Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
mr_no_face
Mintgroove
Back Lot Basher
SadPanda
mikeiothegreat
RANT
passivefamiliar
connorbambi
CakeThiefPro
IHateTheFourKings
Serious_Much
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Kiva the wanderer
17 posters

DkS2 MUST be ported

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

DkS2 MUST be ported - Page 2 Empty Re: DkS2 MUST be ported

Post by Onion Knight Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:10 pm

SadPanda wrote:>implying next gen isn't worst gen

Next gen has way too much hype.

"BUT THE GRAPHICS"
    Can easily be emulated on a PC.

"BUT THE GAMES"
    Are mostly more of the same. Titanfall is Calladoody with mechs, and the new racing games are just pushing multiplayer. I could go on with most next gen games, including Watch Dogs, don't even get me started on that.

"BUT THE FEATURES"
    Share buttons, built in PVR's, and Cable TV, so new and innovative.

"BUT THE SPECS"
    Are that of a mid-range PC you could build for the same price, without screen tearing and other graphical issues. Just look at Blighttown.

Oh, look! Somebody escaped from the PC Gamer website. How cute.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:57 pm

Onion Knight wrote:Oh, look! Somebody escaped from the PC Gamer website. How cute.
    I own a 360 and a bunch of old consoles. I however do not own a gaming PC. I'm just saying for the same price you can have something that does it all, and better.

Fedora: 0
    Communists: 1
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:got a baaaadddd feeling i'll be buying 2 copies of dark2. one for ps3, and then eventually for the ps4. 

i wonder still, online crossplay between ps3/ps4? there will be a handful of games with online play released on BOTH. (same goes for the xbox i figure), but i just wonder if they could cross the servers...but i dont have a clue how all the works.

i do hope they create a way to transfer a character from the ps3 version to the ps4 version, some kind of cloud game save...i dont know, that might be a way to break the game though or cheat. im not considering tech specs or ramifications, im just thinking what i'd like to see. inlighten me if there are big flaws with this. but i still want it, unless its really negative side affects.
    I believe games that are both on PS3 and PS4 will be both on the same PSN, plus the PS4 will be backwards compatible with PS3 games... I think. I made the switch to PC recently, so I stopped looking at the new console features. But when I was paying attention, what I said was true, but it might have changed.
    mikeiothegreat

Post by mikeiothegreat Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:58 am

That's it I've done it. Ordered a cheap second hand PS3 to make the most of the excellent monthly giveaway on PSN+ (already got some awesome free games for the Vita).  I've ordered the limited edition steelbook Dark Souls PTD from Zavvi and will probably also grab a copy of Demon's Souls at some point.

Time to prepare an ad for my Xbox 360 and games collection happy
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:Oh, look! Somebody escaped from the PC Gamer website. How cute.
    I own a 360 and a bunch of old consoles. I however do not own a gaming PC. I'm just saying for the same price you can have something that does it all, and better.

Lol, why did this get downboated? I don't really care that much, but I got downboated for going against consoles, then I got downboated for supporting consoles.

top kek

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:11 pm

Sentiel wrote:What annoys me is when someone gets downrepped and everyone loses their minds and go asking who did the downrep and totally derail the thread.

If you don't care, ignore it and move on. Let those that carry worry themselves over that simple number.
    SadPanda wrote:Ok then, I can respect that.
    From your thread about voting the other day. My advise is just ignore it, I've had it happen plenty of times to me, and to be honest rep is just a number. If you post well it'll go up anyway happy
    Mintgroove
    Mintgroove

Post by Mintgroove Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:51 pm

Caring about downreps is for chumps. I guess that kind of makes whoever put the feature there in the first place king of the chumps.

Feel free to downrep though that's always a laugh. It's the equivalent of throwing a stone at someone for saying something that riles you up which historically happens when someone is correct.

Kind of why I don't equate ganking or skanking in DaS with hackers. There's a difference between playing the game in a terrible way and literally stomping on it or ripping it, it's like taking a sledgehammer to a chessboard. Yeah you can put the pieces back where they were but it was still horribly rude and invasive.

DaSII should be ported purely for that reason to be honest. Hacking the PS4 might be a helluva lot more difficult.

I remember DeS when it was released on PS3. I don't remember seeing any cheaters.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Mintgroove wrote:Caring about downreps is for chumps. I guess that kind of makes whoever put the feature there in the first place king of the chumps.
    Anything online, pretty much.
    TheWanderer101
    TheWanderer101
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheWanderer101 Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:31 pm

If Dark Souls 2 isnt released on next gen (very unlikely) I would settle for Demons Souls 2 on ps4 even though its probably never gonna happen.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am

SadPanda wrote:

I own a gaming PC and currently even if you built a PC with similar specs to the PS4 it would cost about at least $200 more. Hell some of the hardware like the GDDR5 RAM on the PS4 isn't even available to me to purchase right now. 

The PS4 is ridiculously cheap for the specs it has. It is a myth perpetuated from PC Gamer that you can build a rig similar to the consoles for the same price. Saying this as a mainly PC gamer. Consoles also have some great exclusive libraries.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 am