Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Fayt
Wilkinson3424
Myztyrio
TheMeInTeam
Serious_Much
tigab95
TheWanderer101
Reaperfan
MosquitoPower
Cronotis
MikailArksot
Forum Pirate
IHateTheFourKings
CakeThiefPro
mr_no_face
19 posters

What I really don't want to see in Drk Souls 2

SarahCassandra
    SarahCassandra
    Casual
    Casual

What I really don't want to see in Drk Souls 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: What I really don't want to see in Drk Souls 2

Post by SarahCassandra Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:36 am

I don't want bad FPS I really could not care less about another blightown/Vally of defilement area as long as its has good FPS. As much as it might be a benefit i don't want multiplayer to be on servers... i like the peer to peer system ds has it may be unreliable and at least it still works now and if it was severs chances are it would of been shut off by now and dark souls wouldn't be the game it is now.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

What I really don't want to see in Drk Souls 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: What I really don't want to see in Drk Souls 2

Post by Serious_Much Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 am

SarahCassandra wrote:I don't want bad FPS I really could not care less about another blightown/Vally of defilement area as long as its has good FPS. As much as it might be a benefit i don't want multiplayer to be on servers... i like the peer to peer system ds has it may be unreliable and at least it still works now and if it was severs chances are it would of been shut off by now and dark souls wouldn't be the game it is now.
    Actually the demon's souls servers are still going strong all the way back from 4 years ago. Hence I don't think dark souls servers would have been shut down to be honest
    SarahCassandra
    SarahCassandra
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SarahCassandra Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:43 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    SarahCassandra wrote:I don't want bad FPS I really could not care less about another blightown/Vally of defilement area as long as its has good FPS. As much as it might be a benefit i don't want multiplayer to be on servers... i like the peer to peer system ds has it may be unreliable and at least it still works now and if it was severs chances are it would of been shut off by now and dark souls wouldn't be the game it is now.
    Actually the demon's souls servers are still going strong all the way back from 4 years ago. Hence I don't think dark souls servers would have been shut down to be honest
    Well maybe im pessimistic but if demons souls is still going strong with servers maybe it'll be good, but im also still on the edge if Dark souls 2 will live up to Demons souls/Dark souls, but i trust From Software.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 am

I'm concerned too. Though to be honest I'm liking what I've seen from the demos and the added features that everyone says are in it. I think it's gonna really develop the game as far as regular mob combat and level exploration is concerned.

What I'm waiting on though now is the bosses, but to be honest I think they'll try keep those under wraps best they can, all I wanna know is they're more varied than they were on dark souls, just to make things more interesting.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:47 pm

SarahCassandra wrote:I don't want bad FPS I really could not care less about another blightown/Vally of defilement area as long as its has good FPS.
    Reaperfan wrote:There was a quote back in one of the developer interviews where they said they cared more about the impact of the moment than the technical limitations of the machine.  If they need to risk some frame issues in order to attempt to deliver a moment in the game they really want to, they'll risk the frame issues.

I can't remember the exact quote and am too lazy right now to look it up, but I know it's been said that they aren't treating framerate with much priority.
    SarahCassandra
    SarahCassandra
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SarahCassandra Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    SarahCassandra wrote:I don't want bad FPS I really could not care less about another blightown/Vally of defilement area as long as its has good FPS.
    Reaperfan wrote:There was a quote back in one of the developer interviews where they said they cared more about the impact of the moment than the technical limitations of the machine.  If they need to risk some frame issues in order to attempt to deliver a moment in the game they really want to, they'll risk the frame issues.

I can't remember the exact quote and am too lazy right now to look it up, but I know it's been said that they aren't treating framerate with much priority.
    If they do that then it could be next to unplayable in some areas... but i could just wait for someone to bring a patch because i only play on PC.
    Xyrelt
    Xyrelt

Post by Xyrelt Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Personally, I would love to do away with the current arena system. If they wish to implement competitive arena-style combat, I feel it should incorporate the following attributes:

-Be completely separate from PvE. The arena should be its own game mode and should not be linked to PvE in any way other than that which I'm about to describe.

-Allow players will be able to equip thier characters and modify their stats however they wish. The only stipulations being that stat modification is done through increasing soul level (same as Dark Souls) and that only equipment players have obtained through the main game may be used in the arena. Players will be matched against opponents of similar SL to prevent imbalance, and the use of equipment found by the player in the main game will promote exploration; we wouldn't want to spoil what treasures are to be discovered in the main game.

These are the two primary attributes I wish to see in a new arena system for Dark Souls II. Another idea is the use of souls collected in arena matches for player progression such as leveling characters and upgrading equipment. I'm quite satisfied with my two points above, but it would be interesting to see what From Soft could do with a player progression system. Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Have three different tiers, for example 50,100,150. You can choose whatever stats and weapons you want, regardless if you unlock them, (in order to be fair). They are fully upgraded down whatever path you choose. Pretty much just do put something like mugen in dark souls.

On Topic. I don't want to see ganks.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:23 pm

This is kind of non specific...and something that has been talked to death... 
    But I don't want to see a location that can result in instant death that takes a long time to get to.

Silver Arrow Knights in Anor.
    Bed of Chaos.

If Bed of Chaos was as close as ceaseless discharge's boss fog to bonfire ratio it would have been MUCH less annoying.

If the Silver Arrow Knights were guarding the path from the Gargoyle walkway to the painting guarding church, it would have been tough, but not tough AND a 3 mile run.

A good example of what I would like to see is the beginning of Dukes (before 1st Seath fight).
    That entry way right after the bonfire is SUPER well guarded, but if things go bad its only a short elevator ride away to restarting.
    I don't mind getting beat down 40 times in a row, but I want to spend my time getting beat down... not running a marathon.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 pm

^ agreed
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Silver knights curve-ball arrows were obnoxious.  That's the only way I've died there the last few times I've died in that part; arrow from other archer curves around pillar and knocks me down, then I get hit again before the game lets me get up from the one in front of me.  Arrows shouldn't curve, or if they do, they should do it when WE fire the bow also.  Either it's a property of the weapon/spell or it isn't.

Bed of Chaos shouldn't have existed no matter where they put it.  Dark Souls (and souls games in general) are about fair difficulty; measure surroundings and enemies and engage them intelligently and there's a good chance you get through 1st try.  BoC is the only overt design choice that diverges.  BoC would have been "fair" if the floors didn't fall out, but instead the pits started there.  If that were the case, you could see the patterns of BoC and bait attacks, navigating carefully to either side.  Instead, because you don't know the floors will fall out or where on a 1st playthrough, you have nothing to rely upon except luck.  You can plan a route all you want, and KNOW the branch is going to swing at you, but unless you know where the hole is going to be, you won't make it before you get swatted into it.  I stand by the assertion that this fight would have been miles better if the pits started there already.  Instead of a kaizo Mario coin block, it would be real difficulty then, because you could gauge the attacks and their impact on where you can go.

I do think long runs and lots of farming for weapon upgrades are both obnoxious.  IMO if you reach end-game area you should be able to buy any upgrade materials rather than forcing us to farm them.  There's no point to making the player waste time no matter what.

This happens with large shards; you can buy them later or farm them early if you are struggling with only a +5 weapon.  You can buy twinkling titanite; why the perverse insistence that we had to farm chunks and/or slabs?  It's not like it took any special ability to attain them, and it's not like they were a huge advantage over things you could get without heavy farming.  The mechanic made no sense.  Rather than forcing us to do 8 black knight runs into kiln for a chunk + red chunk, just let us buy them please...if we made it that far we already made it past the areas to farm this stuff without needing to farm.  Reward skill...even if you have to make buying them a NG+ only thing.  That would be fine.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Or, We should have the Bed Of Chaos, but is also protected by 4 silver knight archers as the final boss.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Or, We should have the Bed Of Chaos, but is also protected by 4 silver knight archers as the final boss.
    Lol, I can't think of much worse than that.

Throw in a chaneller and 2 armoured boars and we got the worst boss ever created
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Or, We should have the Bed Of Chaos, but is also protected by 4 silver knight archers as the final boss.

Throw in a chaneller and 2 armoured boars and we got the worst boss ever created
    Don't forget the fire-breathing dogs! Packs and packs of those!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:54 pm

IHateTheFourKings wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Don't forget the fire-breathing dogs! Packs and packs of those!
    How could i forget- toxic dart guys, duh!
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Why not just place the entire fight in a swamp?
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:04 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:I do think long runs and lots of farming for weapon upgrades are both obnoxious.  IMO if you reach end-game area you should be able to buy any upgrade materials rather than forcing us to farm them.  There's no point to making the player waste time no matter what.
     Farming is a major pain, but in some zones if did give me something to do while waiting for a summon.... unfortunately chunk farming did not always match up with summon areas. Im hopeing they make sure to have that sorted out in DS2... if farming returns.

White chunks/slabs = Tomb of the Giants was perfect. 2nd bonfire for Nito summons, could run all the way through most of the level bustin' towers and pinwheels for white chunks. Bonus with the humanity farming too.

Regular Chunks/slabs for 4 kings= Not so good, all the chunks are out of the popular summoning spot for 4 kings. But that boss was a hot spot for summons so it kind of evened out.

Red Chunks/slabs at BOC = Horrible, Miles and miles of running, and only a few enemies. Not a popular boss for summons.

But I also agree that there should be some system to buy high level items at end game. Perhaps have 1 or 2 of said item available for purchase per play through or something to keep things under control.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:10 pm

MosquitoPower wrote:
    TheMeInTeam wrote:I do think long runs and lots of farming for weapon upgrades are both obnoxious.  IMO if you reach end-game area you should be able to buy any upgrade materials rather than forcing us to farm them.  There's no point to making the player waste time no matter what.
     Farming is a major pain, but in some zones if did give me something to do while waiting for a summon.... unfortunately chunk farming did not always match up with summon areas. Im hopeing they make sure to have that sorted out in DS2... if farming returns.

White chunks/slabs = Tomb of the Giants was perfect. 2nd bonfire for Nito summons, could run all the way through most of the level bustin' towers and pinwheels for white chunks. Bonus with the humanity farming too.

Regular Chunks/slabs for 4 kings= Not so good, all the chunks are out of the popular summoning spot for 4 kings. But that boss was a hot spot for summons so it kind of evened out.

Red Chunks/slabs at BOC = Horrible, Miles and miles of running, and only a few enemies. Not a popular boss for summons.

But I also agree that there should be some system to buy high level items at end game. Perhaps have 1 or 2 of said item available for purchase per play through or something to keep things under control.
    To be fair at very end game in the kiln you can get all the chunks you want at 100% drops from the black knights. I thought that was a pretty fair way of doing it.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Well, the problem is, if you're not going to let us buy slabs, then don't let them be a very very rare random drop. It just makes it more annoying.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 pm

What's the desire to "keep things under control"?  This is a game of skill, right?  Why make it into a game of tedium?

We're not talking about buying 6 WoGs here.  We're talking about using the 500k souls one might have to buy chunks and slabs.  And there is no reason short of the "mindless tedium for all players is a good thing" excuse to force people to farm to get them.  Most of this game is challenging, or tries to be.  Farming is not challenging, it's mind-numbing tedium.  Some people like grinding constantly, and the genre for that is MMORPGs like WoW or Everquest, not Dark Souls where every single stat hits hard diminishing returns before you even halfway max it and the game emphasizes player skill first and foremost.

If you can beat the game with inferior equipment, there is no legit reason I can think of to bar the player from eventually purchasing *good* equipment in NG+, instead of having farm it.

Am I mistaken?  Does such a reason exist?

To be fair at very end game in the kiln you can get all the chunks you want at 100% drops from the black knights. I thought that was a pretty fair way of doing it.
    The rate of return on that is pretty miserable, especially if you're going for anything other than standard or red chunks.  This is still comparatively slow and *can't* provide slabs.  What's so bad about killing the farming in NG+?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Well, then you just start grinding for souls, an argument could be placed that nothing will change, but I for one would much rather buy slabs for like 100,000 souls then farm the darkwraith.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Well to be fair I just choose not to out of personal preference. I don't like killing things that I want drops from and not getting them so I avoid it at all costs.

Reason why i've never farmed for slabs
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:01 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    What's the desire to "keep things under control"?  This is a game of skill, right?  Why make it into a game of tedium?

We're not talking about buying 6 WoGs here.  We're talking about using the 500k souls one might have to buy chunks and slabs.  And there is no reason short of the "mindless tedium for all players is a good thing" excuse to force people to farm to get them.  Most of this game is challenging, or tries to be.  Farming is not challenging, it's mind-numbing tedium.  Some people like grinding constantly, and the genre for that is MMORPGs like WoW or Everquest, not Dark Souls where every single stat hits hard diminishing returns before you even halfway max it and the game emphasizes player skill first and foremost.

If you can beat the game with inferior equipment, there is no legit reason I can think of to bar the player from eventually purchasing *good* equipment in NG+, instead of having farm it.

Am I mistaken?  Does such a reason exist?

The rate of return on that is pretty miserable, especially if you're going for anything other than standard or red chunks.  This is still comparatively slow and *can't* provide slabs.  What's so bad about killing the farming in NG+?
     You make a good point.
    I guess the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about the option of buying a unlimited number of high level items was ..... mules...
    Hordes of low level invaders with top level equipment sick 

But this would (could?) be balanced out if upgrading equipment also upped the stats required to use it. So no level 1 guy running around with a full set of +10 armor and a +10 fire weapon.

It does come down to game background.
    Being a recovering Everquest addict myself, I still struggle with farming withdrawals from time to time....
    Prostration
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Well, that would be even worse against hackers then, I hack on the ability to wield a +10 fire at level 1 and no one could beat me.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:07 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Well, that would be even worse against hackers then, I hack on the ability to wield a +10 fire at level 1 and no one could beat me.
    Hackers tend to have the edge in most situations =P

I was mostly thinking of legitimate players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 am