Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Latitoast
KrazykevS10
Soul of Stray Demon
Wilkinson3424
Carphil
RANT
FinPeku
Jansports
billy_bayonet
WaffleGuy
Sentiel
Hart
Ghadis_God
StiffNipples
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
cerealaire
SirArchmage
21 posters

Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle.

SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle. Empty Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle.

Post by SirArchmage Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:21 am

Hello folks.

I have said this in chat a few times, but decided to make a thread about it where I would detail my adventures.

So to start off, what IS this crazy thing that I am talking about? Well, I will tell you. I am taking a character and starting the game, naming it after a member of the forum, and progressing into what will eventually be a build that is based off their main playstyle or their favorite build. But, if I die, the character dies forever. Delete saved game. So no do-overs, even if I am invaded by three hackers with "Ancient Pulse", fall off a ledge because I wasn't I wasn't looking, or die by a glitch in the game.

To give an example, my character based off of RANT was a strength build. He smashed most things to bits by going to get the Great Club right off the bat, and parried most things that came close. Sadly, though, in Sen's Fortress he was hit by a pendulum because of the Wizard serpent man and took a straight dive down into the tar pit.

Though since I am making a whole thread about it I will do over the ones that have died already(Hart, Mr. Tart, and RANT) so that I may again tell their tales in this thread. So, for anyone wanting me to do a playthrough as them, tell me your favorite build and your playstyle and I will be sure to try to do them all. If I have no suggestions though I will just pick at random.

The Dark Diaries: Chapter 1, StiffNipples
    The Dark Diaries: Chapter 2, SirArchmage
    The Dark Diaries: Chapter 3, Sentiel

Last edited by SirArchmage on Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle. Empty Re: Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle.

Post by cerealaire Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:24 am

what about pregnant mother?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle. Empty Re: Iron Man Mode - Dark Souls style. Making a character based after a forum member and beating the game like his build and playstyle.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:50 am

Big Hat+Velka's Rapier is my style.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 am

I don't really have a set playstyle of fav build anymore (I usually just cosplay now days, everything from fatrolling Stone Knight to Shivas Ninja), but one of my most enjoyable builds was Papa Smurf, so if you want to you could play through as him big grin

The weapon, armour and shield are all easily obtained too. I went Wolf and FaP ring I think, fat body type, blue skin.

Good work on doing the Ironman (Hardcore) runs too, I find them the most tense thing I've done since my first playthrough. Still haven't finished the game with one yet, but that's mostly because I tried to RP Kirito from Sword Art Online (dual swordsman, light armour/fast roll), but I'll ge there one day. Best I've done so far was the Forest (killing everything up until that first knight) where I missed a parry and died sad
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 am

RANT, Tart, Hart, RIP guys. You will be missed. ;(

How do you plan on dealing with Seath if you can't die even once?

Here, try mine:
    http://mmdks.com/3f16
    This is the setup I use the most now. It's nothing exceptional and quite tryhard imho. I like to swap my weapons and shield around for maximum PvE effectivness. Even though it has Pyros, I try to avoid them if possible.
    For example, I wouldn't use this setup for Kalameet, but I'd swap to Scythe instead.

I'm anxious to hear how and where will I die. winking

I'd repay the service by trying the game with your build, but my roster is full.

EDIT:
    Oh, so Iron Man run means that any death is permanent huh?
    Sounds interesting. I'd go for it as well, if I didn't boast to have nearly 0 deaths. Gotta be PvE pro to run stickied co-op thread. silly
    No seriously. I only die to Seath, because I can't do the elevator trick and sometimes to BoC if it decides to be a %&$#@.
    Usually, even invaders are no problem, because when I'm questing, I get quite nasty in PvP and use every dirty trick I know to get rid of my vader. Usually doing a surprise bs behind a corner etc.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:53 am

Interesting. You could pick me, but that would mean running a Q build Dragon with a variety of Halberds, the Claymore, and curved Greatswords, which wouldn't be too practical in earlygame, especially the dragon. 

I'm also very fond of pyro/dex with a heavy focus on pyro. Ton of Att slots, curved sword or dagger, Great Scythe, and a tattered look. I think I could do it, too. I usually don't die in PvE from anything other than a suicide run for some weapon or sheer carelessness. Manus has a decent chance of killing me too but only since I've hardly fought him compared to the other bosses.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 am

SirArchmage wrote:Hart

What was my build?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:31 am

Hart wrote:

What was my build?
    99 Res, Broken Straight Sword, Seek Guidance.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 am

Sentiel wrote:
    Hart wrote:

What was my build?
    99 Res, Broken Straight Sword, Seek Guidance.

This is supposed to be a challenge run, not a cakewalk~
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 am

be billeh!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:29 pm

That's  awesome,  it would be even better if you could stream it.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 pm

If this were streamed/recorded I'd be very interested. Mostly just to see one guy run the gambit of playstyles. Big slow Str tank. Flippy Katana man. All spells all the time. Buff build. Elemental builds Quality builds.

Because as it is the only person I've seen use such a variety of builds is myself, and actually they start looking similar at a point. Run around, hit that, BS that snakeman, say "hi" to tarkus ect.

I get a lot of enjoyment seeing how other people tackle dark souls because 99% of the time I learn something new or see something I'd have not thought of.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 pm

http://mmdks.com/3f6x

Good luck!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:48 pm

FinPeku wrote:http://mmdks.com/3f6x

Good luck!

pfff! you're main build is a bkga and hornet ring that does nothing but roll bs, why didnt you show him that one?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:52 pm

RANT wrote: pfff! you're main build is a bkga and hornet ring that does nothing but roll bs, why didnt you show him that one?
    I haven't used that a lot recently. I've been enjoying the great club hornet ring build i copied from you.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Did I just hear the sound of burn?

I really enjoyed bow only run, Sorceries only run and Str tank run. Although the tank was pretty annoying at times thanks to his walking speed. But I liked how he could stun every boss with a few hits.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:19 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    RANT wrote: pfff! you're main build is a bkga and hornet ring that does nothing but roll bs, why didnt you show him that one?
    I haven't used that a lot recently. I've been enjoying the great club hornet ring build i copied from you.

GC for the win!!!
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:07 pm

The Ballad of StiffNipples

Now, let me all tell you of a man that went by the name of StiffNipples. He was an odd one, for certain, one of the few chosen undead that was deprived. But did his lack of clothing stop him from running over Lordran? Nay! He stormed out of the undead asylum with his club and smashed the Taurus demon to bits shortly after! Upon exiting the boss arena from the Taurus demon, he came to a close call with this spear man on a narrow ledge under a dragon, but still yet prevailed. He exited a sewer that he was in, to see the face of a large metal boar. He noticed that under his feet, there seemed to be a sign on the ground. A sign to summon someone else to his world? Well why not! He summoned the fool, but those other undead fools thought they could close a gate on him before he could get through it! So, taking his best running skills, he ran past the boar and through the gate before it could close, and shut the boar out away from him before it got close! But, what happened to the one he summoned? Suddenly, the phantom he summoned pops up, and it only greeted to a mob of undead, an angry boar and a host on the other side of the gate. He did not last long, and StiffNipples had a great laugh at his expense. Running through the church, he again took on the undead like it was nothing, parrying the balder knights and out tanking the steel knight. He was a boss.

From there, he left down through a forest to smite this weird looking butterfly with the help of this one crazy chick he met. Leaving there, he went down the side of a mountain, to fight a very annoying black knight that almost was his end, kill a group of golems and their hydra compatriot, and parry this fool named Havel all in one go. He then went down even further, down an elevator and past these wanna-be dragons to a very smelly and swamp-like area. It was there, he found the greatest of all weapons. Some stupid girl in rags tried to invade him, and she was quickly smote, as she had no idea how MLGPROSWAG StiffNipples was. On her dead body, he found the glorious piece of weaponry. The Butcher Knife! He sang with joy as he received it, but soon after cursed how heavy it was and how high strength he needed. But, using this Butcher knife, he ran through Lordran once more, slaying the Gargoyles for an epic kill! With the help of this one shiny yellow man.

After killing the gargoyles, he thought he needed more souls. He needed them to level up, and better be prepared for the world ahead of him! So he took his talents to Lower Undead burg, having quite a few close calls with these wicked bandits that throughly enjoyed to bleed StiffNipples out, as StiffNipples had next to no bleed resist due to his enjoyment of fighting naked. He soon met this crappy ganker that tried to use duel Demon Machetes to kill him. Really? Duel Demon Machetes? get gud scrub. StiffNipples scrapped the floor with him and his ganking dogs. He then took to the depths, and had a very short time there as he ravaged the land with his Knife, even meeting two fools that tried to use the same knife against him! They had no right to use such a thing of beauty, so he killed them where they stood. After the two wanna-be butcher knife people, he meet yet another Wanna-be dragon! Albeit this one was quite a large dragon, StiffNipples still killed the dragon with the ease one would expect of someone as mighty as he. With all these souls, he upgraded his knife, leveled up, and planned on taking on this stupid "Chaos Witch" in BLighttown he has been hearing all about! He was going to wreck her. But, StiffNipples is not exactly the smartest man. Upon running through the Valley of Wanna-be Dragons, he noticed a few items sitting between the claws of this particularly ugly looking thing. He knew trickery when he see's it, and knew that should he take them the dragon would come up and take a swipe at him! So as quickly as he could, he grabbed one of the items, then another, and as the dragon popped up to try to attack him, StiffNipples ran away and did a running jump to escape the claw! Now, while he did dodge this massive claw, he took a fall off the side of the cliff in the process...........

And so ends the ballad of Stiff Nipples.

Build at the time of death: http://mmdks.com/3f8h

Last edited by SirArchmage on Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:15 pm

damn you stiffnipples, that's what you get for beign greedy!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Loved the idea, and lore Arch! Well done!

I'm assuming you'll get a huge build list, so why not contribute? silly

http://mmdks.com/3f8g
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Hart wrote:

What was my build?
    I had no idea what you played as, so I just decided that you would be a dex/pyro. Feel free to give me a build so that I can do you later.

Up next, is Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:01 pm

If you can die with my setup, you have no casulty in you.
    Better take it to the Kiln. :evil:

I'm 100% sure he's gonna die to Capra, or worse, Taurus, or fall to his death while being afk. Imagine anything super embarassing.
    Archie, gimme your build. I wanna do the same run for you. I even made an alt PSN.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:05 pm

Sentiel wrote:If you can die with my setup, you have no casulty in you.
    Better take it to the Kiln. :evil:

I'm 100% sure he's gonna die to Capra, or worse, Taurus, or fall to his death while being afk. Imagine anything super embarassing.
    Archie, gimme your build. I wanna do the same run for you. I even made an alt PSN.
    You, thankfully, just killed the Taurus Demon.

Here is one of my best PvP builds that I haven't used in a while, but still like using. http://mmdks.com/30dy

What Alternate PSN name did you make? I expect you made some account called "The_Magic_Spammer_Vivi"
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:11 pm

It's actually named Zansacu and it should mean slaughterhouse in Japnese. I think I'll keep it. big grin

Got your build. Should be a cakewalk since it's Int.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:24 pm

My playstyle is a big lower body blue woman deprived, with calamity ring, un-upgraded the entire playthrough.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:27 am