Who: Everyone! Tell your friends, tell your enemies, spread the word!!!
When: July 20th, 9am-9pm PST (noon to midnight EST)
Where: The Undead Parish. Duels will take place on the bridge with the alluring skulls. Summon signs are to be placed in the open area leading to the bridge, near the stairs up to the area. Hosts will observe duels from the vantage point to the left of the stairs.
This event is designed to celebrate the growth and success of our young covenant and spread the Message of Velka. We want to bring a unique and fun event to our forum brothers and sisters. Dark Souls fencing is meant to be fun and easy to access. The rules are designed to maximize the role-play elements of fencing as well as the competitive and tactical aspects.
• Max SL 100
• You must dual wield any combination of the Estoc, Rapier, Velka's Rapier or Ricard's Rapier
• No 2-handing a weapon at any time
• Your chest, arm and leg armor must all be zero poise
• You must wear a helmet with poise, but NOT Havel's
• Wolf, Leo, Hornet & Dark Wood Grain rings are forbidden
• No item usage whatsoever (flasks, humanity, green blossoms, buffs, etc.)
• No rolling
• Stay on the bridge, in front of and facing your opponent at all times (yes, this means no back-stabs)
• And of course... no castings!
Rolling is prohibited, however, it is understood it will happen on accident. Backwards and side rolling are easy to do on accident so hosts should have a lenient attitude toward these rolls. Front rolling however, should be easy to avoid doing and can offer a great advantage. So, hosts should be less lenient especially if the offender presses an advantage gained by forward rolling. Falling off the bridge will happen on accident as well; the punishment will be the fall damage. If you fall make your way back to the bridge and the fight will reset without any healing. In the event of an accidental back-stab both fighters should heal and restart the match.
The two combatants will face off in the middle of the bridge standing approximately two sword lengths from eachother. Both will bow when ready and the duel will commence when the last bow animation ends. Dark Souls Fencing will be based on the roots of fencing, in other words: the last one to die wins.
Click the link above or go to "dksfencing.chatango.com"
Last edited by Hugh_G_Johnson on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 10 times in total