Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Soris Ice Goldwing
silentmonkey3
swordiris
Hugh_G_Johnson
Jansports
billy_bayonet
chaz0612
shadowzninjaz
WhiteFatalisLegacy3
JamieJae
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Icegodzilla
Latitoast
Halicarnassis
DarkMoon Kaiser
HereticForLife
Encore
zwanzig-tausend
22 posters

Messengers of Velka Reign

Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Messengers of Velka Reign - Page 16 Empty Re: Messengers of Velka Reign

Post by Paragon Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 pm

The Paragon has returned...
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 am

I will only say this once Hugh: Get recruits. Lack of activity shows we lost all members but you me, paragon, and sword.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 am

Ive got a friend on xbox that I KNOW I can convince into joining. He's still wet behind the ears but I trained him myself so rest assured the guy can hold his own.

I'll contact him when I can and yall should hear from him shortly. Be sure to give him a warm welcome.

More importantly: what happened to Latitoast, Cat, and 20? Have they not posted at all since i left?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 am

Sorry to hear you won't be as active Sword.  I will do my best to lead the Messengers until Dark Souls II launches! Proper Bow 

Jans and Silent are also active, Soris (also, Hali showed up for the event and said he's been busy, so I'd say he's busy rather than inactive).  It appears we have Paragon back, also.  Welcome back!  20 was going to be a way for a while, I think on vacation or something.   I was under the impression he would have been back by now, though -- so I don't know.  Lati is on the forums, I'm guessing he just doesn't DM anymore.  I think Cat is like Renny was, active on the forums but not as enthusiastic about actually playing the game anymore.

I've been switching in other games myself, I'm getting kinda tired with a lot of the crap people pull in this game.  But, just today -- I played a game online I had scarcely played online in a while and believe it or not the scumbag factor blew DkS out of the water.  And nothing compares to that feeling of sticking it to trolls, BS fishers and/or gankers that you get in Dark Souls.  So, I will be around for the long haul.  In fact, I got my first true piece of hatemail ever the other day.  I was on my sl 100 int build, invaded the PW.  I made my way to the bonfire and got a message "bridge".  He's waiting on the bridge in full Havel's with a Havel's shield and a Black Knight GS.  He would not come off the bridge, even to try and finish me off.  I was trying to parry, but partialed a jump attack and not thinking thought I was just late.  I tried to parry earlier and got thumped pretty good. silly So I healed then got out dung pies and poison knives (what else can I do? No magic, no BS...).  I got the toxic & poison going, hit him with a few counters with the chaos halberd and went to hit him with Lloyd's, unfortunately he healed right before I hit him.  But, I eventually got him.  I did not bother following normal hatemail protocol, due to the rather shocking content of his message that isn't even worth hinting at.  The gist of the less shocking part was that I had played like a small cat.  I found that humorous considering he was obviously hoping to kick me off the bridge right after I spawned and really gave me no other choice using Havel's and spamming jump attacks with no way to even attack him from the side.

I have a true Handsome Hugh build (strickingly handsome, no helm, with svelt physique and elegant, fashionable attire).  I also decided to experiment with an Alucard cosplay as well, since the armor setup is fairly similar.  It's pretty damn good -- especially considering the kinda goofy stat distribution I have in order to use all the Alucard stuff.  I'd like to be able to use more bleed weapons, but unfortunately neither the stats nor the weapons really allow for that.  And I didn't really feel like using the Katana; even though there are katanas in SotN it doesn't feel right.  Actually... the gold tracer is kinda like the crissaegrim, though; both attack in quick flashes, are deadly and moderately to severely broken.  

I've found I kinda like the bastard sword while using it as Alucard.  I'm also using spears now when needed (when not Alucard).  I ran into someone with a Dragon Slayer Spear and remembered I had a spear on me, so I pulled it out and won quite easily. big grin I used it again on a katana ninja, so I added at least one spear to most of my builds.   Edit:  I forgot, I'm also using the shotel on my Alucard build.  I have that on a few of my builds, but never bother to use it.  I'm also enjoying having that around. twisted 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Hugh, how about an Exiled-MoV co-hosted event. Something with an "interesting" twist that might break through some of the boredom with the "same-old-same-old"?

Just a thought....

As to what?

* thinking    Coffee!  *
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 pm

4 corners: summon two via RSS, get invaded, everybody go to your corner, bow and come out fighting!  Best part is; a random can't screw it up.  I've done this in the burg on two seperate occasions a total of three times with random people who only organised it with body language and gestures... oh, and once 4 prism stones were used.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:07 pm

I would like to join Paragon sent me.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Excellent.  Welcome to our realm, Psycho.  Start in the Painted World.
    Renegade
    Renegade

Post by Renegade Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:43 pm

k
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Either way we lost more members than we wanted to and in itself it not okay with me. My role here is simply the observer, the judge and the executioner. I will guide this covenant and offer my wisdom when called for it while killing when I must. But my third role has moved to other games now. Also as new leader this thread is herby null and void and must be redone by you Hugh. I won't let this place die Hugh.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:20 am

The new thread is on it's way.  I want to have an up-to-date roster, but I don't want to boot anybody who is still lurking around.  So... any lurkers out there who haven't posted in a while please drop in say hi and do so more frequently (I will send a mass PM to inactive members).  Please feel free to hang out with us even if you don't play Dark Souls anymore.  We will be a Dark Souls II covenant as well -- so we will be here for the long haul and the wisdom of a fellow Messenger is always valued.

Speaking of Messenger wisdom.  I would like to continue what we started a long time ago with darkmoon tips for different areas.  I'm thinking of reserving a post on the first page to put advice we collect for one another in spoilers for different areas and perhaps in general.  I think it'd be a good way to get people posting.  Also, what about an ear of the week?  We post our best kills for the week, vote for our favorite the following week and post the winner in another reserved post for kill of the week at the beginning of the new thread and the winner gets an automatic +1 rep from me. Thoughts? Other ideas?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:02 am

Oh, almost forgot... what's your gamer tag, Psycho?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 am

With your artistic touch...I can't wait to see the new thread. big grin
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 am

No pressure or anything though, right?  What do you (and everyone else) think of the four corners idea?  Captain Goldwing seemed to like it.

Also, update: I sent out a PM to our inactive members.  I'll probably post the new thread within the next day.  I can list all inactive members and update it from there as needed.  It's basically ready to go, but I still want to straighten some things out first.  
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:03 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:No pressure or anything though, right?  What do you (and everyone else) think of the four corners idea?  Captain Goldwing seemed to like it.

Also, update: I sent out a PM to our inactive members.  I'll probably post the new thread within the next day.  I can list all inactive members and update it from there as needed.  It's basically ready to go, but I still want to straighten some things out first.  

The "Four Corners" idea...this would be a 1v1v1v1 free-for-all? I would suggest some limiting factors to eliminate "one-hit wonders" so that the "fun" factor is preserved.

But that's just me...
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:00 am

drumroll...:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am

Since there is no more need for this thread, I'm going to lock this up, I'll move it to the tomb once appropriate time has been allowed for members to move over to the new thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 am