Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka Reign Empty Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by swordiris Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:07 am

The old Velka thread is getting rather large. This is the new thread named Reign because we are finishing the cleanup of sinners in Lordran before DkS2. We will reign throughout Lordran. If the game gets boring with little sinners that means we are winning. Of course we will have a lookout campaign for DkS1 for a while as I understand not everyone will have the game right away.

OP from original thread in next post. If I forget anything let me know.

Last edited by swordiris on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Messengers of Velka Reign Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by swordiris Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 am

Special thanks to Dough and Hugh for lore help

Amadeous knelt in prayer; the ruins of his mother’s church
    lay around him. Centuries of neglect and
    abandonment had worn down the building to a ruin of what it once was. But he did not care for appearances; he was
    here for more than the shallow meaning of looks. He did not pray to his mother, goddess she
    was, nor did he pray to himself as a demigod.
    No god received his prayers for he served a higher being, an ideal, a faultless
    and perfect ideal. He prayed that
    justice may be delivered to this cursed land, no matter the cost. That the guilty would pay by any means
    necessary. And he prayed that those who
    were here already would not be stupid enough to cross his path, for he had no
    wish to spill the blood of the misguided when the blood could belong to
    sinners.
    He stood from prayer, realizing the urge was growing. His prayer had been answered; the need for
    justice was growing within him. He must
    spill the blood of sinner’s by his own hand to satisfy justice.

The mysterious black-haired witch Velka is the rogue deity. She defines sin and metes out punishment. Her influence is vast and extends even to the other gods. Her power is enough for the other gods to fear her; it is such that everything associated with her was locked away into a painting, isolated from Lordran. Much like delaying the end of the age of fire, however, skirting retribution is a futile attempt merely to delay the inevitable.

Little is known of Velka or her current whereabouts. Even her form and very existence is questioned. Some believing she herself has taken the form of a giant crow. Some seem to think that without her the world is safe for sin. Time in Lordran is mercurial and Velka's power exceeds the constraints of time, her form and perhaps even her own existence. The blue eye orb is controlled by an odd figurehead in modern day Lordran, but the system itself still ensures retribution from sinners. Velka's messengers interact with this bizarre figurehead, however, they swear no allegiance to him. Their allegiance is to the retribution of sin and thus to the goddess Velka and nothing else.

Velka's messengers are true blades of the dark moon. They are Velka's instruments of retribution, cutting down sinners without sentiment, with neither reward nor punishment. They are the undead among undead. They perpetually spawn in the worlds of sinners seeking retribution, undeterred by even the most impossible odds. Their spirit can be vanquished, but they will lose nothing in their own world and return just as determined and more prepared. Upon success they receive an ear and soul crumbs as a 'reward'. Failure does not exist. When a messenger of Velka's phantom is vanquished it's merely another futile attempt from a sinner to delay the inevitable.

Crows are the messengers of all gods. However, the powerful rogue deity uses powerful, rogue messengers. Velka's messengers are the Ravens. Like her, they are powerful rogues in black and most feared among their kind. They are the perfect vehicles to deliver retribution. Velka's ravens swoop in to claim the ears of those unfortunate and foolish enough to find themselves in Velka's book of the guilty. They are distinct from their cousins in that they are ruthless and unapologetic in the hunt for retribution. They are not bound by an artificial code of honor, especially against those who have shown no honor by senselessly slaughtering the innocent. They are Karmic Justice incarnate. The most serious and unfortunately most common sin is to steal humanity. The messengers of Velka are dark, ravenous creatures who punish sinners by turning the tables and stealing ill begotten humanity back from those who dared pillage it.

Now Prince Amadeous has become too powerful for effective battling in the realm of Lordran, he will battle another day in a land that the future guides him.... For now his concubines and Knights fight for the reign of the Prince and the Great goddess Velka.

Messengers of Velka Reign 1330857165 Messengers of Velka Reign 3799246625

We are the messengers of Velka Goddess of Sin. Our message is to incite fear into anyone who thinks of attempting a sin and destroy them at any cost. Velka has sent us to work with her ally Gwyndolin in purging sinners.

We are different than other darkmoons because we show no mercy, sinners deserve no honor. These people have sin in their hearts and we must make them tremble before their crimes.

Our covenant bird is the crow. On the Velka talisman, the hair of Velka is black like that of a crows hair. Crows are also associated with Death and Fear. A flock of crows is called a "murder", exactly the fate our sinners will face. Make sure to show respect to Snuggly and the giant bird in firelink.

Rules:
    1. Must be a member of Darkmoon covenant
    2. Do not bow to sinners (unless bowed to first then you have the option), scum like them deserve no respect.)
    3. Win no matter what, there is no "honor code" dealing with them.
    4. You may join as a sinner, however if you are invaded by a darkmoon you must continuously use the pray gesture and take your beating, we call this "purging".
    5. You must always indict, indictments are from the goddess Velka and should always be used.
    6. After a win prostrate/pray and send the messasge. "You steal man's humanity, their freedom. Lordran ill needs a chosen such as you!"
    7. If you are sent hate mail, send back a message saying "The guilty pay the price" with no response after.
    8. You get your ranks through invasions. Even if sinners do not deserve mercy we do not endorse ganking and hacking. If we find one Messenger is a ganker or a hacker we will remove them.
    9. Family masks are not allowed. Many people on the book of the guilty wear this gear to the point from which it is associated with sin.

Ranks

Rank 1- Scout of Velka. Will be sent by Amadeous Eladsyrd, Son of Velka (Amadeous313) or a commanding officer to purge sinners in the area of our choice (one of the areas that isn't a 2+ location). AS a scout we may move you to another location if we find more danger there.

Rank 2- Bishop of Velka. The hardest sinners to purge are found in certain areas of he world, these areas are covered in sin. The forest, the Kiln, the Burg, Dark Anor Londo, and Township are two new areas accessible for rank two messengers. Feel free to use any means necessary to win an invasion.

Rank 3- Knight of Velka/Mage of Velka/Priest of Velka. (depending on gear or build. As a knight, a wizard, or priest you have higher political standing as a member of our covenant. This include's access to the Bank of the Messengers. The Bank of the Messengers will be a covenant supply of items accessible to Ranks 3+. Need humanity? done. Any farmable item you request.

Rank 4- Captain of Velka/Wizard of Velka/Pope of Velka. This is the officer rank. Anyone in this rank has command over the lower levels and helps to plan wars, and events.

Rank 5- Amadeous Eladsyrd, son of Velka. (my personal Rank. Creator of the covenant) As the leader I will declare Wars against all the enemies of light. Note that rank 4's will have some pull on my decisions.

How to Rank up.

rank 1-2. To advance from rank 1 to rank too you must have shown true skill in battle in the places you were assigned. You must collect ten souvenirs in a day at 7 separate occasions. Each occasion will be in a separate location of our choice.

rank 2-3. To advance to rank 3 you must prove even more skill in battle. 30 souvenirs from the forest, 30 from the kiln, 30 from Dark Anor Londo, 30 from Township or Burg. After you have gotten these I will assign you to face an officer using a red sign soapstone in a location that we will agree on. This match will be no holds barred. If you win 3 out of 5 then you get the rank. If you fail, you will get another opportunity until after ten souvenirs from the Kiln or forest (any combination of the locations will work)

rank 3-4. to advance to an officer rank you will have to show brave heroism in battle. taking down target enemy figure in wars and impressing me will get you the rank. I will inform you if you earned a promotion. After a promotion, it is customary to have a duel with me. Whether you win or lose will not affect your promotion. It is just a rite of passage.

Thoughts?

MEMBERS

PS3
    Amadeous313 (forum name swordiris)
    HughGJohnson (Forum name Hugh_G_Johnson)
    luvz2fight2 (forum name Paragon)
    jweeby6 (forum name Jweeby6)
    Squashy__Avocado(forum name Squashy_Avocado)
    zwanzigtausend (forum name (zwanzig-tausend)
    Doomgrap (forum name Tehdoomgrasp)
    Halicarnassis (forum name Halicarnassis)
    Revolver-Dragon1 (forum name WhiteFatalisLegacy3)
    Wizard_Cleave (Forum name Jansports)
    silentmonkey (froum name silentmonkey3)
    SorisGoldwing (forum name Soris Goldwing)
    KNIFE4LIFE32 (forum name Renny)
    InsaneManiac21 (forum name Insane21)
    LeonKennedy85 (forum name Latitoast)
    xDaemonNachtx (Forum name DaemonNacht)
    Comrade Sparkle (Forum name Comrade Sparkle.)
    IceGodzilla777(Forum name Icegodzilla.)
    ChaosLambentARK (forum name DarkmoonKaiser)
    Hereticforlife (forum name Hereticforlife)
    fieryhyperion (forum name chaz0612)
    PC

currently inactive
    Squashy_Avocado
    Comrade Sparkle
    Jweeby6
    zwanzig-tausend

Member ranks

Swordiris 5
    HughGJohnson 4
    SorisGoldwing 4
    WhiteFatalisLegacy3 4
    Paragon 3
    Renny 3
    Squashy 2

Everyone else rank 1

Last edited by swordiris on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 pm; edited 15 times in total
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:45 pm

Ah, yes... liking the new thread! cool

I got a ton of ears tonight/this morning in the Demon Ruins again -- that seems to be the only reliable location for invasions anymore oddly. My favorite was teaming up with the Taurus Demon atop the stairs after the host used the ridiculous I-frames on the DWGR to avoid a kill shot and get room to sip estus multiple times. To the hosts credit, he didn't charge in -- but you can't snipe him with arrows without really ticking him off. :razz: And that dude will chase you down! If you don't know; aggro that guy and then run from him back to the bonfire and watch how far he chases you. LOL

I got a similar one in Dark Anor Londo, too. The guy was naked with a great club and he ran from my DMB after taking some damage. He ran all the way from the moving stairs to the structure between the two walkways leading to the archers. I lost sight of him for a sec and between hoping he'd continue and not wanting to get wogged off the ledge from around a corner I continued up. He went the other way and I decided to just keep going and chill on the other side of the Silver knight. I browsed the forums for a while and even forgot that I was still "playing". Finally, I heard some noise in the bonfire room and decided to go kill this guy. He was no where to be found, though. Finally, when I got back outside I saw the stairs move up. I hit the switch while hurled firebombs at me -- cute. rolling eyes When the stairs lower he's running off the other side. Look Skyward Luckily he turns around and after some shield waving and kicking from both sides he started to close. Curiously he chose to stand where there wasn't railing and hit a wog while I was well out of range; thanks for the warning! I came closer and mid-rolled like a boss through a wog and hit a wog before I could see him again. I adjusted my camera just in time to see him sliding right off the edge! Wave I checked the time: hurry up 29 minutes after I invaded him! How mad was he to die like that after that wait?!?! twisted lol!

Duel

We are in the absolute final stages of planning for the event! The time is near!

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:08 pm

You are doing a great job with the fencing event Hugh.

I'm planning on an event to celebrate our reign myself.

I'm trying to think of the details but it will have something to do with going on a major pvp night and driving sinners completely nuts until we are not getting invasions moving from area to area.
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm really liking that idea Sword.

Also, after 12th June, I'm all free as it comes to school terms so I'll easily have time provided it's on a weekend and not too late into the night for me. Messengers of Velka Reign 4033492644
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:32 pm

I´ll just keep randomly invade people until the event is arranged.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Also, don't forget to update your signatures to link to the new thread!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 pm

New thread? Good to have, now we can get business going. Little sinners keep dying to our hands is always a good thing to hear as we are doing our jobs right.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 am

I had to watch an entire cut-scene in the depths earier right after I invaded. I have seen the start of the cutscene before, but it actually showed the whole thing -- I thought I was going to get to join in. That was weird, but not long after that I loaded directly into the cutscene for the Gwyndolin fight. I mean into it. It was my character in Spirit of Vengeance blue walking right into Gwyn's tomb. After the cutscene I spawned like normal next to the switch for the stairs and was able to go all the way to the fog. I tried to get through but couldn't. The host died and I got an ear, too!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:19 am

.....How the heck is that possible Hugh? That sounds like a really wierd glitch you had. Though I can't but laugh a bit because if that host was in Gwyn's tomb than than means Gwyndolin killed him.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't know... I was trying everything I could think of to get through the fog. Luckily Gwyndolin came through before I started going through my inventory and trying to throw stuff at the fog. silly I think I've heard of similar glitches, maybe not the invader seeing himself in the cutscene. I wonder if there's any chance the host saw me too...
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:I had to watch an entire cut-scene in the depths earier right after I invaded. I have seen the start of the cutscene before, but it actually showed the whole thing -- I thought I was going to get to join in. That was weird, but not long after that I loaded directly into the cutscene for the Gwyndolin fight. I mean into it. It was my character in Spirit of Vengeance blue walking right into Gwyn's tomb. After the cutscene I spawned like normal next to the switch for the stairs and was able to go all the way to the fog. I tried to get through but couldn't. The host died and I got an ear, too!

Thats pretty cool.

Fate must have frowned upon that sinner.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Guess what guys?

Drum roll please... :
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Finally. Now start signing up people!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Yes! This^ I didn't sign anyone else up; I figure the rest of us signing up is a good way to bump the thread. That means you too, Iceman!

Also; I have a new sig pic as you can see to promote the event. Please try to make room in your sig to at least link to the event. Those of you with room for the pic can copy/paste this:

[URL=https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t22202-new-forum-event-dark-souls-fencing[IMG=250x150][img]https://2img.net/h/s20.postimg.cc/aieeqjk9p/lunapic_137031303864300_1.jpg[/img][/url]
    [url=http://postimage.org/][/URL]

...I disabled BBCode for this post, so you can drop that right into your signature and it will work as a picture/link straight to the event thread.
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Today I tasted the sweetness of slaughtering sinners as a Darkmoon for the first time, and I'm hooked! Hurrah I'd like to join if you're still looking for newbies.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:38 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:I had to watch an entire cut-scene in the depths earier right after I invaded. I have seen the start of the cutscene before, but it actually showed the whole thing -- I thought I was going to get to join in. That was weird, but not long after that I loaded directly into the cutscene for the Gwyndolin fight. I mean into it. It was my character in Spirit of Vengeance blue walking right into Gwyn's tomb. After the cutscene I spawned like normal next to the switch for the stairs and was able to go all the way to the fog. I tried to get through but couldn't. The host died and I got an ear, too!

This has happened to me as well. In fact Hugh was the first person I told about it. Same boss too except in my case i didnt get an ear. Messengers of Velka Reign 1985502568

Hugh you lucky bastard
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:40 pm

HereticForLife wrote:Today I tasted the sweetness of slaughtering sinners as a Darkmoon for the first time, and I'm hooked! Messengers of Velka Reign 558843162 I'd like to join if you're still looking for newbies.

Hello Heretic, and welcome. As with all new member, Psn or xbox, you gotta get SwordIris's okay in order to join. Here's hoping you get accepted Messengers of Velka Reign 460936331 and welcome to the good fight.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Ah I see you like the purpose of being a darkmoon. I am only the xbox captain so it falls to swordiris choice but I say we are always good with new members.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:13 pm

HereticForLife wrote:Today I tasted the sweetness of slaughtering sinners as a Darkmoon for the first time, and I'm hooked! Hurrah I'd like to join if you're still looking for newbies.

We would like to have you. Post your gamer tag and Sword will officially add you. And then I can officially welcome you. big grin Also, I love that sig -- I keep looking at it and I LOL every time!

luvz2fight wrote:Hugh you lucky bastard

Au contraire my foul-mouthed friend -- while frantically trying to get through the fog I was swinging away with my claymore making one hell of a racket. Surely, the host was distracted by this noise and that ear is but one of many ears for which my claymore is responsible. So you see luck has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    HereticForLife
    HereticForLife
    Casual
    Casual

Post by HereticForLife Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Thank you folks! My gamertag is just Hereticforlife lol. Looking forward to continuing the murder.

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Also, I love that sig -- I keep looking at it and I LOL every time!

Haha yeah, I got it off the DkS Memes topic. There are some real gems over there big grin
    zwanzig-tausend
    zwanzig-tausend
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zwanzig-tausend Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Well, seeing as I have been inactive a couple days and practically still can't invade in Demon Ruins (as Ceaseless Discharge yet lives ;p), I'll wait for Sword's next order rather than executing your last order as replacement commander Hugh(, unless Sword gives me the same oder ;p).
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 am

Well I am not be on this weekend but with school over I'll see what I can do for the week. When the event gets close I will bring my 110 main to NG+ so it can host. It should work fine and the only reason I did not bring it so to NG+ is due to making it easy to rid areas of npcs so I can host solo fights easier.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 pm

So does anyone have anything interesting to add? The quietness is not a good thing for me.
    DarkMoon Kaiser
    DarkMoon Kaiser

Messengers of Velka Reign Empty Messangers of Velka Reign

Post by DarkMoon Kaiser Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 pm

If thou would take me, I shall fight in the name of thine Goddess Velka, but be aware that I shall always be loyal to thine Master Gwyndolin of the Dark Sun. I was recommended to join this convenant atthe urging of the most noble of souls, Soris Ice Goldwing.

In mine haste, I hath forgotten to add the universe in which mine spirit resides within: The Lordran of the planar dimension of the Xbox

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm