hotspot on the xbox. Where should i invade next?
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:24 pm

also i am thinking of making a new darkmoon build but so far i don't have any new ideas. Kinda hit a wall in the new build ideas. Any suggestions?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Hey Icegodzilla can you head to Lost Izalith? I want to know how things are there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:10 pm