Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Wade_Wilson
Uparkaam
RANT
xXDaemonarchXx
SlakeMoth
BLA1NE
Whknight
Maneater_Mildred
bloodpixel
strangejoy
14 posters

Notes on Havel's Greatshield Special Ability

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Notes on Havel's Greatshield Special Ability - Page 2 Empty Re: Notes on Havel's Greatshield Special Ability

Post by BLA1NE Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:05 pm

strangejoy wrote:Blaine, for the 34 str toon, did you have to two hand the shield (right-hand) or could you use it on your left hand?
    Yeah, right hand, 2-handed.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Notes on Havel's Greatshield Special Ability - Page 2 Empty Re: Notes on Havel's Greatshield Special Ability

Post by bloodpixel Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:25 pm

I can imagine an ultimate crsytalline soldier.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:34 am

I've confirmed that the poise and bouncing effect work in pvp. I just had a great axe bounce off of my face without flinching (I took a lot of damage, however silly ). Most people in pvp appear to be kind of confused when I use the ability. Some run away, others throw dung, and some switch to heavy weapons (I have no idea why).
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 am

You've just revived my Dragon-BKGA build, by the way, thanks! Hadn't touched it in a long time, but I think it's time to bring out the Roaring-OHK-Machine out again.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Nevermind, I hate that weapon!

Interesting note though: when you use Havel's Poise Buff as a dragon, all your crystals will fall off your body when you roar. But they'll grow back a few seconds later. I don't know if the buff is suspended during that time though.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:20 pm

strangejoy wrote:I've confirmed that the poise and bouncing effect work in pvp. I just had a great axe bounce off of my face without flinching (I took a lot of damage, however silly ). Most people in pvp appear to be kind of confused when I use the ability. Some run away, others throw dung, and some switch to heavy weapons (I have no idea why).
    They probably think that it slows you down like iron flesh.
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dellusions Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 pm

strangejoy wrote:
    Good uses for this ability: Be creative; who doesn't want more poise? If you're still stumped about the best use, I'll give you a hint. What is naked, roars, usually wastes weight points (i.e., is capable of carrying a 24 weight shield), and has no poise? Here is a little bonus: the dragon roar appears to deactivate the ability, making the buff temporarily invisible. However, appearances are deceptive, as the ability will still be active. Thus, dragon form effectively allows you to hide this poise-jacking buff.

He already mentioned the dragonoid roar getting rid of the crystals.
    foolycooly
    Casual
    Casual

Post by foolycooly Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:01 pm

I tried it last night, didn't see any boost to my poise, at least not on the status menu.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:45 am

Doesn't show in the stats. But it works.
    foolycooly
    Casual
    Casual

Post by foolycooly Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:47 am

BLA1NE wrote:Doesn't show in the stats. But it works.

This thing makes me want to try a class based on poise, wolf's ring, full havels, no more stunlocking. Gets pretty annoying after a while being stunlocked to oblivion with low poise.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 pm

You don't have to overdo it either! lol

Havel's + Wolf's + Shield Buff would skyrocket your poise. Aim for 76 poise, try it out for a while. If it's still not enough, then I guess you can go full Havel's.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:43 pm

But you'd probably be dead before they break your hefty poise.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Great job! Moving this to the Lore Section!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:37 am